Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I support the idea and agree that pandaren have the capacity to be badass, but I don't see how Shadowlands is a good time to introduce something like this unless we visited an afterlife made for pandyr, which I think would feel out of place compared to other things they could do.

I'll try to ignore all the comments about MoP, wich I think are uncalled for and irrelevant to the discussion we could have about Pandyr as a way to further the Pandaren side of the lore. I'll try to be more positive than some !

I think that these concepts art are great and show Pandaren in a new light. I'd like very much for this side of the race to be explored.

Obviously, as some people already mentionned, it looks a lot Viking-inspired (I think that's the goal they had) and we already have Vrykul drawing a lot from that already. Personnally, for me the Vyrkul (and all the Titans stuff linked to North Mythology) is where Blizzard went too far outside of their own world and took too much from real world mythology. Vyrkul being humans doens't help. That's why I find Pandyr interesting, because it's a nice twist on this style of world building. While I like Pandaria a lot, it's also quite obvious to have pandas with a asian theme culture. Pandyr feels more fresh and unique (if anything can be unique these days), as long as it's not ripping of North Mythology.

I'd like very much for us to discover a part of Pandaren civilization that broke off from Pandaria, settled somewhere in the north of Azeroth and evolved in a more Vyrkul-like culture. They could have their own Celestials/Wild Gods, and a more tribal way of living and culture. They could also be a lot less secluded that their southern brothers with other races (Tuskarrs, Worgens, Wolvars, Taunkas, ...) within their ranks, because they didn't have Shaohao teachings - basically "hide for the world and wait to be stronger". They had to be stronger on their own and find allies to defend their land.

I find this has a lot of potential for the future !

Quote Originally Posted by haiyken View Post
    I'll try to ignore all the comments about MoP, wich I think are uncalled for and irrelevant to the discussion we could have about Pandyr as a way to further the Pandaren side of the lore. I'll try to be more positive than some !

I think that these concepts art are great and show Pandaren in a new light. I'd like very much for this side of the race to be explored.
    See if this was all the OP attempted, a lot less of us would be focused on his convoluted thoughts on Mists and more on what Pandyr could bring.
    Professor Johnston often said that if you didn't know history, you didn't know anything. You were a leaf that didn't know it was part of a tree. ~Michael Crichton, Timeline

As someone who has mained Pandaren since MoP I have been constantly dissapointed that the few times they show up its always as some random monk. I'd love this only if it would give us some damned Pandaren that arent Monks for once.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Jackson View Post
    It's called statistics and logic, it powers the very tool you're using to question the relevance of statistics and logic.
    So statistics should tell me what I have to like? What the **** is wrong with you?

MoP was one of if not THE best expansion. And the only fact is, that people disliked it because of Pandas and Kung fu panda cartoon correlation. And for that its not the expansions fault but peoples, that don't know how to think with their own heads but need some neckbeard youtuber or streamer to tell them what to think. So GROW UP!

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    Game changes and systems made in Wrath killed the growth.
    No, the pool of people who wanted to try WoW ran out and could not overcome the number of people leaving anymore.
    People were quitting since day one but up until Cataclysm there was always more people joining the game then there were quitting.
    MMORPG playerbase is limited, to think that if there was no LFD, LFR or Multiple raid difficulties and that the numbers would have not declined is delusional.
    Game was over 6 years old that there will always be more people quitting than joining because at that point in time WoW probably had like 30m unique players (just a guess) plus private servers.

the sub numbers dropping from Cata was because of the differences from end of wrath to start of Cata. No one remembers anymore how dungeons went back to be as hard as tbc, something loads of people asked during wrath and how ppl got mad at that and I don't think even a few months into cata, they lowered the difficulty a lot. I remember loads of friends quitting before this change and many never came back to wow...

As for Pandaria, I play since Vanilla, and without a doubt it's my favourite expansion ever. I did love the whole concept, storylines and the artwork. I agree they made the pandarem too goofy, it still annoys me those songs that play when you enter an inn in Pandaria, only exception is the one in half hill. But in general terms I absolutely love the whole expansion from the Jade Forest to going to the top of Kun-Lai to jumping over the wall into two completely different zones in comparison with all others.

I never got the hate people gave this expansion, specially since when you walk through it you can see how much dedication went into making all the details in the expansions continent... it's not like the tried to glue the pandas with a bit of spit into the middle of wow lore, they build everything from root and all of that is very easy to spot when you enter Pandaria... I mean look at the unfinished accident that was wod, with literally two major cities scrapped before launch, you go through frostfire ridge and then you take the Ogre town only to be there half empty... Gorgorond I never understand or felt like I completed the story line in it (despite having the achievement) and I clearly remember half of the region having no story to it, being just a bunch of animals fighting.

Then you get Legion, which is one of the best expansions ever but, like Wrath and TBC each region are story driven, you go into it each of them and the whole region feels like it's made around the questline you progress through.

Compare this to Pandaria and you will notice it's the only continent in the game currently that stands on it's own as continent... there isn't one region built around the story line, but instead the storyline is built around the region itself...

Take Jade Forest, where both sides start at each opposite of the map culminating in the clash in the middle,, you are literally crashing into this continent and meeting the people that live in it instead of arriving at an established giganormous base or quest point where you depart from to quest on the expansion...

I think most people that left in MoP was the "pffft pandas" and the daily quests madness and for both crowds, "times change" things continued to change during the expansion and I hope we can all agree that the Timeless Island was a great quest hub (only region in Pandaria made specifically for gameplay and questing),

MoP is to this day, in more than 14 years playing WoW, the only expansion I actually ended up going all the way playing the whole expansion doing all the raids and even getting the legendary cloak. It was the only storyline I felt compelled to follow through to the end. So no, I can't get all this hate for MoP still being a thing...

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Jackson View Post
    Real life called, it wanted to check on you:

lmao by your "logic," WoD was a worse expansion than MoP. One of the many reasons is that they STOPPED GIVING US THE SUB NUMBERS LOL

Quote Originally Posted by ablock87 View Post
    lmao by your "logic," WoD was a worse expansion than MoP. One of the many reasons is that they STOPPED GIVING US THE SUB NUMBERS LOL
    Besides the fact that I love Pandaria, I have always suspected that whatever the exp would have been in his place, subs would have dropped anyways, it was just physiological.

Quote Originally Posted by ablock87 View Post
    That isn't why they stopped giving sub numbers. They told you why and that was because it was no longer an adequate indicator of game health.

Quote Originally Posted by kaelix1 View Post
    Follow your logic WOD was the worst expansion if you go by subs, what's your point?
    No it wasn't, it saw a huge increase right at the start. The premise was on spot, the execution (cut content) was poor which meant a drop later.

For Cataclysm and Mists you only see a clear line going down.

Quote Originally Posted by Daronokk View Post
    No it wasn't, it saw a huge increase right at the start. The premise was on spot, the execution (cut content) was poor which meant a drop later.

For Cataclysm and Mists you only see a clear line going down.
    Every expansion have a huge spike at the start, follow the lines WOD had it worst as the drop is obvious worst, what expansion is the worst is obvious to the player, for me it was BFA, i was just pointing out the dumb logic the OP used

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    That isn't why they stopped giving sub numbers. They told you why and that was because it was no longer an adequate indicator of game health.
    But it was when the sub numbers were high?... seems fishy.

Honey no :/

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    8 years later I still find it to be one of WoW's best, if not the best expansion.

- - - Updated - - -

Mixing your opinion about the expansion with some facts doesn't make it a fact too.
    I agree, although to me WotLK was best, this was second best easily. Pandas didn't matter to me, there was just something about how it was put together... the IoT and those treasure runs were likely the first steps into things like Visions and now Torghast (one could argue scenarios were the first),

So Pandyr are angry looking Pandaran with fangs? Why on earth would we need those and why would this be a perfect time to introduce them? They don't fit in anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by The-Shan View Post
    hold a poll for people who still play the game, they'll say they love MoP, and see it as one of the best expansions, if not the best of modern WoW rivaled only by legion.
    The last pools i saw still put WOTLK/TBC as best BUT in my opinion what is 'the best' is an OPINION, i have a friend that loved WOD, another loved MOP, i WOTLK and so on, i don't think you can measure what is good with sub numbers

Quote Originally Posted by kaelix1 View Post
    Every expansion have a huge spike at the start, follow the lines WOD had it worst as the drop is obvious worst, what expansion is the worst is obvious to the player, for me it was BFA, i was just pointing out the dumb logic the OP used
    If you look at the graph the only expansion which had a huge spike was WoD. Ofc we don't see legion or bfa, but there is no huge spike for first 4 expansions. I would think Legion would have have a big spike after the whatever level WoD dropped into but IDK about BfA, as Legion retained a lot of players I started playing with into BfA which would reduce "spike" in BfA (it would look sort of like Mop chart) but that is only speculation

I think Pandyr would make a cool allied race.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Pandaren are the master race, everyone know that