10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    so the next class is gonna need an intro experience (they learned their lesson with the monk)
    The Monk experience is actually the best out of the bunch because it doesn’t have an intro experience. Your intro is just like every other class. The “hero class” experience is tedious and boring because every single DK and DH you make has to go through that exact same experience again.

Hopefully the next expansion class is just an ordinary class and not a hero class.

night warrior:

3 specs

priestess of the moon:
    basic healing spec
    not so much a focus on HoTs but more so leaving buffs after they heal

warden of the moon:
    uses glaives
    rapid succession of attacks building their intensity close to the original tiger palm mechanic

huntress of the moon:
    uses ranged weapons
    mainly a DoT spec that has an ability to burn the dots for increased damage
    That sounds like a night elf only class.

109 pages with 107 being tinker talk
    so the next class is gonna need an intro experience (they learned their lesson with the monk)

the question is which one sounds better??

the training with wrathion going through the story moments where we ran into his guards from cata to BfA island quests and the essences??
    or
    training by nathanos only to be abandoned after sylvanas bitching out to her new sugar daddy
    or
    harnessing power from the shadowlands to bring spirits in necromantic bodies??
    or
    soldiers of tyrande's new force the "night warriors" since if you dont share the power of the night warrior you eventually go boom

im actually becoming convinced night warrior might be a new class coming

- - - Updated - - -

night warrior:

3 specs

priestess of the moon:
    basic healing spec

warden of the moon:
    uses glaives
    rapid succession of attacks building their intensity close to the original tiger palm mechanic

huntress of the moon:
    uses ranged weapons
    This. I can imagine Night Warrior and Elune powers in general to make a formidable story concept that will add a new class with meaningful lore in the story. It will definitely fit the ongoing arc that expands across the undiscovered WoW universe.

What's sad is that there are 100+ pages in this thread with one or two people arguing how this concept should be replaced with Monk 2.0 featuring midgets and their technology instead. As if storytelling ever needs a "break". If one needs a break from a story, they watch/read something else, they don't ask for the writers to ruin the story for them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Watch the Night Fae story. It shows people from another planet invoking Elune's wrath. If we understand the true nature of Elune this expansion, we might see how she is much more than a Night Elf deity.

That's cool. Like I originally said, it's probably because it's a racial.
    Considering we have racials that summon a big hobgoblin, a racial that summons a camping site, etc, I'd say the 'budget constraints' explanation is more likely.

Except we're talking about gameplay, not lore.
    No, we're talking lore.

Further you have zero evidence from lore countering the evidence from gameplay that the professions are weaker than the classes. If you do have this evidence, please share.
    First: gameplay is not lore. Therefore "evidence from gameplay" is invalid.
    Second: how many times we used bombs and other technological devices to destroy big things like rubbles covering an exit, or cause a cave-in.

Then obviously Black Arrow fits into the Hunter class.
    Wrong. Stop with the bait-and-switch. Black Arrow does not fit the hunter class. A necromancy-based ability concept does not fit a class which its concept revolves around the wilderness.

Since you've already admitted that Black Arrow fits in the Hunter class, I don't see a need to answer your question.
    I have done nothing of the sort. Stop dishonestly putting words in my posts. Now answer the question.

More likely in an expansion dealing with death and having heavy necromancer themes, it makes sense to give the Hunter class a necromantic ability to go along with the thematics.
    It's not necromancy. Taming a undead beast is not necromancy. It's beast. Living or dead, it's still a beast.

The difference is that we have examples of Dark Rangers with tamed undead creatures. Nathanos being such an example with his undead hounds. Taming mechanical animals isn't part of the Tinker class concept, and you never see Mekkatorque, Gazlowe, or Blackfuse with mechanical animals running around.
    And we had pre-Legion examples of demon hunters taming demon beasts, and yet we have nothing about "summoning" or "taming" demons for the playable demon hunter class.

Nah, it's just a mount.
    Which also happens to be a mech. Therefore it shows that all races and all classes can pilot mechs.

And controlling something doesn't require mind-control. Just being able to communicate with an undead beast to the point of being able to tame and control it is an example of necromancy.
    No. No, it's not. Hunters don't need "beastmancy magic" to tame the local bears. The tome likely doesn't teach the hunters any magic, just instructs them in how to tame the undead beast. That's the key word: tame.

Incorrect. We're talking about class abilities and gameplay.
    No, we're talking about lore and concepts. As I pointed out several times: you are the one trying to force-steer this into "in-game class abilities".

"Everyone" cannot pilot a battle mech
    Demonstrably false, considering all the times all the playable have piloted a mech into combat.

The Monk experience is actually the best out of the bunch because it doesn’t have an intro experience. Your intro is just like every other class. The “hero class” experience is tedious and boring because every single DK and DH you make has to go through that exact same experience again.

Hopefully the next expansion class is just an ordinary class and not a hero class.

monks have consistenly been the least played class even though if you ask those who play it monk is pretty fun

the main reason seems to be it has to be leveled from the beginning and its the only new class that isnt a hero class

depending on how the story goes we might have it be
    night elf
    worgen
    possssibly nightborne
    maybe tauren

it all depends on the story

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    This. I can imagine Night Warrior and Elune powers in general to make a formidable story concept that will add a new class with meaningful lore in the story. It will definitely fit the ongoing arc that expands across the undiscovered WoW universe.

What's sad is that there are 100+ pages in this thread with one or two people arguing how this concept should be replaced with Monk 2.0 featuring midgets and their technology instead. As if storytelling ever needs a "break". If one needs a break from a story, they watch/read something else, they don't ask for the writers to ruin the story for them.

- - - Updated - - -

Watch the Night Fae story. It shows people from another planet invoking Elune's wrath. If we understand the true nature of Elune this expansion, we might see how she is much more than a Night Elf deity.
    might be possible its more tied to races with a nature connection so this could be night elf and tauren

So you think we're going to have another expansion revolving around Sylvanas' shenanigans after this one?
    Yes. I fully expect to see more of Sylvannas in a Light Vs. Void expansion alluded to in the three sisters comic. The void considers Sylvannas a threat. I'm sure that is breadcrumb leading to the game's next storyline.

Although I do think Geblin and Gallywix being so prominent in BFA is a seed for Tinkers in the future, I dont see anything leading to a tech themed expansion.

For the person who said we won't see Sylvannas again in an expansion where Garrosh is in Revendreth and Arthas is in the Maw, that's willfully naive
    Last edited by bryroo; 2020-12-28 at 04:18 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Considering we have racials that summon a big hobgoblin, a racial that summons a camping site, etc, I'd say the 'budget constraints' explanation is more likely.
    We’ll just have to agree to disagree.

No, we're talking lore.
    What does lore have to do with a profession tossing a bomb and a class launching a bomb from a mech, or the fact that Hunters eat up the design space of Dark Rangers?

First: gameplay is not lore. Therefore "evidence from gameplay" is invalid.
    Second: how many times we used bombs and other technological devices to destroy big things like rubbles covering an exit, or cause a cave-in.
    Again, we’re talking about gameplay, not your headcanon.

Wrong. Stop with the bait-and-switch. Black Arrow does not fit the hunter class. A necromancy-based ability concept does not fit a class which its concept revolves around the wilderness.
    If Black Arrow doesn’t fit in the Hunter class, why did Blizzard place it in the Hunter class for 8 years, and why does it have a chance of being placed back in the Hunter class?

I have done nothing of the sort. Stop dishonestly putting words in my posts. Now answer the question.
    You admitted that Blizzard could place Black Arrow back into the Hunter class. That means that unlike your silly comparison of Holy magic in the Mage class, Black Arrow will always be tied to the Hunter class as a possible ability.

It's not necromancy. Taming a undead beast is not necromancy. It's beast. Living or dead, it's still a beast.
    Again, if it’s just a beast, then why do non-undead Hunters require a tome from the land of Necromancy to learn how to do it?

And we had pre-Legion examples of demon hunters taming demon beasts, and yet we have nothing about "summoning" or "taming" demons for the playable demon hunter class.
    Yeah, that’s because lorewise Demon Hunters can tame and control demons. The reason the class can’t do it is because gameplay wise that is too much overlap with the existing Warlock class. Conversely, this is also why Warlocks lost metamorphosis.

This is why we don’t bring up lore when we talk about abilities and mechanics about future classes. The lore barely matters.

Which also happens to be a mech.
    Nope, just a mount.

No. No, it's not. Hunters don't need "beastmancy magic" to tame the local bears. The tome likely doesn't teach the hunters any magic, just instructs them in how to tame the undead beast. That's the key word: tame.
    This is complete headcanon. Thanks for sharing.

No, we're talking about lore and concepts. As I pointed out several times: you are the one trying to force-steer this into "in-game class abilities".
    Uh, this discussion didn’t even involve you, it was between me and another poster. You butted into it and started spouting off your headcanon (per usual). So please, stick with the discussion at hand, or take your lore fantasies into the lore forum.

Demonstrably false, considering all the times all the playable have piloted a mech into combat.
    Which is like saying all those quests where we shoot arrows and fire guns make us as good at ranged weapons as Hunters.

Uh, who was talking about real life physics? I was simply saying that a Tinker launches a bomb from a mech and that’s different than someone from the engineering profession tossing a bomb at someone.

Because once again, Racials aren’t meant to be extremely powerful abilities.

Uh, we have the 5 abilities from HotS in the game right now, and from those abilities we can see rather significant differences between the engineering items and the Tinker abilities.

And yes the main difference between various classes are the abilities. Hence why Meta was removed from Warlocks, and why we got no Necromancer or Dark Ranger class in Shadowlands.

And that’s simply semantics. None of those abilities are found in the engineering profession, and Tinkers are a type of engineer.

No, Blizzard operates by the amount of design space a class concept needs. As it currently stands, Shadow Hunter, Warden and Blademaster design space is consumed by the Shaman, Rogue, and Warrior classes respectively.

They would need a lore figure to attach it to for it to work in HotS. I see no such lore figures available.

Life drain and charm are already available in various classes. Robo-Goblin is completely absent from the class lineup.

Controlling undead beasts through taming is necromancy. A non-undead Hunter finds the tome to allow them to do this in Maldraxxus, the birthplace of Necromancy.

That’s pretty hilarious given your obvious posting history.

Here’s the difference; The Tinker concept does not revolve around the use of mechanical animals, it revolves around the use of/piloting a mech. Dark Rangers are Hunters who use Necromancy, which is exactly what a Hunter who can tame the undead is.
    Xplodium Charge
    Cooldown: 12 seconds
    PLACE a bomb that deals 155 damage to enemies within the target area after 1.25 seconds. Enemies hit are also Stunned for 1 second.

How powerful an ability is does not equate to animations. Otherwise, the racial would be called "Rocket Shot" or "Rocket Launch". The description, clearly, points to several Rockets being shot:
    "Launches your belt rocketS at an enemy, dealing fire damage." - S, as in Plural, not singular.
    The reason why it looks so lame has to do with the year of implementation and the amount of resources being devoted for it. That's why Allied Races' racial abilities look better than those of the core races. For example, a Gnome's Escape artist doesn't show them, actually, escaping. A Dwarf's Stoneform is just a paint brush and the Orc's and Troll's Blood Fury/Berserking is just a rehashed Warrior ability animation. I made a thread about it, go have a look:
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ial-Animations

You keep steering the conversation towards game mechanics, instead of lore. No one said they are not different in terms of damage, cooldowns and cast times. You keep ignoring the fact that these abilities are used by NPCs, as part of a group labeled as Engineers. If, to you, an arrow is just an arrow than, a bomb is just a bomb.

"And that’s simply semantics. None of those abilities are found in the engineering profession, and Tinkers Are A Type Of Engineer." finally! Did you see it, guys? Teriz just admitted that a Tinker is a variation of an Engineer. I need to take a picture of it for future arguments. If a Tinker is just a type of Engineer but, deserves its own class than, a Dark Ranger/Priestess of the Moon/Shadow Hunter/Blademaster/Warden deserves one too.

"No, Blizzard operates by the amount of design space a class concept needs. As it stood Demon Hunter design space was consumed by the Warlock, Rogue, and Priest classes, respectively." - and look at us now. They've managed to make it unique enough. I don't think you're giving Blizzard employees enough credit for their ability to be creative.

Marin Noggenfogger. Just like Gazlowe was an Engineer in Warcraft III, used the Sapper model (not the Tinker), and in WoW was nothing more than a quest NPC, Marin Noggenfogger can be the Alchemist Hero. I can't believe you're, actually, pushing aside a concept you are rooting for. What kind of a Tinker megalomaniac are you? At least i had the dignity to give my Dark Ranger/Priestess of the Moon/Sea Witch equal representations, by assigning them, each, to their own spec. I would never be against a Sea Witch character in Heroes of the Storm. I don't think you, actually, want the Alchemist fantasy. It is just there to supplement your Tinker obsession.

The closest thing to Life Drain is the Warlock's Drain Life (and in HotS they are different abilities, associated with different heroes), and the closest thing to Charm is the Priest's Mind Control. None of which are in the Hunter class, as you keep insisting. So, if i'm to, somehow, play a Hunter, a Warlock and a Priest all at once then, you are expected to use a mech mount.

"Controlling mechanical beasts through taming is technological expertise. A non-gnomish/goblin Hunter finds the tome to allow them to do this in Legion, by using Engineering". - no one is expecting a Dark Ranger to control undead beasts. They are expected to raise the skeletons though Black arrow and summon a wave of banshees.

It's not hilarious because i am aware that i'm being cynical. You, actually, believe what you write.

"Here’s the difference; The Dark Ranger concept does not revolve around the use of undead animals, it revolves around the use of undead Skeletons/Banshees. Tinkers are Hunters who use Engineering, which is exactly what a Hunter who can tame mechanicals is." - if the Dark Ranger is a hunter that tames undead beasts than, a Tinker is a Hunter that tames mechanical beasts.

Didn't you say, a couple of pages ago, that it was time to stop and let others express their ideas?

Anyway, I think we've discussed this topic enough. Time to let some other class concepts be discussed. Hopefully some of the energy used to attempt to tear the Tinker concept down gets used for more positive discussion about other possible classes.
    You're not a man of your word, Teriz.

Quote Originally Posted by Imperator4321 View Post
    Just point out how many of those abilities already belong to an existing class, are renamed versions of existing abilities or simply wouldn't work in an MMO context.

Ranger Concept

Life Drain is a warlock ability, Mind Control is a priest ability, Barbed Shot is a Hunter ability (and intergral to beast mastery rotation), Festering Wound is a death knight ability (and core aspect of Unholy DK's damage), Anti Magic Shell is a death knight, Multi-shot is a hunter ability (and a core aspect of marksmanship & beast masery AOE rotation), Vault is a renamed Monk ability (roll) and 35 yards on a dash is absurd (most dashes/mobility is 20-25 at most) 35 yrds puts them out of range of most melee specs can reach and nearly out of range from most ranged, thats absurd kiting, Rapid Fire is a Hunter ability (and a part of marksmanship's rotation), A Murder of Crows is a Hunter talent, Rain of Vengeance is a renamed Volley (a marksmanship talent), Window's kiss is a renamed aimed shot, Grappling Hook is a outlaw rogue ability, Infra-Sight is Spectral Sight on a cooldown.

Possession would also be utterly broken since it would allow the "dark ranger" to convert a warlock summon or Hunter pet to their side which if it was used against a for instance Survival or Beast Mastery Hunter is essentially taking away majority of their damage.

So this spec a is functionally speaking beast mastery with unholy DK's festering wounds mechanic which is also stealing several iconic abilities from other classes with the only thing added being an edgy coat of paint, not only would this require reworking multiple other specs to impliment, it would also be stealing gimmicks abilties from other classes (such as Outlaw Rogues & Demon Hunters).

Priestess of the Moon

Searing Arrows is an ability based weapon enchanted and is essentially flametongue weapon with an AOE component, Starfall is a Druid ability (and a core astral power spender for balance druids), Hunter's Mark is a Hunter ability, Shooting Star is a druid abilty (and one of the ways balance druids generate their astral power).

So this class is stealing gimmicks from Shamans and Hunters while also stealing core abilities from Balance druids (which would require reworking balance since your stealing their AOE resource spender and one of their generators)

Shadow Hunter Concept

Healing Wave is a shaman ability (and the efficient heal for restoration shamans), Hex is the shamans (and their long duration cc), Serpent Ward has the same functionally as a totem (same with every other "ward" ability you listed), Big Bad Voodoo is utterly absurd and would never be implimented since it's an AOE immunity and would allow for absurd ways to bypass raid & dungeon mechanics, Haunt is an Affliction Warlock Talent.

Probably the most "original" of the bunch but would still require stealing several shaman abilities and their main gimmick (totems).

Blademaster Concept

Wind Walk is a renamed Shadowstep, Mirror Image is a mage ability, Bladestorm is a warrior ability, Agility is a renamed Double Jump (demon hunter passive), shuriken is shuriken storm, wtf is Dragonblade a instant kill ability are you serious?

So you've essentially taken rogue, warrior and demon hunter and mashed them together.

Warden Concept

Fan of Knives is a rogue ability, Blink is a mage ability, shadowstrike has the same functionality as poisoned knife (assassination ability) with crippling and deadly poison active, Blade Dance is a Demon Hunter ability (core AOE rotation ability for Havoc)

would require removing several abilities from Mages and Rogues and removing a core ability from Havoc.

Look some classes might have similar abilities but even when Blizzard impliments similar broad idea they give them nuances to make them distrinct.

Rogues, Monks and Demon Hunters might all be agile melee classes but theres nuances to distinguish them for instance Roll and Fel Rush and low cooldown dashes but Fel Rush deals damage, only moves the DH forward and gains bonus for fel mastery, Roll is omnidirectional, deals no damage and has a entire talent row that either gives it an additional charge, changes it into a new ability or adds an additional mobility options & snare removal.

Rogues have stealth, blinks and a ton of cc, Monks are hybrid class with dps, tanking and healing, Demon Hunters have double jump, glide, there are the nuances that make them distinct from eachother dispite being similar in broad concept (an agile melee class).

You can't just create what amounts to a copy of already existing class specs mash them together into a amalgam of different already existing classes with other abilities and gimmicks stolen from other classes when that exact spec already exists (like how your dark ranger is functionally a beast mastery hunter with festering wounds from Unholy DK), its utterly superfluous and adds nothing, nor can you 1:1 translate RTS and MOBA abilities into a completely different genre and not expect something to be changed in the translation.
    You keep forgetting that Demon Hunter's Evasion is a Rogue ability, and therefore Demon Hunters got Blur, instead. Immolate is a Warlock ability, so Demon Hunters got Immolation Aura instead. Mana Burn was a Priest ability, so Demon Hunters got Mana Break, instead. Metamorphosis was a Warlock ability, so it was taken out of the Warlock and given to the Demon Hunter. Death Coil was a Warlock ability, so it was moved to the Death Knight and Warlocks got Immortal Coil, instead.

Ranger concept
    Drain Life is a Warlock ability. Life Drain is a Dark Ranger ability:

Drain Life
    Cooldown: 10 / 0.5 seconds
    Drain the life from an enemy over 3 seconds, dealing 132 damage per second and healing Gul'dan for 188 Health per second.

Life Drain
    Heal for 15% of damage dealt by Sylvanas to enemies with 3 stacks of Banshee's Curse. Healing is double against Heroes.

You can name it Charm or Possession, It does not matter. If Sylvanas got it in HotS, and she is a Dark Ranger and not a Priest, than it is a Dark Ranger ability.

Barbed Shot is not part of Rexxar's kit, so it is not integral to the Beastmaster fantasy.

The name of the ability in HotS is actually Festering Wounds, with an S at the end. I took the Death Knight ability, because it sounded the closest. Since Arthas doesn't have it, it's not an integral part of the Death Knight fantasy - until an unholy Death Knight character comes up in HotS (like Shadowlands' Morgraine is guess).

You're right about the Anti-magic Shell. I will erase it. Arthas, already has it in HotS.

Multi-Shot is, also, the ability of Demon Hunters in Diablo III, which closely resemble a Dark Ranger. The Multi-Shot is not a critical ability, though, as it is not integral to the fantasy. I don't care about rotations right now. I'm talking about fantasy. The fantasy of the Marksman should move away from the Archer archetype, and be founded on the Sapper archetype, instead (Junkrat) - Taking the explosives aspect from Survival.

Vault is not a renamed Roll. It is more like Vengeful Retreat. I don't care about the numbers. I just copied them from other sources. Just put an X or a Y, wherever there are numbers.

Rapid Fire was a haste buff, need i remind you. The current iteration should be given to the Ranger, while Hunters get a Haste buff called "Burst Fire".

I picked Murder of Crows because the Diablo Demon Hunter had a Companion ability, summoning a raven. I thought it fits the, overall, Dark atmosphere of a Dark Ranger, as Crows are associated with Death. So, i took the Hunter ability. Again, not a critical ability, just a nice niche one. Could, literally, be called "Companion" and summon just one raven, or be tossed out.

Rain of Vengeance, actually, works differently in HotS:
    "Launch a wave of Shadow Beasts that deals 250 damage and Stuns enemies in the target area for 0.5 seconds. Stores up to 2 charges."

Could be changed to this. I thought the Volley ability, that Diablo III has fits the Ranger more than it does what Marksmanship supposed to be: An explosive-maniac like the Sapper.

I know. It should be taken out of the Hunter and be given to the Ranger. I, purposely took it out of the Hunter because that's the description Window's Kiss has in Overwatch: an aimed shot. Other than that, the Overwatch character is just a supplement, because i found it similar.

Grappling Hook wasn't even in the Rogue before Legion. Again, not crucial but, a fitting ability.

I took the Spectral Sight description because it operates, similarly, to an Infra-Sight. The reason i gave it to the Dark Ranger is because Infra-Sight gives Windowmaker red spider eyes. And, if Dark Rangers have Red Eyes (Infra-red) - then, i find it fitting.

I don't care about balance at this point. It is in concept stages at this moment, not playable state. Possession could be a short-timed ability, with a long cooldown. I made it mind control pets to separate it from Mind Control. I don't give a damn if it doesn't do this, exactly.

At the end of the day, Demonology Warlocks had to be redesigned to allow a Demon Hunter to be added. Blizzard, completely, revamped Outlaw Rogues (Combat to Pirate), Shadow Priests (less dot-based, more Old-God Void) and Survival Hunters (Melee, not Ranged) come Legion. They did it again with Shadowlands (class identity, instead of spec identity of Legion). If you don't believe Blizzard can re-design specs and classes, than you fall to the same narrow mindness of Teriz (if you aren't Teriz yourself).

Priestess of the Moon

What does flametongue weapon has to do with anything? you think classes don't have similar abilities? for example:

Flash of Light
    Level 5 paladin ability
    40 yd range
    18% of base mana
    1.5 sec cast
    A quick but expensive spell, healing a friendly target for (450% of spell power)

Flash Heal
    Level 10 Holy priest ability
    40 yd range
    2.8% of base mana
    1.5 sec cast
    A fast but expensive spell that heals an ally for (475% of spell power).

So, Priests and Paladins shouldn't be separate classes because they overlap too much.

Starfall was a Priestess of the Moon ability before it was a Druid ability. Druids can do without it. Count on Blizzard they will find a solution, like they do with every hotfix/revamp. By the way, Malfurion doesn't have it as a Druid. He has Moonfire, Celestial Alignment, Hindering Moonfire, Nature's Balance, Moonlit Harmony, Astral Communion and Lunar Shower. So, it's not integral to the fantasy of a Druid - until a Balance Druid would be added to HotS (Like Celestine of the Harvest).

Hunter's Mark was removed for the whole duration of Warlords of Draenor expansion. They did just fine without it. Hunter's Mark is Tyrande's ability, so it fits the Priestess more than the Hunter (who should be Beastmaster, Sapper and Headhunter).

The falling star aspect of shooting stars was only added in Legion. before it, it just added a charge to starfall and starsurge. and the ability of Tyrande is Shooting Star (singular). I took the Druid ability because it sounded the closest. and since no major druid lore characters have it, it is not crucial to the Druid.

It never stole anything from the Shaman. Searing Arrows is closer to Exotic Munitions than Flametongue Weapon. The only classes it treads upon are the Hunter and Druid. Just like Demon Hunter treaded upon the Rogue, Priest Warlock with Evasion, Immolation, Mana Burn and Metamorphosis and Death knights on Warlocks with Death Coil. and they ended up finding a solution, didn't they? Trust Blizzard to take care of that.

Shadow Hunter Concept

Healing Wave was a Shadow Hunter ability before it was a Shaman ability. and the description is "A wave of healing energy" (like Healing Surge), instead of water (like Riptide and Healing Rain). You ever wondered why Chain Heal had a unique appearance in contrast with the other Shaman healing abilities (Hint: the Shadow Hunter ability behaved like it. and the Shadow Hunter draws its powers from Spirits, not Water.)

Hex was only added in Wrath. It is a nature ability, while Voodoo is supposed to be Shadow. And frankly, it doesn't match any of the specializations' fantasies.

It doesn't matter. Wards and Totems are like Pets and Minions. similar functionality, different names.

Big Bad Voodoo's balancing and tweaking is of no concern of mine. If Blizzard wants to add a different version, then by all means, they are welcome to do it. One example is for it to be a PvP talent, and not a PVE ability.

Haunt was only added in Wrath. The thing is Witch Doctors are described in lore as such:
    "Witch doctors are semi-playable as troll priests (with shadowy magic, ritualistic chants and spiritual guidance), shamans (with wards being replaced by totems), and warlocks (with curses, soul harvesting, haunt). Since they are all over the place, they are not, properly, represented.

Glad you thought it was original. It's not mine, it's Blizzard's. I never came up with these classes. You go tell them that their ideas are not original. It's not a lot of abilities: Hex (1), Healing Wave (2), Wards would not replace Totems. Since Rehgar employs them in HotS, they should be kept in the Shaman.

Blademaster concept

Wind Walk is described in HotS and Warcraft III as a temporary stealth. I could change it. And it has been an integral part of the Blademaster, not the Rogue.

Mirror Image was first a Blademaster ability. It was only added in Wrath. Mechagnomes can, already, Mirror Image with their Hyper Organic Light Originator racial. I don't see you crying about it. Storm, Earth and Fire ventures, dangerously, close to being similar to Mirror Image. Where's the outcry?

The thing about Agility is that in Overwatch its a double jump, but in HotS its a movement ability. I decided to combine them both. I don't see a problem with a Samurai being able to double jump.

Shuriken is very japanese, so i took the liberty of taking it out of the Rogue and putting it in the Blademaster. and before you point out that the Subtlety is a Ninja - it could be based on Valeera, for example, who doesn't have Shuriken.

No. Dragonblade allows you to use Execution abilities before the 20% Health requirement. It doesn't mean it, outright, kills them. Perhaps, i haven't been clear enough. Execution abilities in game, like Shadow Word: Death, Kill Shot, Execute or Hammer of Wrath didn't always kill the target (unless they were close enough to dying), they just dealt a larger amount of damage. That is the idea.

I didn't take anything. Blizzard came up with the Blademaster hero, not me. The fact that its bladestorm ability is in the Warrior, Mirror Image is in the Mage, agility and Stealthiness are shared with the Rogue and Demon Hunter is not my fault. It didn't stop the Demon Hunter from being added, though, did it? although its agile nature resembled that of a Rogue and its Fel usage ventured, closely, to the domain of the Warlock.

Warden Concept

Fan of Knives was a Warden ability before it was a Rogue ability. it was, only, added in Wrath. The fact that Maiev has it, and not Valeera, for example, tells me it belongs more to the Warden.

Blink was a Warden ability before it was a Mage ability. The Mage's blink is, similar, to a Diablo III Wizard Teleport ability. Therefore, it could be renamed. The Blink ability of Wardens is said to be a power from Elune.

I know Poisoned Knife has the same functionality. It was only added in Legion. Wardens had it since their inception. It, could, be taken out of the Rogue's repertoire and be given to the Warden.

I'm not familiar enough with Blade Dance to comment much about it. It is a talent of Maiev, in HotS. whether it is critical, or not, remains to be seen.

Would require removing one ability from the Mage (which, can be replaced with a Wizard's Teleport), and 2 abilities from the Rogue. Hardly, a complete makeover. Can't say much about Blade Dance but, i believe it is sortable.

Look. I'm not a Blizzard developer. You can't expect me to be on point 100%. I just took existing abilities from Warcraft III, HotS, Diablo III and Overwatch and put them here. Of course Blizzard would change them, accordingly, if they were ever to be added. You're expecting an MMO-Champion user to be on the level of a Blizzard game developer. I'm not. I do not work for them. I can only try and do my best to simulate it.

If Demon Hunters weren't in the game, I would have suggested them having Evasion, Immolate and Mana Burn, even though they were part of existing classes. Blizzard was smart enough to transform them to Blur, Immolation Aura and Mana Break, instead - even though they operate the same. Blur and Evasion both give you Dodge, Mana Burn and Mana Break both destroy the Caster's mana and inflict damage, accordingly. Immolate and Immolation Aura are too close in name. Blizzard managed to separate them by removing Mana Burn, giving Demon Hunter's dodge ability a different name and differentiating the Immolation Aura from the Warlock's Immolate by functioning differently, despite sounding very similar. They even had to take the Metamorphosis from the Warlock and give it to the Demon Hunter, which required them to rework the entire Demonology spec. You can expect them to do the same with my ideas.

Demon Hunters ventured, dangerously, close to Warlocks and Rogues. That's why no one believed they would ever be added. Yet, Blizzard made them distinct enough to be implemented in game. That's the talent Blizzard has. They can add those nuances, you were talking about, to every class they add. You can't, possibly, dismiss them because i'm not on the level of a Blizzard developer. That would be silly. I just provide the general ideas. In no way do i master the technical parts.

Dark Rangers are not Beast Mastery Hunters. Rexxar is a Beast Mastery Hunter. expect the Beast Mastery spec to work like him. Dark Rangers are more akin to Archers/Rangers with Necromancy and Manipulation.

I do expect to be changed in translation. Saying i do not, or that my concepts are 100% set in ground is false. I just gave the basic framework. No class is added 1:1 from their WC3 or HotS incarnations. changes, always, have been made and, always will. Saying i expect otherwise is stupid.

The difference is that Liandrin was never portrayed in WoW as a Warrior or Priest trainer, she's always been portrayed in WoW as a Paladin. Nathanos on the other hand is portrayed in WoW as a Hunter trainer training new Rangers for Sylvanas.

We should also point out that Undead Hunters can also tame undead beasts. That's pure necromancy right there. Non-undead Hunters have to travel to the Shadowlands and Maldraxxus in order to learn this ability.
    Delas Moonfang:

First, a priest in game:

Then, a Paladin:

The problem is Dark Rangers are not about taming undead beasts. They are about raising undead skeletons or Banshees.

Saying a tome allows us to mimic some kind of necromancy is like saying the tome to tame Mechanical Beasts allows you to mimic some kind of Tinkering.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    I have. The issue is that everything we’ve seen her do is abilities from other classes all mashed together, and I don’t see that as a seed for a future class. If anything, it would be an interesting choice for a third DH spec. However, even that is unlikely.

- - - Updated - - -

monks have consistenly been the least played class even though if you ask those who play it monk is pretty fun
    Well that’s for a host of reasons. None of it has to do with their class intro.

the main reason seems to be it has to be leveled from the beginning and its the only new class that isnt a hero class
    Which isn’t a problem anymore due to level boosts and the level cap being reduced.

depending on how the story goes we might have it be
    night elf
    worgen
    possssibly nightborne
    maybe tauren

it all depends on the story
    It all depends on what this class can do. Again, I see nothing out of the Night Warrior concept outside of a super saiyan version of the Hunter class.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bryroo View Post
    Yes. I fully expect to see more of Sylvannas in a Light Vs. Void expansion alluded to in the three sisters comic. The void considers Sylvannas a threat. I'm sure that is breadcrumb leading to the game's next storyline.
    Yeah, I don’t see a light vs void expansion happening for a very long time. Maybe in another 15 years or so, Sylvanas’ stank will be gone and we can stomach her coming back one more time. However, I don’t see her being around for a loooong time after this expansion is over.

I have. The issue is that everything we’ve seen her do is abilities from other classes all mashed together, and I don’t see that as a seed for a future class. If anything, it would be an interesting choice for a third DH spec. However, even that is unlikely.

- - - Updated - - -

Well that’s for a host of reasons. None of it has to do with their class intro.

Which isn’t a problem anymore due to level boosts and the level cap being reduced.

It all depends on what this class can do. Again, I see nothing out of the Night Warrior concept outside of a super saiyan version of the Hunter class.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, I don’t see a light vs void expansion happening for a very long time. Maybe in another 15 years or so, Sylvanas’ stank will be gone and we can stomach her coming back one more time. However, I don’t see her being around for a loooong time after this expansion is over.
    thats your opinion about your idea of what the class can be or do

just like the concept is my opinion

because all we ahve are opinions and speculations

as for the monk thing...people just dont wanna bang out $60 for boosting a class
    blizzard did nerf the daily exp boost they got recently and we saw a big surge of players being monks recently but you cant ignore that they did not get the same treatment as the other classes in terms of being able to be rerolled and go into the new content almost immediately and instead had to do the grind from 1-90 then 1-100 then 1-110 and 1-120 with the only saving grace being 1h exp bonus daily. The monk also wasnt OP when it came in and except for the tank spec hasnt been extremely powerful in most content until recently but once next tier comes out most dps monks will reroll due to the scaling issues that the class has. By class intro i meant being just another player with no extra stuff and being level 1. Will blizz keep new classes starting at 10?? doubtful but possible now.

Another class that shares ranged weapons with Hunters since a single class is cornering 3 entire weapon types.

I don't think Dark Ranger is the correct choice for that. I think Tinker makes the best connection to Guns and Crossbows, Hunters can keep bows as the iconic weapon for a ranger of the wilds.

I think Hunter in general is trying to cover a lot of different fantasies for what a Hunter is. They have talents that remove the pets, spells that use arcane magic, nature damage, tech and explosives etc.

Keep Hunter fantasy being the rugged wilderness man with animals and nature magic. All the explosives, technology-inclined traps, barrage can go to Tinker (with obvious replacements for Hunter). Now the Hunter fantasy exists as the one-with-nature class alongside Druid with abilities like poison, camouflage, snake traps and animal companions.

Tinkers on the other hand become what a Goblin and Gnome Hunter would be. No nature inclination whatsoever, just commandos with big guns and grenades strapped across their chest. Explosives, walkie-talkies that call down air strike bombardments, the crazy front lines gunner that mows down enemies so their allies advance forward.

How they fight is entirely different. The hunter waits, stalks her prey. The Tinker jumps in shouting "SAY HELLO TO MY LIL FRIEND!!" and mows down enemies while chucking incendiary grenades with crazed laughter. They can have a talent that makes them explode on death like goblin sappers, a talent that puts them in a big mech for a cooldown.

Warhammer 40k Orks basically.
    Last edited by Al Gorefiend; 2020-12-28 at 04:56 PM.

You're welcome to your opinion but I don't see any evidence that show sylvannas going away.

If anything all of the latest plot developments only make her more important to the story. She now has plotlines with the Jailer, Helya, Nathanos, her sisters, anduin, genn and possibly Arthas and garrosh's souls

I could also arbitrarily say tinkers won't be a thing for 15 years but I'd atleast attempt to back it up with some kind of reasoning

Reasons for DR as next class:
    -Tied to main character from main storyline
    -fits thematically as an event of the void ina light vs void expansion
    -represented in game for years with unique visuals and attacks
    -overdue for a new mail/ranged weapon class

Against:
    -more elves
    -overlap with Hunters
    -Horde based

You're welcome to your opinion but I don't see any evidence that show sylvannas going away.

If anything all of the latest plot developments only make her more important to the story. She now has plotlines with the Jailer, Helya, Nathanos, her sisters, anduin, genn and possibly Arthas and garrosh's souls

I could also arbitrarily say tinkers won't be a thing for 15 years but I'd atleast attempt to back it up with some kind of reasoning

Reasons for DR as next class:
    -Tied to main character from main storyline
    -fits thematically as an event of the void ina light vs void expansion
    -represented in game for years with unique visuals and attacks
    -overdue for a new mail/ranged weapon class

Against:
    -more elves
    -overlap with Hunters
    -Horde based
    they also changed shadow priest to be more void centric leaving shadow magic as the only one left without a representative in the player fantasy

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unbelievable View Post
    Xplodium Charge
    Cooldown: 12 seconds
    PLACE a bomb that deals 155 damage to enemies within the target area after 1.25 seconds. Enemies hit are also Stunned for 1 second.
    Yeah, the HotS ability says the same thing. Here's what it looks like;

Notice the bomb launching from the back of the mech?

How powerful an ability is does not equate to animations. Otherwise, the racial would be called "Rocket Shot" or "Rocket Launch".
    I never said it did. I merely pointed out that it's one rocket, not a "barrage". If you want to assign some meaning beyond what the ability actually does, that's your business. All that matters for the player is what happens when you press the button, and when they press the button, one rocket shoots out.

You keep steering the conversation towards game mechanics, instead of lore. No one said they are not different in terms of damage, cooldowns and cast times. You keep ignoring the fact that these abilities are used by NPCs, as part of a group labeled as Engineers. If, to you, an arrow is just an arrow than, a bomb is just a bomb.
    Yes because you're not applying lore, you're applying head canon. In other words you're adding your opinion of what lore is to something that has no lore around it. Thus, there's no point in debating about it. What we can debate about is what's actually in the game currently, not what you think is the lore behind what you're seeing in the game.

It doesn't matter if those NPCs are called "engineers", all that matters is what they're doing, and what they're doing is using the HotS Tinker abilities. Further, given Blizzard's history of dropping future class hints in the game long before they actually introduce the class, there's a good chance that those abilities are simply another example of a clue to a future Tinker class.

"And that’s simply semantics. None of those abilities are found in the engineering profession, and Tinkers Are A Type Of Engineer." finally! Did you see it, guys? Teriz just admitted that a Tinker is a variation of an Engineer. I need to take a picture of it for future arguments. If a Tinker is just a type of Engineer but, deserves its own class than, a Dark Ranger/Priestess of the Moon/Shadow Hunter/Blademaster/Warden deserves one too.
    You do understand that the profession is not a class correct? Thus there is design space for a technology class in WoW. Dark Rangers, PotM, and various other concepts you mentioned above are either fully or partially consumed by existing classes. The Tinker concept doesn't exist in either the profession or the class lineup.

"No, Blizzard operates by the amount of design space a class concept needs. As it stood Demon Hunter design space was consumed by the Warlock, Rogue, and Priest classes, respectively." - and look at us now. They've managed to make it unique enough. I don't think you're giving Blizzard employees enough credit for their ability to be creative.
    Yeah, 2 specs with the majority of the concept revolving around Metamorphosis. You do realize that part of the reason the Tinker concept tends to roll over Necromancer and the Dark Ranger is because people don't want a repeat of the DH class, where a "new" class had to take major concepts from an existing class just to function.

Marin Noggenfogger. Just like Gazlowe was an Engineer in Warcraft III, used the Sapper model (not the Tinker), and in WoW was nothing more than a quest NPC, Marin Noggenfogger can be the Alchemist Hero. I can't believe you're, actually, pushing aside a concept you are rooting for. What kind of a Tinker megalomaniac are you? At least i had the dignity to give my Dark Ranger/Priestess of the Moon/Sea Witch equal representations, by assigning them, each, to their own spec. I would never be against a Sea Witch character in Heroes of the Storm. I don't think you, actually, want the Alchemist fantasy. It is just there to supplement your Tinker obsession.
    Noggenfogger was piloting a mech in Gagdetzhan during the legion invasion and had the exact same abilities as Gazlowe in his mech.

The closest thing to Life Drain is the Warlock's Drain Life (and in HotS they are different abilities, associated with different heroes), and the closest thing to Charm is the Priest's Mind Control. None of which are in the Hunter class, as you keep insisting. So, if i'm to, somehow, play a Hunter, a Warlock and a Priest all at once then, you are expected to use a mech mount.
    Death Knights have a version of life drain as well via Lifedrinker, and that fits into their blood concept. Shadow Priests also have a version of it via Vampiric touch. Now, please explain how you intend to give this ability to a bow class which already should have multiple ways to attack a target from range.

"Controlling mechanical beasts through taming is technological expertise. A non-gnomish/goblin Hunter finds the tome to allow them to do this in Legion, by using Engineering". - no one is expecting a Dark Ranger to control undead beasts. They are expected to raise the skeletons though Black arrow and summon a wave of banshees.
    Nathanos controls two undead hounds. He is a dark ranger.

"Here’s the difference; The Dark Ranger concept does not revolve around the use of undead animals, it revolves around the use of undead Skeletons/Banshees. Tinkers are Hunters who use Engineering, which is exactly what a Hunter who can tame mechanicals is." - if the Dark Ranger is a hunter that tames undead beasts than, a Tinker is a Hunter that tames mechanical beasts.
    Based on what exactly? Neither the WC3 or HotS Tinker concept has anything to do with controlling mechanical animals.

Didn't you say, a couple of pages ago, that it was time to stop and let others express their ideas?
    I'm merely responding to your posts which are addressed towards me.

- - - Updated - - -

as for the monk thing...people just dont wanna bang out $60 for boosting a class
    You get a free level boost with expansion purchase. It's been that way since WoD.

- - - Updated - - -

The evidence being that each expansion tends to be almost completely different thematically from the themes of the previous expansion.

Which will more than likely be resolved by the end of this expansion.

- - - Updated - - -

they also changed shadow priest to be more void centric leaving shadow magic as the only one left without a representative in the player fantasy
    Warlocks say hello.

Here's the description of Affliction;

A master of shadow magic who specializes in drains and damage-over-time spells. Preferred Weapon: Staff, Wand, Dagger, Sword
    https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ga...ock/affliction

It should also be said that Void magic is merely another form of Shadow Magic.
    Last edited by Teriz; 2020-12-28 at 07:50 PM.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Draenei could be Tinkerers. If claw packs were a thing Blizzard would just snatch the design used by the Protoss in LotV for the Draenei packs (Krassus? whatever his name is). Their tech is already protoss tech anyway.

That being said and in line with the OP question: What I want would 100% never ever happen- Prestige classes or evolutions of existing classes. Archmages, Farseers, etc.

I like the idea of class skins as a sort of consolation prize though, would still not be great but I'd take it. Even if it stayed within the fantasy of the class (So no Warlocks as necromancers) but just let you spice up the class a bit. Like a Night Elf priest abilities having a more Elune flavor to them (Similar to how Blood Elf paladins used to have some red tinges to their abilities IIRC compared to alliance pallies. Or hell- the various race specific Shaman totems and druid forms)
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never....BURN IT"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    You are kinda joe Roganing this topic. Hardly have any actual knowledge other than what people have told you, and jumping into a discussion with people who have direct experience with it. Don't be Joe Rogan.

Yeah, the HotS ability says the same thing. Here's what it looks like;

Notice the bomb launching from the back of the mech?

I never said it did. I merely pointed out that it's one rocket, not a "barrage". If you want to assign some meaning beyond what the ability actually does, that's your business. All that matters for the player is what happens when you press the button, and when they press the button, one rocket shoots out.

Yes because you're not applying lore, you're applying head canon. In other words you're adding your opinion of what lore is to something that has no lore around it. Thus, there's no point in debating about it. What we can debate about is what's actually in the game currently, not what you think is the lore behind what you're seeing in the game.

It doesn't matter if those NPCs are called "engineers", all that matters is what they're doing, and what they're doing is using the HotS Tinker abilities. Further, given Blizzard's history of dropping future class hints in the game long before they actually introduce the class, there's a good chance that those abilities are simply another example of a clue to a future Tinker class.

You do understand that the profession is not a class correct? Thus there is design space for a technology class in WoW. Dark Rangers, PotM, and various other concepts you mentioned above are either fully or partially consumed by existing classes. The Tinker concept doesn't exist in either the profession or the class lineup.

Yeah, 2 specs with the majority of the concept revolving around Metamorphosis. You do realize that part of the reason the Tinker concept tends to roll over Necromancer and the Dark Ranger is because people don't want a repeat of the DH class, where a "new" class had to take major concepts from an existing class just to function.

Noggenfogger was piloting a mech in Gagdetzhan during the legion invasion and had the exact same abilities as Gazlowe in his mech.

Death Knights have a version of life drain as well via Lifedrinker, and that fits into their blood concept. Shadow Priests also have a version of it via Vampiric touch. Now, please explain how you intend to give this ability to a bow class which already should have multiple ways to attack a target from range.

Nathanos controls two undead hounds. He is a dark ranger.

Based on what exactly? Neither the WC3 or HotS Tinker concept has anything to do with controlling mechanical animals.

I'm merely responding to your posts which are addressed towards me.

- - - Updated - - -

You get a free level boost with expansion purchase. It's been that way since WoD.

- - - Updated - - -

The evidence being that each expansion tends to be almost completely different thematically from the themes of the previous expansion.

Which will more than likely be resolved by the end of this expansion.

- - - Updated - - -

Warlocks say hello.

Here's the description of Affliction;

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ga...ock/affliction

It should also be said that Void magic is merely another form of Shadow Magic.
    Void and shadow are different cosmic forces

Warlocks are aligned with the fel force
    Priests have begun to be classified as void magic which is aligned with the void cosmic force
    The light
    Nature
    Arcane
    Fire
    Frost
    Undeath
    The fel
    Now the void

They are all becoming represented and right now we just have
    Shadow and death that need representation

How blizz does this will be interesting probably and a class that covers these will be introduced eventually

- - - Updated - - -

the question is which one sounds better??

the training with wrathion going through the story moments where we ran into his guards from cata to BfA island quests and the essences??
    or
    training by nathanos only to be abandoned after sylvanas bitching out to her new sugar daddy
    or
    harnessing power from the shadowlands to bring spirits in necromantic bodies??
    or
    soldiers of tyrande's new force the "night warriors" since if you dont share the power of the night warrior you eventually go boom

im actually becoming convinced night warrior might be a new class coming

- - - Updated - - -

night warrior:

3 specs

priestess of the moon:
    basic healing spec

warden of the moon:
    uses glaives

huntress of the moon:
    uses ranged weapons
    The raid boss in Tomb brings up pretty interesting implications for an Elune class

They had glaives and were just a fun look into a possible class

I would love a dragon knight class like the guards of wrathion getting empowered and gaining power of the dragons and personally as soon as that class hits if it wears mail im moggin the island expedition dragon rider armor

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by razorpax View Post

Priests have begun to be classified as void magic which is aligned with the void cosmic force
    The light
    Nature
    Arcane
    Fire
    Frost
    Undeath
    The fel
    Now the void

They are all becoming represented and right now we just have
    Shadow and death that need representation

How blizz does this will be interesting probably and a class that covers these will be introduced eventually
    This is a lore argument. The problem is that based on gameplay there is no difference. The only way you can justify another shadow-based caster or melee class is to provide some overt gameplay difference between them, because they all play rather similarly as it is, and they’ve covered pretty much every aspect of shadow among the existing classes. As it stands, you can call it whatever you want, but if it’s purple, dark blue, and/or black and it’s doing shadow damage, to the player it’s all shadow magic.

This is a lore argument. The problem is that based on gameplay there is no difference. The only way you can justify another shadow-based caster or melee class is to provide some overt gameplay difference between them, because they all play rather similarly as it is, and they’ve covered pretty much every aspect of shadow among the existing classes. As it stands, you can call it whatever you want, but if it’s purple, dark blue, and/or black and it’s doing shadow damage, to the player it’s all shadow magic.

Not getting into a lore vs gameplay argument with you

Druids and shamans use nature damage but thematically still different

Until blizzard makes a comment about it this is all opinion vs opinion in terms of the likelihood of the class but it’s a fact that those forces are still unrepresented.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not getting into a lore vs gameplay argument with you
    You don't need to, just think about it for a moment; In lore Necromancers and Death Knights exist side by side with no issue. So why do people who advocate for that class immediately try to find ways to avoid extreme overlap between those two classes? LOREWISE there isn't a problem right? A Necromancer isn't the same as a DK in lore. However, in terms of GAMEPLAY there's pretty close to zero difference between the two because gameplay wise they're essentially doing the same thing. Which is why your chances of seeing a necromancer class in WoW is slim to zero.

The same applies to more shadow classes. What makes shadow magic unique is divided between Death knights, Warlocks, Shadow Priests, Rogues, and Demon Hunters. If you want to play as a Shadow-based class, you have plenty of choices.

Until blizzard makes a comment about it this is all opinion vs opinion in terms of the likelihood of the class but it’s a fact that those forces are still unrepresented.
    Elemental vs Nature/Arcane (Astral).

Not the same, and its not an opinion.
    Last edited by Teriz; 2020-12-28 at 11:29 PM.

. As it stands, you can call it whatever you want, but if it’s loud, explosive, and/or smoke and it’s doing unreliable tricks, to the player it’s all engineer.
    so sad we will never see a tinker with that reasoning.
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

The light
    Nature
    Arcane
    Fire
    Frost
    Undeath
    The fel
    Now the void
    Shadow and Void are used interchangably they aren't different forces/magic.

Shadow/Void magic is how the Void/Shadow cosmic force manifests in the physical reality, same way Light manfiests as holy/light magic,Order as Arcane magic, disorder, as fel, death as necromancy, ect

Warlocks use both fel and shadow magic, Affliction warlocks especially utilize shadow magic:

"Warlocks peer into the Void without hesitation, leveraging the chaos they glimpse within to devastating ends in battle" -Legion Class Preview Series: Warlock
    "They exploit powerful Shadow magic to manipulate and degrade the minds and bodies of their enemies." -Legion Class Preview Series: Warlock
    "A master of shadow magic who specializes in drains and damage-over-time spells." - Affliction description

The same applies to more shadow classes. What makes shadow magic unique is divided between Death knights, Warlocks, Shadow Priests, Rogues, and Demon Hunters. If you want to play as a Shadow-based class, you have plenty of choices.

Elemental vs Nature/Arcane (Astral).

Not the same, and its not an opinion.
    Don't think spell schools are an indication of whatever cosmic power is being used.

Fel magic is inconsistently classed as fire, chaos or shadow spell schools depending on the spell, nature school is used for lightning, earth, water and poison/nature spells, arcane is used for lunar & arcane spell.

lorewise Death Knights use necromancy, druids use nature, warlocks use fel & shadow, priests use holy & shadow, paladins use holy, rogues use shadow (subtlety), mages use arcane, demon hunters use fel (and possibly some shadow), monks use nature, shamans use nature,

but you are right in that shadow magic is repesented by primarily subtlety rogues, shadow priests & affliction warlocks with a few abilities from demon hunters & other warlocks.
    Last edited by Imperator4321; 2020-12-29 at 12:16 AM.