Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

Post your unpopular Music opinions?

I will start

Girls Aloud is the best girls band ever

Bands such as Queen, Kiss, The Eagles, and Bruce Springsteen were far better at marketing than music. The positioning they enjoyed via their agents and managers is the real accomplishment.

That is not to say they are talentless or necessarily bad musicians. They just are actually not as good or well thought of in their respective peaks as the general populace might think after years of AAA marketing.

There hasn't been a good Rock band since Marilyn Manson. Metal excluded as a different genre. When he sang "Rock is deader than dead," he was right.

There is no really bad music, just really shallow music. If it makes you happy, it can't be that bad.

Best musician of the past 30 years is a folk singer named Ani DiFranco. She had a brief MTv moment in the late 90s, but otherwise has been putting out tremendous albums for 30 years, the first when she was 19.

The Beatles, Rolling Stones and Eagles are over rated. I recognize their contribution to music, but I don't think their songs are as great as people claim them to be.

All music that survive 20+ years should get respect.

But I dont think I have a unpopular opinion, if I do its just other peoples bad taste.

Men are better singers than women. There are a few decent women singers Christina Agularia has decent range and can be good and Allison Krauss are a few, but for the most part I prefer any song that is sang by a Male to its female version.

Most remakes of older songs that have been redone in the last 5 years or so such as Sound Of Silence (Disturbed), Bad Company (5FDP) they have done a few are better than the originals.

Taylor Swift is great

Garbage is the best band to come out of the 90s

Bon Scott is way better than Brian Johnson

Female fronted metal is better than male fronted metal

I find listening to video game albums to be weird

10+ Year Old Account
    Nickelback is significantly underrated. I would never say they're the bestest thing ever, but it's all very solid pop-rock stuff. Much like a lot of other massive bands, who get way more credit for really no justifiable reason.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Nickelback is significantly underrated. I would never say they're the bestest thing ever, but it's all very solid pop-rock stuff. Much like a lot of other massive bands, who get way more credit for really no justifiable reason.
    Was hoping someone would mention Nickelback, I quite like their music (which would be my unpopular opinion) and I don't get why they get shit on so much compared to other bands of the same genre.

3+ Year Old Account
    Um... Well, I think that must pop music made today (or the late 2010s) really sucks, and all sounds the same.

Also, people rarely use real instruments and instead rely on electronic sounds for some reason
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

springsteen captured blue collar america better that dylan
    dylan is better lyrically than cohen
    who is fiona apple for??!?!
    fiona apple is a poor mans laura marling
    the arctic monkeys have always been shit and i wouldnt be suprised if alex turner was a nonce
    the beach boys are more important than the beatles

Isn't Anything is better than Loveless.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post

From 96 to 04ish they were amazing, but they never moved on or improved their sound. Why listen to their new music when their old music is the same but better. Thats their main problem. Once they hit Photograph it was already over.

My opinion: hip-hop has been in a golden age for about 7 or 8 years, if anything we are coming out of that golden age right now. There has been music and albums that that rival and beat anything put out during the general consensus of best hip-hop period through the early to mid 90s.

Bjork is the most talented female solo artist of all time.
    Frank Zappa is god.
    Kid A is the greatest album ever recorded.
    Imagine by John Lennon is the worst "big" song ever recorded.
    Black Sabbath are still the best metal band of all time.
    "House of the Rising Sun" by The Animals might just be the best single ever recorded.

Unpopular music opinions? I dunno, the internet seem to hate Nickelback, and I honestly don't mind their music.

Megadeth is the superior band out of the big 4, though I don't know if thats necessarily an unpopular opinion.

I havent heared any music i remember for 15 years and with youtube i dont listen to radio so nothing new comes in apart from from movies/tv series. Maybe there is a new big band outthere i will never hear... But i guess if something as nice as nirvana comes around we all know it...

I listen to good stuff and things that make me feel nostalgic

Rap is low tier trash when it comes to music genres despite it being one of the most popular in the US.

Most of weird als covers are better then the original.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    springsteen captured blue collar america better that dylan
    What a weird point of view. Dylan was a bohemian hobo, a country charlatan, and a folk singer. Blue-collar was never really his thing or aesthetic. He made music about the poor, romance, and injustice. I guess he sang a lot about day laborers and such- but this dude was also singing about Mexican Bandits, Chinese opium dens, and snorting cocaine on the French Rivera.

I have no issue with your opinion on the matter- it is fairly truthful actually. I just have NEVER, ever heard anyone make this kind of parallel with regards to the American Blue-Collar context and Springsteen despite a fair amount of music writing and education myself and among other music enthusiasts.

Also, you are aware Fiona Apple predates Laura Marling by more than a decade. So it is somewhat bizarre for Apple to be 'the poor man's' version of... herself?

The way you phrased your whole post is throwing me off, man. lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AryuFate View Post
    Isn't Anything is better than Loveless.
    I would not go that far, but bro. Yes- so fucking good.

I even go to the mattresses for Ecstasy and Wine.

Coldplay made some pretty great music in their early years. Rush of Blood to the Head is a great album. Same with Linkin Park. Meteora is another great album.