Page 1 of 16
... LastLast

Post your unpopular Video Game opinions?

I will start

Fall Guys is overrated.

Final Fantasy 7 is overrated.

6 is a superior game.

Breath of Fire V's D Ratio mechanic was an interesting twist to try and alter the course of events during gameplay but i understand why so many found it punishing beyond belief.

10+ Year Old Account
    wow is a great game

Autoplay is fuckin great.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dark Souls series and or esque combat isn't that great and turn based combat is lesser then action based.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Dragon Quest should be as popular a series in NA as Final Fantasy

Dark Souls doesn't have hard, complex or "deep" lore, it's just a bunch of stuff that are never explain which people exaggerate into having deeper meaning.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Phayde View Post
    Final Fantasy 7 is overrated.

6 is a superior game.
    Isn't that the general consensus among players who have actually played both games?

Skyrim is very overrated.

Stood in the Fire Texan Penguin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't want Sega to make hardware again, as much of a nostalgia trip as that would be.

Business-wise, they put two rounds in each foot and one in their dick back in the 1990s. The shareholders and the board are unlikely to forget the company's past mistakes, nor will the consumers whom a hardware comeback would appeal to. Plus the market is so crowded two decades post-Dreamcast that it would take something wild to stand out as the fourth console.

Give me a new single-player Phantasy Star. A new Shining Force- I know they put out Resonance Refrain but it's a remake of a PS3 game, as good as it might be. A decent 3D Sonic game. I'd also love to see them try to reboot Ecco, Comix Zone, maybe even Outrun with that funky 80s/90s vibe. They have so many IPs they could potentially work with that they can become a software powerhouse if they just push a bit harder. Plus they have Creative Assembly and Atlus now.

But let the hardware stay in the past. We had our fun, but I want to know Sega for it's amazing games more than I do yet another console on my TV stand.

Quote Originally Posted by Naoto View Post
    Now hold on. I actually played Skye in like 4 months ago and it was pretty good. I completely understand why people rate it highly. Why do you say it's overrated?

5+ Year Old Account
    Zelda:BotW was clunky, boring and disappointing.
    Fortnite isn't a real video game, its just gamified propaganda.
    Annnnnnd I'm not convinced Cyberpunk will be any good.

Well, that's my negativity vented for the day :P

I really liked Mass Effect Andromeda and the shooting system there is great

WoD was a great expansion

Ooooh boy, now this thread is my jam. I'll try to be more positive than negative, but even so: braces yeselves, heathens, and hearken the truth of things;

Witcher 3 is a great, sometimes dipping to good game. It is not God's very own, perfect gift to gamers. Similarly, I expect Cyberpunk to be a great, but hardly perfect game.

The Darksiders series is pretty good. I like it, so there.

WoW is a good game that offers absolutely unmatched large-scale PvE experiences even if its questing experience and PvP are absolutely atrocious.

Dark Souls is good as a basis, but is inferior to DS2, DS3 (especially), Bloodborne and Sekiro (very much especially). Also fewer games should copy Dark Souls, not more.

Hollow Knight is the best Metroidvania game ever made.

Fallout New Vegas is the best in the series, bar none.

Mass Effect Andromeda was a good, albeit obviously not great game.

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance is the only actual good game in the entire Metal Gear franchise.

Indie games often overuse meta commentary. Yes, it was cool in Undertale to a degree. No, that doesn't mean copying it makes your game good.

Purely in terms of moment to moment gameplay, Doom Eternal is the best game ever made.

Think that's enough for today.
    Last edited by Jastall; 2020-09-17 at 12:01 AM.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

10+ Year Old Account
    world of warcraft was the last best game, ie not a single game released after was better despite the amount of games being x10

3+ Year Old Account
    Final Fantasy X2 was awful and should've just been a prequel
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Sekiro isn't harder than Soulsborne games. To the point it was actually surprisingly (and in case of hyped bosses like the ape, even disappointingly) easy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Naoto View Post
    not rly,considering people can modd it to such extreme levels where its not even the same,you can even mod it to look and feel just like witcher 3,but yeah,base game skyrim is pretty empty and souless,the only thing it rly had going for it was the feeling of freedom and interactivity with the enviroment you get that no other rpg has even much better ones havent nailed that aspect

zombie games are the best genre