Weapon Expertise racials should return, by allowing races to unlock specific weapons.

Each race now has a "Weapon Expertise" passive racial ability, allowing them to wield a specific weapon type regardless of their class.

Orc: Axes.
    Troll: Polearms.
    Tauren: Maces.
    Undead: Crossbows.
    Blood Elf: Warglaives? Staves? Wands?
    Goblin: Guns.
    Human: Swords.
    Dwarf: Maces.
    Gnome: Guns.
    Night Elf: Warglaives.
    Draenei: Staves? Wands?
    Worgen: Fist weapons, including a "hidden weapon" under Fist Weapons.

They wouldn't even have to edit the stats to make any of them useful. A Night Elf Priest with a warglaive could just use it for transmog. Like, a warrior can wield (and collect appearances) for guns, and they *definitely* can't use those. It'd just be a neat thing to add flavor to each race.

Also I really just wanna run around as an orc warlock with a massive battleaxe. Or a troll shaman with a spear.

Last edited by Amnaught; 2020-11-17 at 07:10 AM. Reason: Posting images

7+ Year Old Account
    I would love that, especially if it gives more races glaives to play with - atleast night elves and trolls should be able to wield them on non-dh classes. But I think it would be too much to balance and it would drive min/maxers crazy, so we prolly won't see this.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Get it right:

Orc
    Axe Specialization
    Orc racial
    Passive
    Expertise with Fist Weapons, Axes and Two-Handed Axes increased by 1%.

Dwarf
    Gun Specialization
    Dwarf racial
    Passive
    Your chance to critically hit with Guns is increased by 1%.

Mace Specialization
    Human, dwarf racial
    Passive
    Expertise with Maces and Two-Handed Maces increased by 1%.

Troll
    Bow Specialization
    Troll racial
    Passive
    Your chance to critically hit with Bows is increased by 1%.

Throwing Specialization
    Troll racial
    Passive
    Your chance to critically hit with Throwing Weapons is increased by 1%.

Gnome
    Shortblade Specialization
    Gnome racial
    Passive
    Expertise with Daggers and One-Handed Swords increased by 1%.

Human
    Sword Specialization
    Human racial
    Passive
    Expertise with Swords and Two-Handed Swords increased by 1%.

Mace Specialization
    Human, dwarf racial
    Passive
    Expertise with Maces and Two-Handed Maces increased by 1%.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes please. Don't really care if it "forces" a select group of players to race change.
    Subarashii chin chin mono
    Kintama no kami aru

10+ Year Old Account
    Doesnt really make much sense, just because im a goblin or gnome i can suddenly use guns? Even as mage or dk? lul
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    Doesnt really make much sense, just because im a goblin or gnome i can suddenly use guns? Even as mage or dk? lul
    Technomages or Gearmages exist in universe, combining magic and technology. It's not really something unheard of
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

I don't know it kinda seems like rogues using 2h weapons would be kinda silly (especially for sub where swing speed matters) or DK's using ranged weapons wouldn't work at all, or any melee class really.

And before I get 10,000 replies saying "REEEEEEEEEE more customization is always good for my dress-up dollies" you had best not also believe that "it's an rpg and choices should matter" in the covenant debate.
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?

In some ways it'd be cool as a strictly cosmetic implementation to allow transmog your class wouldn't normally have access to.

But I also think it'd royally fuck over certain classes like rogues if it followed regular transmog conventions, as it wouldn't actually open up any new transmog for them, and it would look outright silly if it didn't, as rogues would be stabbing enemies with 2H axes and whatnot every 1.8 sec or less.
    Last edited by Unlimited Power; 2020-11-17 at 08:00 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unlimited Power View Post
    In some ways it'd be cool as a strictly cosmetic implementation to allow transmog your class wouldn't normally have access to.

But I also think it'd royally fuck over certainly classes like rogues if it followed regular transmog conventions and would look outright silly if it didn't, as rogues would be stabbing enemies with 2H axes and whatnot every 1.8 sec or less.
    You wouldn't be able to transmog your daggers into a 2h axe anyway :X

#TEAMGIRAFFE