5+ Year Old Account

Affliction aoe dps in M+

Hey,

I wanted to ask around how you are doing Aoe dmg in m+ dungeons, because I find it somewhat underwhelming. I saw that the highest key currently was run with a warlock ( which play in his hand with longer living adds I guess), but constantly doing high aoe dps is a riddle to me. In lower keys I'm mostly around tanks on trash, and first by far on the boss.

So my basic understanding of Aoe is that you cast seed of corruption, keep your dots up on the main target and cleave with malefic rupture. Additionally singularity or covenant ability for more damage. Due to adds dying faster in low keys I only put agony (for legendary) and unstable affl. sometimes on the main target to get rupture out faster. But that only nets me about 4-5k max in "normal" trash packs under good conditions.

Single target is no problem, 90+ logs in raids is fine, but Aoe is a little unclear and I hope someone can give me some insights.
    (Maybe it's also my gear, 185 currently).

thanks in advance and sorry for making a new post, didnt find any newer thread I could hijack with that question.

Vile Taint (+Dark Caller) in M+, and you'll see the results.

Using VT means you need to prepare for the next pack by Draining (with UA preferably) as much as you can. Then SoC+VT, a few Agonies and let it roll.

Problem is pug tanks don't pull around your cd's or just pull big in general or mobs simply dying too fast.

If you only pull 2-3 mobs, affli will probably be below the tank tbh, and then you start to doubting your cd usage, like should i use cd's for 2-3 mobs or should i wait for a bigger pull, and that bigger pull might not even happen, so you sit and hold back cd's and literally waste cd's. That's atleast my experience when i run pug keys, tanks is the biggest reason on why you do low dps or really good dps. But i would personally prob only go affli for +12 or higher, i ran some +10 keys and felt like shit was dying too quick.

Quote Originally Posted by Rumex View Post
    Problem is pug tanks don't pull around your cd's or just pull big in general or mobs simply dying too fast.

If you only pull 2-3 mobs, affli will probably be below the tank tbh, and then you start to doubting your cd usage, like should i use cd's for 2-3 mobs or should i wait for a bigger pull, and that bigger pull might not even happen, so you sit and hold back cd's and literally waste cd's. That's atleast my experience when i run pug keys, tanks is the biggest reason on why you do low dps or really good dps. But i would personally prob only go affli for +12 or higher, i ran some +10 keys and felt like shit was dying too quick.
    I was following this video for low m+ keys and/or even heroic dungeons and was doing good dps