Page 9 of 41 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    You don't know if they halved the time between releases because they have only done it for one so far. Of course you are claiming it might have something to do with the delay because that is what you keep arguing that it could possibly indicate.
    What a shambles, I never said such thing. I have said it is an interesting coincidence, for sure, and i dont blame anyone for drawing the conclusion that the two things are linked. As you said, they have never released a 6 month promo so recently after the last, and the first time they chose to do that is after they were forced to delay the release of the expansion, something that hasnt happened in a very long time (although other products and releases have been delayed, to be clear).

Additionally, unlike some individuals here, I wouldn't hate on Blizzard or any company for trying to mitigate losses in some way or another. Business is business, and i for one have felt no pressure to purchase a 6month sub because of this or any other 6 month promo.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mozu View Post

Late November is not "all the way back" to November. L
    Um, yes it is? What an entirely strange thing to say.....
    Last edited by arkanon; 2020-10-22 at 10:00 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    What a shambles, I never said such thing. I have said it is an interesting coincidence, for sure, and i dont blame anyone for drawing the conclusion that the two things are linked.
    So which is it? You never said such a thing or you don't blame people for having that conclusion which is you saying such a thing.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    So when you say every 6 months when it's only been 3 months you are implying exactly 6 months. Not 5 months. Not 18 months. 6.
    No, i'm not. "x happens exactly every 6 months" is a completely different statement from "x happens reliably every 6 months". For that matter, any event that happens every 3 months also happens every 6 months. And every 18 months. So stop trying to put things in my mouth you two.

So which is it? You never said such a thing or you don't blame people for having that conclusion which is you saying such a thing.
    What on earth are you rambling about? I can hold a certain opinion, but understand how others have come to a different conclusion. Thats the joy of being an adult - we are able to see things from others PoV, and remain open minded.

So to answer your very silly question, its both.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    No, i'm not. "x happens exactly every 6 months" is a completely different statement from "x happens reliably every 6 months". For that matter, any event that happens every 3 months also happens every 6 months. And every 18 months. So stop trying to put things in my mouth you two.
    Just so you know, reliable means "accurately / consistently" , and "exactly" means to emphasize the "accuracy" of something....so........it kinda does mean the same thing.

15+ Year Old Account
    So to answer your very silly question, its both.
    So you lied then when you said you never said it, since its both by your own admission. Maybe stop being so dishonest.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Um, yes it is? What an entirely strange thing to say.....
    No, it's not. Again, context matters. When you say "all the way back" you're using that phrase to attempt to emphasize a large amount of time when the reality is, the difference between a December release and a late November release can be as little as a few days. All this is an attempt to belittle a small part of my point instead of discussing my main point, which was that the argument "blizzard won't release games around holidays" is silly since they have released them around holidays many times in the past (which November is included in). That part that you conveniently did not respond to, yet again.

You spend way too much time trying to catch people in logical fallacies and technical misspeaks to "win" the argument that you fail to actually discuss the meat of the conversation.

15+ Year Old Account
    Just so you know, reliable means "accurately / consistently" , and "exactly" means to emphasize the "accuracy" of something....so........it kinda does mean the same thing.
    But they have still reliably released them every 6 months. A new one not following 6 months doesn't change what they have consistently done up to this point. Something you called dishonest and an incorrect narrative. Weird huh? If it doesn't align with what you want it is wrong but when it supports your narrative it is suddenly "the same thing"

They just happened to have non functional issues like characters rolling back in time, or scaling/xp issues. It's not about the content, because as they already said it, they believe it's basically already complete, and also.. they wouldn't care as long as "it functions" in order to get that juicy Christmas income.

So you lied then when you said you never said it, since its both by your own admission. Maybe stop being so dishonest.
    Honestly, i have NO IDEA what you are saying. Seriously, slow down, think it through, and form an actual argument, you are just rambling at the moment. You intentionally cut out my explanation, which is an extremely childish thing to do. As such, i will link it again here for you:

I can hold a certain opinion, but understand how others have come to a different conclusion. Thats the joy of being an adult - we are able to see things from others PoV, and remain open minded.

- - - Updated - - -

But they have still reliably released them every 6 months. A new one not following 6 months doesn't change what they have consistently done up to this point. Something you called dishonest and an incorrect narrative. Weird huh? If it doesn't align with what you want it is wrong but when it supports your narrative it is suddenly "the same thing"
    They have PREVIOUSLY released them roughly every 6 months, and for the first time, they have changed that pattern. Im not sure if you realise this, if anything, SUPPORTS ops assertion.

I have made this very clear - although im not sitting here saying "omg yes you are right this is DEFFINATELY the reason for the 6month promo!". What i am saying, is that although i dont agree, it is a very reasonable conclusion to draw when looking at the previous gaps between the promos, with the first time they deviated from that lining up perfectly with a delayed expansion launch.

As i have also stated, i would completely understand a company attempting to mitigate losses from a delayed launch buy adding a carrot on a stick to try and retain more subs.
    Last edited by arkanon; 2020-10-22 at 10:12 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, i have NO IDEA what you are saying. Seriously, slow down, think it through, and form an actual argument, you are just rambling at the moment. You intentionally cut out my explanation, which is an extremely childish thing to do. As such, i will link it again here for you:
    If you have no idea what I am saying then wouldn't you be the one rambling here? Because you don't know how or what to respond but decided to do so anyways. I didn't cut out your explanation. It is irrelevant. You stated you never said something while also stating you said both which still means you lied. Because the only way both could be your answer is if you lied when you first stated you never said it.

There's a difference between not treating Blizzard's word on this as ironclad, especially as we're still in Covid-19 times, and taking the word of random nobodies with exactly zero sources to back up their claims.

Jesus, no wonder there's anti-vaxxers around. Not to mention the idiots using the "scam" word like they just learnt that it IS a word but didn't bother to check what it actually stands for.

Let me edumacate the dunces:

Scam//

1. an illegal plan for making money, especially one that involves tricking people:
    2. a dishonest or illegal plan or activity, esp. one for making money:
    3. a fraudulent or deceptive act or operation:

- bUt It ScAmS PeoPLe tO sUBsCriBe fOr An UgLy SeT!

If anyone not intending to play the game decides to buy a 6-month subscription for a set that's also to be available at a cheaper price as well as can be earned via in-game gold, they're not being scammed. They pay, they get what's offered. If every company was responsible for fools and their money, there'd be no retailers left. Calling it a scam, is not even intellectually dishonest, just barren of any intellect to begin with.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2020-10-22 at 10:19 PM.

Blizzard didn't drop an apple though, they dropped the ball. And if you said to me "the apple will take 2 seconds to hit the ground", and then came out and said "actually, change that, it didn't take 2 seconds, I was wrong, and furthermore, im not actually telling you how long it will take", im going to listen to someone who says "you know, i dont think they have any idea how long it takes for the apple to drop".

All your example proves is that Blizzard are apparently terrible at confirming how long the apple takes to drop, and now we just have to wait for the penny to drop for you.
    Okey, let me Clarify that with a Better Anology, because I didnt say: "Hit the Floot", I said Fall.

First of all, let me clear some "Misinformation" for you. Blizzard didnt Lie, and wasnt Wrong, and didnt provide "Misinformation".

Timeline:
    ShadowLands went into Pre-Order with the Expected date: "This Year"
    ShadowLands was announced for 27.10.2020
    ShadowLands was announced to be Delayed until later This Year.

So, a Schedule wasnt met. This is something that Happens ALL the Time, Everywhere. Blizzard said long before the 27th October that it will be Delayed. So, as its still 2020, blizzard did not provide any Misinformation, nor did they Lie, or deceive. To make it like you Claim blizzard would´ve needed to make a Statement that they will never, no matter what Delay the Release. They didnt.

Now, to the Example again. Blizzard holds EVERY Influence over the Release of Shadowlands. If they want, they can Release it Tomorrow. There is literally NO Outside Factor that would prevent Blizzard from releasing the game. The only reason it doesnt release at the 27th October is, because they didnt want to.

So, its to give an Example without Outside Factors like "Something falling". Lets say I say: "I will open my Door at the 27th October", Later I say: "Well, I the Door has this screeching, lemme oil it up, and it doesnt look so good, I´ll tell you when I feel the door is Okey to open".
    Do you still think I could´nt open the door whenever I want? And do you still think Bob from two countries over has a better Grasp than I?

As I said, Blizzard can Release the Expansion whenever they want, and no random guy with wild guesses has any real Influence on that.

So the old internal data was inaccurate, but the new internal data is accurate? Your analogy doesn't work at all, for the record. A release date is a fundamental component of releasing a game, something blizzard have been doing for 20+ years. What you are really saying is that Blizzard suddenly forgot how to do basic addition, something they should have mastered decades ago.
    Do you Honestly think Blizzard doesnt Release Shadowlands because they cant?
    Out of Curiosity, what is your Profession?
    Making a game is not a goddamn Cake where you know exactly when its done.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Late November/early December if at all this year

15+ Year Old Account
    They have PREVIOUSLY released them roughly every 6 months, and for the first time, they have changed that pattern. Im not sure if you realise this, if anything, SUPPORTS ops assertion.
    So here again you point out your lie. Because you are stating the only option is a 2021 release. This break in pattern doesn't support anything other then it happened. It could be a one time thing. It could be a new every 3-month thing. It could have been because of COVID-19. It could be because of the delay but not a commentary on the actual release date.

Quote Originally Posted by LanToaster View Post
    Out of Curiosity, what is your Profession?
    Making a game is not a goddamn Cake where you know exactly when its done.
    Im a baker, and I would prefer if you stopped spreading misinformation about baking a cake being simple. There are countless variables to take into account when baking a cake, such as variance in ingredients, ambient temperature, ovens are not as accurate as you might think, seasonal changes, etc. A lot of experience and knowledge goes into knowing when a cake is "done".

- - - Updated - - -

So here again you point out your lie. Because you are stating the only option is a 2021 release. .
    Quote me - quote where i said the "only option is a 2021 release". im happy to wait, you have made a very bold claim, and i fully expect you are capable of backing this up. Unless of coarse you are still just rambling on and on without anything to support your ranting.

15+ Year Old Account
    Im a baker, and I would prefer if you stopped spreading misinformation about baking a cake being simple. There are countless variables to take into account when baking a cake, such as variance in ingredients, ambient temperature, ovens are not as accurate as you might think, seasonal changes, etc. A lot of experience and knowledge goes into knowing when a cake is "done".
    Baking a cake is still simple to do though. Just because you can make the task more difficult doesn't mean it also can't be simple. It is why they sell cakes in boxes or even able to make a cake in a mug in the microwave.

Its also "silly" to claim the previous 8 expansions are relevant at all, when plenty of other options exist - removing deadweight and replacing with fresh, new ideas.
    And that's different from what they're doing how? Because to me that sounds exactly like what they're doing.

as I said, the past is the past, it is not relevant when looking forward.
    Any prediction of the future is made based upon the past, simply for lack of other data sources. If you ignore the past, you cannot look forward.

Quote Originally Posted by LanToaster View Post

No, clearly they have done some risk assessments and calculated that the losses from releasing the expansion in its current state are far greater than the losses from the delay. When I said "forced" I mean exactly that - someone up top made the call and said "nope, we cant release this, we have to delay it and you need to fix this mess".

When i say "forced" i mean it was against their will - im sure they WANTED to release it on October 27th, the release date, but that obviously didnt happen.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote me - quote where i said the "only option is a 2021 release". im happy to wait, you have made a very bold claim, and i fully expect you are capable of backing this up. Unless of coarse you are still just rambling on and on without anything to support your ranting.
    I did. In the post you just quoted. You said if it proves anything it proves the claims of the OP. Which the OP claimed a 2021 release. So are you again going to back track in your effort to play non-committal word games? Or are you going to keep rambling?

I did. In the post you just quoted. You said if it proves anything it proves the claims of the OP. Which the OP claimed a 2021 release. So are you again going to back track in your effort to play non-committal word games? Or are you going to keep rambling?
    No, i said it SUPPORTS it, not that it proves it. You really are terrible at this, arnt you?