Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Fincayra View Post
    Yeah, let all those poor people die, just like what happened back in the 1400's. Seems like a completely rational response to the threat of death and disease.

And, since we're now comparing the plague and coronavirus:

Some historians believe that society subsequently became more violent as the mass mortality rate cheapened life and thus increased warfare, crime, popular revolt, waves of flagellants, and persecution. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bubonic_plague#History

The riots are already here, as is crime. It's already happening. See? I can blame all the stupid shit that's happened this year on covid if I wanted to, if I use your stupid logic.
    That's not what he said, though. That sentiment would be horrifying indeed.

What he's saying, is that help and advise is offered to all. Those that refuse to take that help and advise well... They have a higher chance of dying.

It could theoretically mean that the genes of people more inclined to follow scientific advise are more likely to live on. And THAT is a small silver lining.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashnazg View Post
    Um, I beg to differ. The soundtrack was epic
    Yeah, but it doesn't require watching the movie. The movie soils the soundtrack.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Dakotas, still sowing and still reaping.

What's happening in the Czech Republic?
    Government Affiliated Snark

Quote Originally Posted by For_The_Horde View Post
    As someone who lives right next to SD, and about an hour away from the biggest city in SD (with 1/4 of the state population), I am both terrified and enraged at this mad-woman.
    It's mostly her, but not just her. The mayor of that city is also anti mask anti science, and cast the tie breaker to not do a mask mandate last week and said masks don't do anything to stop the spread. I guess a few people on the city council finally changed their minds yesterday so now there is a mandate, but fuck Noem, and Fuck mayor Tenhaken, and any GoP anti science fucker.

People in prison for life for smoking pot, while these people are murderers and have very cushy jobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    2020 the year smashmouth participated in a crime against humanity
    Smashmouth participated in a crime against humanity simply by forming Smashmouth.

Hey now...

Just don't do it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey now...
    You're a

Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post

Just don't do it.
    ...nevermind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have family in North Dakota. So Noem can go fuck herself.
    Putin khuliyo

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...state-n1086071

If you want a blast from the past, she sure took the meth problem in the state seriously last year. I'm not gonna blast her for that, even if the campaign was pretty lulzy, that's good shit and combating addiction is important.

But in context, she made hay out of 13 people dying of meth overdoses in the state in 2018.

705 people have died in the past 6 months from covid, and she seems considerably less motivated to do anything about it. Wonder if that's because she buys into the view that the virus is a political issue, not a public health issue.

Watching a just heartbreaking segment on CNN right now. Interviewed hospital staff and 2 pretty critical patients who's fate right now is unknown. 5 covid cases in this hospital in july, today is 85.

more people are testing positive in this state then negative. Yes positivity is OVER 50%. there was a day earlier this week it reached almost 70%!! Noem refusing to even advocate masks much less mandate. not discouraging social distancing. Today she states and I quote "we won't stop or discourage you from thanking God and spending time together this Thanksgiving.”

the most fucked up thing, is she'll likely easily get re-elected.

Quote Originally Posted by PresidentElectMilchschake View Post
    What's happening in the Czech Republic?
    The "facemasks restrict our freedom" slogan from U.S. became very popular in post-soviet countries for some fucking reason. You would be surprised how many facebook lawyers suddenly resurfaced.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Ballad of Sarah Palin of the Plains

South Dakota currently leads the nation in COVID outbreaks.

Spokesperson for SD Governor on her refusal to act: "The facts are simple: mask mandates, harsh lockdowns, massive testing and contact tracing haven't worked - in the United States or abroad."

I could only imagine that even in a Zombie Apocalypse, she would find a way to make it worse.
    Government Affiliated Snark

Quote Originally Posted by PresidentElectMilchschake View Post
    The Ballad of Sarah Palin of the Plains

South Dakota currently leads the nation in COVID outbreaks.

Spokesperson for SD Governor on her refusal to act: "The facts are simple: mask mandates, harsh lockdowns, massive testing and contact tracing haven't worked - in the United States or abroad."

I could only imagine that even in a Zombie Apocalypse, she would find a way to make it worse.
    Do elected officials in the US even bother to check what the rest of the world is doing? In Victoria Australia we had a second wave that started in June and peaked in August with a number of days that had over 700 new cases a day. The government put us into the one of the harshest lockdowns in the world.

Do you know where we are now? We've had no new cases and no deaths for twenty five days.

We've had no active cases for two days. Let me say that again, a state of 5.7 million people has no cases of covid at all.

If we keep this up, and we will, according to WHO guidelines Covid 19 will be considered to have been eradicated in Victoria.

Don't get me wrong, it took a long time and was a lot of hard work, but we did it.

So nobody who has an ounce of intelligence can say lockdowns don't work.

Quote Originally Posted by Vercincor View Post
    Do elected officials in the US even bother to check what the rest of the world is doing? In Victoria Australia we had a second wave that started in June and peaked in August with a number of days that had over 700 new cases a day. The government put us into the one of the harshest lockdowns in the world.

Do you know where we are now? We've had no new cases and no deaths for twenty five days.

We've had no active cases for two days. Let me say that again, a state of 5.7 million people has no cases of covid at all.

If we keep this up, and we will, according to WHO guidelines Covid 19 will be considered to have been eradicated in Victoria.

Don't get me wrong, it took a long time and was a lot of hard work, but we did it.

So nobody who has an ounce of intelligence can say lockdowns don't work.
    Nope, people bitch about "freedom", and don't care if they get infected, cuz they say that bullshit about 99.99% survive meme. Even though it isn't that high, it is closer to like 97%, and a good deal of the 97% will probably have lifelong complications from it like heart and lung damage, but they don't care.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    The "facemasks restrict our freedom" slogan from U.S. became very popular in post-soviet countries for some fucking reason. You would be surprised how many facebook lawyers suddenly resurfaced.
    After the fall of the Soviet Union, lots of Eastern Europeans gorged themselves on American media culture and absorbed its purported virtues, like our hyper-atomized and hyper-consumerist notions of liberty. For us its an almost natural outcome of our historical development - all that yeoman farmer, settler colonist "Manifest Destiny" bullshit where every man's home is his inviolable fortress - but feels out of place virtually anywhere else because it only spreads through pure cultural hegemony.

Let me know if my math is wrong.

943 people had died from Covid-19 in SD.

SD population is 882,235.

So Covid-19 had killed .106% of SD population? About 1 in 1000?
    Last edited by Rasulis; 2020-11-30 at 06:50 PM.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...icked-numbers/

And link to her op-ed - https://www.wsj.com/articles/south-d...se-11607381485

Apparently her measure for success in combating covid isn't cases/death rates. It's not hospital capacity. No, it has nothing really to do with health. Unless it's comparing total numbers including from early on when we didn't know shit and nothing was in place, not recent numbers which are a better measure.

It's that she doesn't have those awful public health and safety policies in place.

There's a special place in hell, or whatever "bad place" one believes exists, for amoral, vulgar people like her.

https://www.argusleader.com/story/ne...on/3872747001/

A South Dakota lawmaker who earlier this week visited Gov. Kristi Noem's mansion and attended her budget address in Pierre has tested positive for COVID-19.

Sen. Helene Duhamel, R-Rapid City, alerted Senate majority leadership Wednesday that she had fallen ill and tested positive with coronavirus since returning home from the capitol where she and other legislators met the day prior.
    The grim reaper strikes again.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    As I posted in my update yesterday, her state is still around 50% positivity and is only testing around 2k--and falling--people per day. When your positivity is high you're supposed to test MORE, not less.

Her COVID-19 response is pretty much the same as Trump's: Deny it's a problem.