Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Why does Alt-Draenor have more advanced technology than Azeroth?

It took like two years for the Iron Horde to industrialize. Why arent there train routes between all major cities in Azeroth by now?

Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    It took like two years for the Iron Horde to industrialize.
    Have you read the lore?

10+ Year Old Account
    It's my understanding we didn't get the tech until MoP with those iron stars which Garrosh brought the knowledge of to Draenor. Azeroth as a whole is still stuck in Cata timeline for gameplay reasons

Did... Did you literally forget about the Deeprun Tram connecting Stormwind to Ironforge?

Also, portals are much better and more efficient.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Did... Did you literally forget about the Deeprun Tram connecting Stormwind to Ironforge?

Also, portals are much better and more efficient.
    Considering that the highly industrialized Dwarves, and especially Gnomes, had been allied with SW for much longer than post-MoP Garrosh had ever been in AU Draenor, OP's question is pretty relevant.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Garrosh traveled 35 years to the alternate past.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Considering that the highly industrialized Dwarves, and especially Gnomes, had been allied with SW for much longer than post-MoP Garrosh had ever been in AU Draenor, OP's question is pretty relevant.
    Where do you want to have another train treck to? IF and SW are connected, that's all the capitals in the Eastern Kingdoms. Also no. Dwarves and Gnomes joind the Alliance 9 years after the point in time when Garrosh arrived at AU Draenor. So the Iron Horde had more time to develop their technology (35 vs 26 years).
    And the Horde accuired goblin knowledge relatively recent. Also Zeppelins are better than trains to reach captials located on mountains or other continents.
    Last edited by LordVargK; 2020-11-13 at 01:09 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've truly never understood Blizzards reluctance to continiously update the "old" world. The game would feel so much more alive.
    Subarashii chin chin mono
    Kintama no kami aru

Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    Garrosh traveled 35 years to the alternate past.

- - - Updated - - -

Where do you want to have another train treck to? IF and SW are connected, that's all the capitals in the Eastern Kingdoms. Also no. Dwarves and Gnomes joind the Alliance 9 years after the point in time when Garrosh arrived at AU Draenor. So the Iron Horde had more time to develop their technology (35 vs 26 years).
    And the Horde accuired goblin knowledge relatively recent. Also Zeppelins are better than trains to reach captials located on mountains or other continents.
    Garrosh was only in Alt Draenor for 2 years before their Dark Portal opened. The timeline didnt skip forward the other 33 years until we went back to recruit the Mag'har. Grom's hair went gray.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguinerd View Post
    I've truly never understood Blizzards reluctance to continiously update the "old" world. The game would feel so much more alive.
    I actually liked half of how they handled it in Battle for Azeroth. Darkshore, Arathi, Silithus, Uldum, and Vale of Eternal Blossoms (And Lordaeron I guess) all got updates without basing the entire expansion on Kalimdor and the Eastern Kingdoms. Only wish they would have updated the art in the old versions too; Arathi Highlands looks reeeaaally dated if youre playing through Cataclysm.
    Last edited by Amnaught; 2020-11-13 at 01:36 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blackfuse plans and blueprints for advanced Garrosh tech that got sent back with the guy 35 years to a world/continent that was coincidentally rich in resources that perfectly suited them, an army that was able to interpret and advance them in the two years of prep they had and that was able to take near total control of said continent and covert a mountain into their own personal mega forge and luck I guess (read story contrivance) was why they were more advanced.

As to why Ironforge has not done something like dug another tunnel and tram system leading under Gilneas or something similar, they just haven't.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

It's been my gripe as well, seeing how much technology advanced over the years, but it had almost no impact on the world. Hell, goblins literally had an industrialized society (I would even say almost prohibition era) back in cataclysm, but seem to be mostly ok going back to late medieval living standards, give or take.

Because that would be horribly inefficient use of limited dev resources. Any person working on updating the old world is one not working on making new content.

Because blizzard had to think of a way to make an army of zug-zugers without the fel-blood powerup, strong magic, literal zerg spawning pools or dragons a threat to the now highly (some might say overly) technologically advanced azerothians.
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?

It took like two years for the Iron Horde to industrialize. Why arent there train routes between all major cities in Azeroth by now?
    Because the Iron Horde was the single dominant force on the planet in effect, even the legion bided its time until we weakened them before even genuinely attempting anything against them.

Whereas if you dig on Azeroth like that you'll likely piss off hundreds of druids and shamans, thousands of animals and elementals, release several hosts of wailing spirits and perhaps even disturb the sleep of a dead old god sufficiently to cause it to fart a new hole in the ozone layer.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Because technology in the Warcraft universe makes no sense and exists more to establish a race/faction's visual identity than anything else, it's never a product of a reasonably likely technological progress and the technology is hardly ever used well, else we wouldn't have Draenei with crystal starships that still hit people with swords or allied, neighboring human nations ranging from the late medieval (Lordaeron) to the 19th century (Gilneas).
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

What do you call arathi, darkshore, vale and uldum?

If they focused only on that it would be at the cost of new content. I think this is fine.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2020-11-13 at 06:44 AM.

Did you not see how much of the planet Garrosh had to destroy just to build his army? Plus he had to enslave magical creatures and massive beings just to run/create the forges and shit.

I seem to recall a lack of flying aircraft carriers on AU Draenor. Not much of flying anything. They had one train that didn't even make it out of the zone.

I'm trying to find this tech we are going on about. Aside from hungry cat men and pissed off dinosaurs.

Quote Originally Posted by Baroclinic View Post
    I seem to recall a lack of flying aircraft carriers on AU Draenor. Not much of flying anything. They had one train that didn't even make it out of the zone.

I'm trying to find this tech we are going on about. Aside from hungry cat men and pissed off dinosaurs.
    Right now, take a level 50 character to Draenor and solo Blackrock Foundry. The transmog alone makes it worth it, and it shows you where Azerothian technology *should* be right now. Trains, cannons, metal warships, tons of conveyor belts, a gargantuan forge powered by a bound fire elemental....

10+ Year Old Account
    They have the same things we have....these things called roads? We don't have even a completely interconnected rail system

Quote Originally Posted by loras View Post
    Whereas if you dig on Azeroth like that you'll likely piss off hundreds of druids and shamans, thousands of animals and elementals, release several hosts of wailing spirits and perhaps even disturb the sleep of a dead old god sufficiently to cause it to fart a new hole in the ozone layer.
    an expansion around that would be cool!! oh wait...

(no disrecpect to you though, jus had to give 1 final jab before shadowlands :P)