Page 17 of 51 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Her character is about interested in sex as Wrex is, and we don't see him in skintight clothing and with several gratuitous ass shots..
    Wrex is very interested in sex especially in ME3
    And Miranda uses a hookup app.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    You couldn't pay me to play through Mass Effect 1 again. Interesting plot and gameplay but the secondary characters and side missions were all over the place. ME 2 and 3 on the other hand I did like, even ith the ending controversy.
    Well I agree with the plot and all, the gameplay for ME1 not so much. I would need more than just a remaster for ME1 to be interested. In regards to 2 and 3 I have played through the games multiple times with what I would consider a perfect ending, so I'm currently not thirsting for another go and won't be any time soon probably.

Were there some issues with the games that make them not work on current hardware/software? Otherwise I'm not seeing much use for it. I guess not having to deal with bioware's old DLC registration would be a plus as well.. that shit was just asinine.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    to find a father (and by father i mean sperm donor, and before you ask, why not just buy sperm? she resents being engineered and because of that, she is trying for a child an old fashioned way) for a child she wants, NOT because she is in it for sexy times.

now I do not mind her outfit per se. its just one of the weapons in her arsenal, and Jacob's outfit is just as tight. but that assshot covering up half the screen during a conversation? is STILL dumb. it was always dumb.
    Last edited by Witchblade77; 2021-02-07 at 08:51 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    to find a father (and by father i mean sperm donor, and before you ask, why not just buy sperm? she resents being engineered and because of that, she is trying for a child an old fashioned way) for a child she wants, NOT because she is in it for sexy times.

now I do not mind her outfit per se. its just one of the weapons in her arsenal, and Jacob's outfit is just as tight. but that assshot covering up half the screen during a conversation? is STILL dumb. it was always dumb.
    I dunno, I like a nice butt shot
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Wrex likes it, until he gets more than he bargained for. Still one of my favorite parts of Citadel.

And she uses a dating app for quickie sex/to get pregant. Sex appeal hardly defines her character like it does Morinth's.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, we'll see if their excuse holds up when we see whether they kept Jacobs butt shot in or not. I'm willing to bet they kept it in. Cause only the female body is a no no to look at.

I dunno, I like a nice butt shot
    nothing wrong with that. its just... it made absolutely no sense in context of those ME2 conversations. it was in a nutshell - pure pandering, the same way gratuitous butt shot Kaidan gets when you invite him back to the ship in ME3, provided you have active romance going - is pure pandering to the now extinct romance thread and that shot annoyed the shit out of me, personaly, because it was just... so... dumb and out of place.

but that's just me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
    Well, we'll see if their excuse holds up when we see whether they kept Jacobs butt shot in or not. I'm willing to bet they kept it in. Cause only the female body is a no no to look at.
    correct me if I'm wrong, but Jacob doesn't get buttshots during conversations. he gets them during romance scene, where it makes sense. if they edit Miranda's romance scene, then you have a leg to stand on.

(there is another pandering butt shot in ME3, but I have a feeling its staying in, because its.... sorta kinda if you squint very hard, makes sense for some shepards as it only appears with active romance and supposed to be from Shepard's point of view rather then players. I still hate it though :/

Her character is about interested in sex as Wrex is, and we don't see him in skintight clothing and with several gratuitous ass shots.
    We can literally fuck her.

Edit: Also the entire ark of Wrex and his people is about mating. And I'd love more Wrex ass shots myself, lol.
    Last edited by Elkas; 2021-02-07 at 10:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    nothing wrong with that. its just... it made absolutely no sense in context of those ME2 conversations.
    It made perfect sense because I liked it.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    I saw in a comparison video of Virmire that LE had added foliage on one of the cliff sides - censorship!

I think I'd prefer more sensible camera positions to be honest. As I've mentioned already, those scenes always came across as weird to me.
    They were weird to me too, mainly because they are nonsensical. But if it ain't broken then don't fix it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Top example of why devs need to emphasise diversity and move away from toxic fans who want to gatekeep. Rare to see the mask slip that much though.

- - - Updated - - -

Holy shit didn't we have this exact same conversation about Tracer and Widowmaker a year or so back (not "you and me" we, "the gaming community" we.)
    I mean, I made it pretty clear why it's nothing but blatant pandering to a crowd that generally doesn't buy the stuff they whine about, but anyway. And I didn't say that it doesn't work either. You can have a great cast of characters so long as the writing and the acting are both good. Did I not rave about how great I thought the characters were in Cyberpunk? Because I'm pretty sure I did. The problem is that there's very few really good examples of games having a diverse cast that aren't just pandering with shallow characters with bad arcs.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Well I agree with the plot and all, the gameplay for ME1 not so much. I would need more than just a remaster for ME1 to be interested. In regards to 2 and 3 I have played through the games multiple times with what I would consider a perfect ending, so I'm currently not thirsting for another go and won't be any time soon probably.

Were there some issues with the games that make them not work on current hardware/software? Otherwise I'm not seeing much use for it. I guess not having to deal with bioware's old DLC registration would be a plus as well.. that shit was just asinine.
    Bioware did state that the amount of work needed for ME1 was beyond there original scope which to me says allot.
    I'm guessing that when the devs started looking at what they needed to do for ME1 that soon they came to the conclusion that the work was beyond just upgrading the assets but also allot of gameplay elements.
    Personally I'm hoping a bit more work on the shooting department, that's my biggest problem with ME1.

Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    Bioware did state that the amount of work needed for ME1 was beyond there original scope which to me says allot.
    I'm guessing that when the devs started looking at what they needed to do for ME1 that soon they came to the conclusion that the work was beyond just upgrading the assets but also allot of gameplay elements.
    Personally I'm hoping a bit more work on the shooting department, that's my biggest problem with ME1.
    They said they re-balanced the weapons, and every class can use every weapon without penalty. However only the classes with specific weapon training get those bonuses. And i assume that by 'reworking the boss fights' they changed the levels to make it easier/better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I'm fine with a mafia. Of course, the mafia families often worked with independent third parties in order to maintain relations.

Quote Originally Posted by segara82 View Post
    They said they re-balanced the weapons, and every class can use every weapon without penalty. However only the classes with specific weapon training get those bonuses. And i assume that by 'reworking the boss fights' they changed the levels to make it easier/better.
    Fuck that krogan battlemaster on Therum...........

They're also changing the aiming in ME1 to be more based on your skill and less LOOK AT THIS HUGE CIRCLE! BETTER HOPE YOU HIT SOMETHING, HUH??

The situation is indeed similar. I don't mind skin and sex in games at all, where it makes sense as far as the characters are concerned. Morinth is a space vampire who feeds on her sexual partners, of course she's dress to attract people. Miranda is an ice queen and the prominent member of a terrorist organization, genetically perfect but who resents her heritage. None of that is informed by her outfit. Her character is about interested in sex as Wrex is, and we don't see him in skintight clothing and with several gratuitous ass shots.

...Now I've put that image in my own head and I cannot unsee it.
    She is an intelligence officer in Cerberus. Of course she would use her sex appeal. Also having butt shots works great for her since its like when a characters face is shadowed so it adds to her intrigue. And given the fact that she works for Cerberus and originally wanted a mind control chip in you it helps reinforce her mysteriousness/shadiness instead of making her just another generic human companion.

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    Also having butt shots works great for her since its like when a characters face is shadowed so it adds to her intrigue.
    This is the silliest thing I've read in a while and I am totally using this line of thought to argue in support of butt-shots moving forward.

"The butt...it's a metaphor for their silhouetted face...but rounder and even more mysterious."

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    This is the silliest thing I've read in a while and I am totally using this line of thought to argue in support of butt-shots moving forward.

"The butt...it's a metaphor for their silhouetted face...but rounder and even more mysterious."
    You may find it silly but it's true. We already know what her face looks like and given the fact that she is a playable character you can't really have her face constantly shadowed but you can use shots where we the players see her face less often to keep the intrigue up. It helps get her character across visually like how they show us Jacob's more military background and not just a Cerberus fanatic by making him more armored and down to earth when we have convos with him.

She is an intelligence officer in Cerberus. Of course she would use her sex appeal. Also having butt shots works great for her since its like when a characters face is shadowed so it adds to her intrigue. And given the fact that she works for Cerberus and originally wanted a mind control chip in you it helps reinforce her mysteriousness/shadiness instead of making her just another generic human companion.
    I disagree. But... well, each to his/her own when it comes to interpretation of the scenes I guess. As long as they don't go around saying what is and isn't allowed.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    I disagree. But... well, each to his/her own when it comes to interpretation of the scenes I guess. As long as they don't go around saying what is and isn't allowed.
    Why do you disagree? She is an out in the open intelligence operative so its not like she would wear a hood and given the human first attitude of Cerberus I don't think Bioware would wanted her to invoke Klan imagery when she is supposed to be a good guy. She was designed to visually tell the story of who she is like any of the other characters and the way the characters are presented in their cutscenes. Take Jack for example, just from her look alone you can tell she's got problems and is a wild card but they also reinforce that by having her pace alot, swear, and throw shit.

Why do you disagree? She is an out in the open intelligence operative so its not like she would wear a hood and given the human first attitude of Cerberus I don't think Bioware would wanted her to invoke Klan imagery when she is supposed to be a good guy. She was designed to visually tell the story of who she is like any of the other characters and the way the characters are presented in their cutscenes. Take Jack for example, just from her look alone you can tell she's got problems and is a wild card but they also reinforce that by having her pace alot, swear, and throw shit.
    Miranda to me was conveyed as a troubled soul, not like Jack, but in a different way. She was made to be perfect but she did not embrace it, she did not want to be defined by it, and so the butt shot feels out of character for her (and unnecessary/weird/creepy to me personally).
    Last edited by Dezerte; 2021-02-09 at 09:50 AM.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

10+ Year Old Account
    This theory doesn't hold up as far as interactions with Shepard throughout the entirety of ME2 is concerned (which is the primary focus of camera angles changing), there's no secret covert intelligence agent seducing thing going on, both her and Jacob are rather up front about both their backgrounds and that they're there to keep an eye on you for the guy up top, and what their relation to Cerberus is.