Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nephod View Post
    Americans celebrate thanksgiving. The rest of the world doesn't. Maybe they remembered that WoW isn't US only?
    That isn't the point people are making though. The thing is that Thanksgiving is a US holiday and the developers are US based. Which means they will usually take time to spend with family or whatever and not be working. So if any bugs, etc arise then the entire world is subjected to having to wait until these developers are "back in the office" to fix them. So they aren't thinking about just US people when they say it, but the entire world that plays.

Blizz better makes a legendary "Manly Nips of Gazing Madness" drop from the Jailor or I'll be pissed

Quote Originally Posted by Draknalor186 View Post
    "Sweden" has pretty much lifted most restrictions at this point, and we never had any "You must wear mask always" rules at any point during the pandemic.

Tho i share your opinion that any sort of gathering is stupid af.. Most other people have just stopped caring about it at this point, even during the middle of sthe summer, there were people EVERY WHERE and in big groups.. I Live at a somewhat tourist place tho, so in the summer i was in the middle of the most surge of people.
    Let's see what happens with that. Here in Germany they got more strict (also in France).

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Covid is already nuking large Thanksgiving events from orbit, or at least it should for anyone with half a braincell. The rest of the world doesn't celebrate it. Trust me, that does not translate into so many lost sales at all, especially since this is an MMO and most players can handle missing out a few days. It'll mean fewer players come launch maybe- hardly dramatic.
    There are still going to be millions of family gatherings all over the country. The only thing being "nuked " are public gatherings. Thanksgiving will go on as normal for millions of Americans. You are massively underestimating things here.
    Last edited by rrayy; 2020-10-29 at 06:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Argorwal View Post
    I love how surprised people are on the date.

It’s literally the base game launch anniversary in the US (11/23/2004).

3 other expansions, Wrath, Cata, and WoD all launched in Nov/Dec.
    The reason why we are surprised is because it typically is released 2 weeks before or a weekish after Thanksgiving.

They typically take Thanksgiving as a factor because the developers are Americans. They understand there is going to be sever issues and bugs they didn't forsee. Always have to do a hot fix patch that week. So those developers will be working tirelessly during Thanksgiving....It isn't ideal.

Additionally you have to think about Mythic raiding which falls right before Christmas which isn't ideal again.

*Plus the game is far from perfect. This could be the buggiest release for WoW ever. There are basic things not working in the game. So it will be a fun release with a huge amount of bugs. Early Access Shadowlands should be the release name lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Edlarel View Post
    IIRC Nathria is this expansion's Emerald Nightmare. I expect the mythic race will be a grand total of 1 week, if that, as a result. I will be surprised if it spills over to Christmas week.
    Uldir lasted longer than a week, even if not much, and Nathria is a 10 boss raid which is large for a starter offering.

I'm not going to cry over it too much, since much like Thanksgiving this year's Christmas will inevitably be scaled down as well, but the schedule is still pretty tight.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Blizzard is an american company and their developers live in the US. EU people thinking everything is about them.

- - - Updated - - -

omg STOOOOOP!!!! ahhhh!!!
    Blizzard is a International Company based in America* A lot of the people working there are not "Americans". With probably more European players its pretty easy to understand that they don't and shouldn't care about some local holiday shit. They don't develop products only for the American market, maybe people should finally understand that.
    Last edited by Nokami; 2020-10-29 at 06:37 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Should delay the season start to January. Other than that, great news!..

Kinda. They should practically explains their thoughts to us regarding releasing it right before their employees should be on a holiday. Because it certainly doesn't _sound_ that smart.

Jailor: "You know what must be done"
    Thrall: "..."

Can you alrdy regrow your balls Thrall and be warchief.

7+ Year Old Account
    Feels like Tyrande is gonne be in the Nathanos cutscene. Also, feel like Sylvanus is gonna get redeemed "See, I did this so ALL of us can choose our own path"

It won't be ready.

@Blizzard
    hi, before I book the 23rd off work tomorrow can I have full confirmation the game is going to come out that day? No take backsies. #burntbefore #cantwait #Cyberpunk2077 #Cyberpunk???

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmyw View Post
    THanksgiving? wtf is that? god damn 'Muricans thinking everything is about them XD
    A major US holiday in country of 330 million people which also happens to be the home of Blizzard which also happens to employ US citizens who’d rather be home with their families.

Typical anti-American BS of MMO-C.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

2020-07-16, 01:21 PM:
    Prob be late fall, around Thanksgiving before Christmas which is good since it gives more time to polish, but don’t take anything wholesome deadlines get pushed all the time.
    WOOT WOOT I'm a "vaguely mentioned winner", right here. Where's my parade...lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    I don't think Blizzard cares about your first-world problems.
    I think it's to help us continue social-distancing which is brilliant.

Quote Originally Posted by Coolness53 View Post
    The reason why we are surprised is because it typically is released 2 weeks before or a weekish after Thanksgiving.

They typically take Thanksgiving as a factor because the developers are Americans. They understand there is going to be sever issues and bugs they didn't forsee. Always have to do a hot fix patch that week. So those developers will be working tirelessly during Thanksgiving....It isn't ideal.

Additionally you have to think about Mythic raiding which falls right before Christmas which isn't ideal again.

*Plus the game is far from perfect. This could be the buggiest release for WoW ever. There are basic things not working in the game. So it will be a fun release with a huge amount of bugs. Early Access Shadowlands should be the release name lol.
    Bugs are one thing for sure, but I mean they launched a full blown brand new MMO 2 days before Thanksgiving back in 2004.

And 3 other Nov/Dec releases.

Basing everything in this game, even release dates, around guilds who play this game 17 hours day and race is just a terrible practice when the holidays is an ideal time for the massive casual audience to play a video game.

Probably why they’ve already had so many other similar release times.

Very glad we finally have the date. Pretty happy that it's earlier than I thought, too.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    I'm pretty sure their largest audience is the USA. Even if it wasn't, Thanksgiving is a big holiday and this is going to sorely impact sales.
    No it's not. US servers are much more dead in general than EU servers. EU is the majority.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Oh yeah!

That aged well (I am EU so)

I am better than I thought:
    Well, technically modern expacs always start few minutes before midnight, so still 23rd ;P.

I think I will wait till next year to start playing. I have a feeling there will be a lot of bugs and I would rather wait. I don't raid, so it really makes not difference to me.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nokami View Post
    Blizzard is a International Company based in America* A lot of the people working there are not "Americans". With probably more European players its pretty easy to understand that they don't and shouldn't care about some local holiday shit. They don't develop products only for the American market, maybe people should finally understand that.
    Please enlighten us what country that the thousands of "non Americans" are from that work in America are from