Let loot be loot but make it so systems matter more? New structure?

Feels like the retail game is playing me instead of me playing it. The game feels complicated for the sake of being complicated and feels like a job with to do’s as opposed to something like what blue protocol plans to be: no loot treadmill, no gear to be heard of and the only progression is leveling up and clearing content. Game is free and monetizing xmog only. Kinda like an overwatch 2 but as a pve mmorpg.

I don’t think WoW is fit as a non farming centric chore based game unless they just keep it simple and spend the time focusing on new non-gated content as opposed to systems upon systems which I don’t foresee happening. Classic phases even with attunements feel more satisfying than some of the retail systems and overall feel.

I’m back to WoW to check out SL and playing until one of the 5 games I’m waiting for releases. Having said that, I don’t think I will completely quit WoW, ever. It just forces me to take breaks from it by burning me out super fast.

Ok, thanks for calling, bye.
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

Quote Originally Posted by RemasteredClassic View Post
    I’m back to WoW to check out SL and playing until one of the 5 games I’m waiting for releases. Having said that, I don’t think I will completely quit WoW, ever. It just forces me to take breaks from it by burning me out super fast.
    Me and my friends just hop in whenever we feel like it, play the patch and quit once it becomes boring. We quit BFA 2 weeks after launch, came back 8.3, played for 2 months and then quit again to play something else. It's just not an engaging as it used to be, everything is streamlined + dripfeeding you gear upgrades at a snail's pace and you immediately jump to current content "cuz who wants to play OLD content amirite", even if that old content was current a month ago.

And SL does seem like it's gonna be BFA with some minor changes, honestly I'll just get to max, do the new stuff and quit. Only thing that might keep me subbed for more than a month is if pvp was fun.

Quote Originally Posted by CylomDashti View Post
    Me and my friends just hop in whenever we feel like it, play the patch and quit once it becomes boring. We quit BFA 2 weeks after launch, came back 8.3, played for 2 months and then quit again to play something else. It's just not an engaging as it used to be, everything is streamlined + dripfeeding you gear upgrades at a snail's pace and you immediately jump to current content "cuz who wants to play OLD content amirite", even if that old content was current a month ago.

And SL does seem like it's gonna be BFA with some minor changes, honestly I'll just get to max, do the new stuff and quit. Only thing that might keep me subbed for more than a month is if pvp was fun.
    I just don't understand why the devs give themselves the go ahead to make incredibly terrible changes and think nobody would complain...to give a simple example out of many, you currently need more than 300 pvp battles to be able to unlock a set of gear that is equivalent to mythic+ 0 loot. This is about 80+ hours worth of farming...just to be able to BUY a set of gear, not get it for free after spending 80+ hours of subbed farming time in pvp. Also, this is locked behind the renown system progression that is heavily time gated.