Poll: MOST FUN Melee DPS (Tier List) Agree/Disagree?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Maybe I should try fury on my warrior again, I was frustrated in legion with its incredibly lacking self-healing in world content compared to arms.

So weird having outlaw and havoc on the same tier, with havoc having so few abilities and outlaw now bursting with them again, posisbly a bit excessively but still leagues over BFA's atrocious barren action bars.

I'm mostly just happy my WW and outlaw rogue will be enjoyably playable in SL, I really hated sidelining my outlaw rogue after enjoying it so much in Legion when they gutted it to all hell in BFA. Give me a fast and punchy AoE capable dps class or give me death!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    Maybe I should try fury on my warrior again, I was frustrated in legion with its incredibly lacking self-healing in world content compared to arms.
    Impending Victory is pretty damn strong for its cooldown now it's been buffed to 30%. You shouldn't have any issues at all

Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    I don't understand how anybody could find UH fun.

It suffers from pretty much every major problem a spec can have:

-Poor Mobility
    -Lots of GCDs
    -Too many cds, and the rotation feels like crap outside of them
    -Pet AI issues
    -Ramp-up
    -Dot management
    -Significant downtime
    -Poor visuals / animations outside of Apoc.

Now the fantasy is cool I guess, but the execution leaves a lot to be desired.
    I've been a DK main since it was released and I'm with you on that. I've always wanted to love UH since they changed it but I just can't, It feels like a clusterfuck compared to Frost.

Quote Originally Posted by KALAMITY View Post
    MarcelianOnline posted a video making a tier list ranking melee DPS based on how fun they are.

Things taken into consideration when they ranked them were play style, talent choices and flexibility, what utility they bring, and DPS output.

I know a spec being fun isn't equal to doing the most DPS, but I agree with their point of doing very low damage is disheartening and doesn't make the spec as fun as it can be. What fun can be had doing less damage a third of the overall damage? (Looking at you, Feral)

TIER LIST

S: Unholy, Subtlety, Retribution

A: Windwalker, Outlaw, Havoc

B: Assassination, Survival, Frost (Death Knight), Fury

C: Arms

D: Feral, Enhancement

Do you agree or disagree with their rankings? What specs would you rank higher/lower?

In PvP Perspective,

SL pre-patch/SL

S Tier : Arms Warrior, Rogue (Sub, Assa) Survival Hunter (Gameplay, though I haven't tried it yet but it seems like it's up there with other two)
    A Tier : Retri Paladin (For battlegrounds with high uptime on wings)
    B Tier : WW Monk. (Bursty, fun and awesome moblity yet clunky at times and something is kinda missing for me to enjoy playing the class) , feral
    C Tier:Frost DK, Unholy DK, Enhancement Shaman, Outlaw
    D Tier:Havoc Demon Hunter, Fury Warrior
    Last edited by RealAwoken; 2020-11-16 at 02:12 PM.

I've been in two minds what to play for SL. I've pretty much decided on an Ele shaman but fury warrior is tempting, hows the spec is it as fun as this thread seems to indicate?

Havoc on A is just insulting.

Disagree. Feral and Enhancement are very fun to play.

Havoc on A for fun? Maybe if you're very slow in the head sure. I actually fell asleep playing Havoc with Demon Blades talent. Whoever made that talent is dumb btw.
    Last edited by Radaney; 2020-11-17 at 01:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Radaney View Post
    Disagree. Feral and Enhancement are very fun to play.

Havoc on A for fun? Maybe if you're very slow in the head sure. I actually fell asleep playing Havoc with Demon Blades talent. Whoever made that talent is dumb btw.
    After reading most of the thread, this and 'Arms is F' is pretty much 80% of everyones concensus.

Enhancement is so fun, I dropped my Wheelcha- I mean my Ret for it. No matter the damage numbers or the lack of defenses, it's just so damn fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edward Wu View Post
    "Real" MMORPG means not having the lionshare of your content be singleplayer. Pretty objective, no?

Quote Originally Posted by LordTakeo View Post
    After reading most of the thread, this and 'Arms is F' is pretty much 80% of everyones concensus.
    The worst thing is that Arms doesn't require a huge amount to make it fun. Undoing the Cleave replacing Sweeping Strikes change makes Cleave/Dreadnaught a really fun talent pair to play with, but the core class still needs some love.

Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post
    The worst thing is that Arms doesn't require a huge amount to make it fun. Undoing the Cleave replacing Sweeping Strikes change makes Cleave/Dreadnaught a really fun talent pair to play with, but the core class still needs some love.
    Oh, I agree. Quite a few speccs are just 1 ability away from greatness.
    Pally with Long Arm of the Law would be glorious. Or make the pony give immunity to slows with the 2nd charge talent.

Enhancement is plenty fun, but it could go with maybe 5% less damage while lightningshield is up? Or give us the "when below 35%.." talent baseline so we can actually skill something else in that row.

Hey, why not give assassination something to do while it waits for energy to recharge? Like a passive that drops poison on the ground and restores 10 energy when walking in it.

But yeah. Tiny adjustments would help. Who knows, maybe Blizz gives us something fun in 9.1.0.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edward Wu View Post
    "Real" MMORPG means not having the lionshare of your content be singleplayer. Pretty objective, no?