Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    WHo says I am fighting Nathanos? I am in no way required to go kill him and the toons that were loyalists will not do so. In fact, I am not required in anyway to fight the scourge. My loyalist toons aren't doing that either. So, tell me again how they denounced Sylvanas?
    What kind of backward logic is this? You do realize that all of Shadowlands will be about thwarting Sylvanas, right? Your toon will denounce Sylvanas eventually, whether you like it or not.

And actually your toon already denounced her. No matter what you do, you will ALWAYS receive a call from help from the new Horde Council, begging you to come to Orgrimmar and help them fight the Scourge, and that pop-up quest CANNOT be declined, it can only be accepted. So sorry, your toon already denounced Sylvanas and accepted a request from the new Horde Council. Sorry not sorry, really.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2020-11-11 at 04:52 PM.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by Queendom View Post
    With this branching introduced, I was honestly expecting the story won't be dumbed down to Garrosh MoP copy-paste, but this is exactly what happened.
    no no no, it's not a copy paste! Garrosh wanted to dominate whereas Sylvanas is really just trying to "set us free" from fate or something, See? Totally different.
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    What kind of backward logic is this? You do realize that all of Shadowlands will be about thwarting Sylvanas, right? Your toon will denounce Sylvanas eventually, whether you like it or not.

And actually your toon already denounced her. No matter what you do, you will ALWAYS receive a call from help from the new Horde Council, begging you to come to Orgrimmar and help them fight the Scourge, and that pop-up quest CANNOT be declined. So sorry, your toon already denounced Sylvanas. Sorry not sorry, really.
    No it has not. I have not played my loyalist toons with any of the new content. WHo says I have to play Shadowlands with those toons? I don't. Those are alts and I will play Shadowlands with my main. And that doesn't een get into the fact that I do not have to accept the pop up quest. I can just ignore it. Therefore, they have not denounced anything. So, you are wrong.
    Last edited by rrayy; 2020-11-11 at 04:55 PM.

It is like voting during the elections... You get the illusion of choice.

No it has not. I have not played my loyalist toons with any of the new content. Therefore, they have not denounced anything. So, you are wrong.
    Wrong. As I said, no matter what you do, as soon as you log in you receive and ACCEPT a request from the new Horde Council to fight the Scourge.

So I hope you haven't logged on your Loyalist toon, otherwise you've already lost.

Well, you lose either way really, since the alternative is straight up not using that character ever again.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

5+ Year Old Account
    Based on some of the weird fanaticism surrounding Sylvanas I read on here and elsewhere I'm genuinely curious if killing her off will lead to a noticeable dent in sub count.

I don't think I've ever seen such devotion to a character in this game before.

OT:

If Horde players were forced to comply to her orders for most of BFA with no recourse, its only fair that Sylvie loyalists also have to feel the burn of shitty writing. I mean from an RP perspective it seems incredibly difficult to RP as a morally-good Horde Druid now lol.
    Honorary member of the Baine Fanclub, the only member really.

No it has not. I have not played my loyalist toons with any of the new content. WHo says I have to play Shadowlands with those toons? I don't. Those are alts and I will play Shadowlands with my main. And that doesn't een get into the fact that I do not have to accept the pop up quest. I can just ignore it. Therefore, they have not denounced anything. So, you are wrong.
    Yes, they have. You don't get a choice on that matter, that ended together with the faction war storyline in BfA. Going into SL, all characters are opposed to Sylvanas.

7+ Year Old Account
    The illusion of choice so her simps keep paying the monthly fee

Loyalist characters do have a choice in Shadowlands. That's to kill themselves to empower the maw and sylvanas. So delete characters and gg
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Wrong. As I said, no matter what you do, as soon as you log in you receive and ACCEPT a request from the new Horde Council to fight the Scourge.

So I hope you haven't logged on your Loyalist toon, otherwise you've already lost.

Well, you lose either way really, since the alternative is straight up not using that character ever again.

Maybe this will give you some time to reflect on your objectively wrong choice.
    No you don't. The pop up comes up, but it doesn't accept until you click on it. I will simply ignore it. As it is, I won't be completing it so I won't be denouncing her anyway. It is no different than getting a wedding invitation in thee mail. Taking it out of the mail box does not mean I will be at the wedding. I simply throw it away. Same here. They are only asking me to come meet them. I am not going to meet them. Therefore I am not working for them and not denouncing Sylvanas.

You are wrong no matter how many times you try to claim otherwise.

ps The alternative is to play old content(old raids for mounts to be exact) which is what they would only be used for anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Yes, they have. You don't get a choice on that matter, that ended together with the faction war storyline in BfA. Going into SL, all characters are opposed to Sylvanas.
    No they are not. I have done nothing with my loyalist toons against Sylvanas. And they will not oppose Sylvanas as they will not partake in Shadowlands and will not do anything for the Horde Council. So, I do have a choice.
    Last edited by rrayy; 2020-11-11 at 05:07 PM.

No you don't. The pop up comes up, but it doesn't accept until you click on it. I will simply ignore it. As it is, I won't be completing it so I won't be denouncing her anyway. It is no different than getting a wedding invitation in thee mail. Taking it out of the mail box does not mean I will be at the wedding. I simply throw it away. Same here. They are only asking me to come meet them. I am not going to meet them. Therefore I am not working for them and not denouncing Sylvanas.

You are wrong no matter how many times you try to claim otherwise.

ps The alternative is to play old content(old raids for mounts to be exact) which is what they would only be used for anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

No they are not. I have done nothing with my loyalist toons against Sylvanas. And they will not oppose Sylvanas as they will not partake in Shadowlands and will not do anything for the Horde Council. So, I do have a choice.
    You still lost though, because you have to ignore literally the entire new expansion on one character. That's a defeat. So enjoy your loss. A fitting ending for a Sylvanas Loyalist.

Blizzard never intended to give players any choice. It was particularly Belullar who started to make videos about the importance of player agency in story telling which created a player demand on forums. Only then they started to add these dialogue options.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    This is an MMO game, not a single player game.

Whatever "choice" your character gets in game quests (whenever or wherever they may be implented), rest assured, it is only an illusion of choice. No matter what the writing may say.

Because they aren't going to redesign WoW for 3 factions (and certainly not based on a single decision by players in a quest) and they aren't going to create perma-seperate versions of games after each of those 'choices' are given. Ultimately, even if the quest may branch due to choices - your story and the story of everyone else is still going to resolve at the same end point for the next release/expansion/content patch/etc.

Not only would that create butt-tons of extra work for the entire dev team, based on every "branching quest decision", but you would have butt tons of players pissed off and upset that their decisions caused unforseen future consequences to their characters. (just look at the 'choice' of covenants and the levels of complaining and that's 'changeable'). This type of 'unique gameplay" just doesn't work in MMOs. Nature of the beast!

See: SWTOR's 'individual' storylines for KOTET and the giant mess that created between ongoing game timelines (every CLASS had a different timeline with different facts for the universe!) that ultimately also still meant nothing at all to the story by the time the next expansion came out and the prior story was 'done'. The dev company just streamlined the storyline (so for some people the facts of their universe just changed one day to the next) so everyone had the same one again so they could move forward.

If you're wanting decisions to have actual meaning to 'change the story' or change your place in the world - go to single player games. Because in MMOs yes - they are full on 'illusions'.

But at least Horde got the illusion of choice - made for a more interesting story in the expansion for that entire side. Alliance didn't even get the story point. :/
    Koriani - Guardians of Forever - BM Huntard on TB; Kharmic - Worgen Druid - TB
    Koriani - none - Dragon of Secret World
    Karmic - Moirae - SWTOR
    inactive: Frith-Rae - Horizons/Istaria; Koriani in multiple old MMOs. I been around a long time.

You still lost though, because you have to ignore literally the entire new expansion on one character. That's a defeat. So enjoy your loss. A fitting ending for a Sylvanas Loyalist.
    That is not a defeat. I won because I did not give in. I remained loyal. For my loyalist toon to lose, it would have to give into the Horde Council. It will not.

You still lost though, because you have to ignore literally the entire new expansion on one character. That's a defeat.
    Playing a character consequently is defeat? You do realize that it is possible and feasible to have different goals in WoW then just completing every quest?
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

Quote Originally Posted by ymirsson View Post
    Playing a character consequently is defeat? You do realize that it is possible and feasible to have different goals in WoW then just completing every quest?
    And do YOU realize that doing anything related to Shadowlands does not mean "playing every quest"?

And do YOU realize that doing anything related to Shadowlands does not mean "playing every quest"?
    You do realize that you're asking a pointless question?
    -Voltaire
    winning

So we can laugh at you for being duped by her.

Quote Originally Posted by Queendom View Post
    What was the point of introducing branching in BFA war campaign questline if the choices don't have any impact and all we got in the end is Garrosh 2.0?
    Did I miss something here? Was something scrapped out of the game or just not completed at all?
    I don't see any suitable conslusion for those who chose to side with Sylvanas, and now with Nathanos' death there surely be none coming.
    Wait there was a branching path?! I feel like I completely missed this...

Quote Originally Posted by ymirsson View Post
    You do realize that you're asking a pointless question?
    Nice deflect on top of your previous strawman, I'll take that as your concession.

Nice deflect on top of your previous strawman, I'll take that as your concession.
    Telling people that they lost by some made up metric does not make you the winner, nor does it make you a good speaker.

But since you have an elven avatar, i say you lost this discussion.
    -Voltaire
    winning