10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    All right I'm checking out for tonight. Everything you've been saying tonight has just sounded like satire and I'm not about to keep feeding it. It's clear you're the type of person who never ever reads the fucking lore and bases everything they know off game mechanics. Which leads to the majority of the idiotic comments and suggestions you've made. Also, pull your head out of your ass and stop speaking for everyone. A LOT of people are pissed about the story of shadowlands and have been very vocal about it. A lot of people have even quit because the story is so horrendous. so as usual, you're utterly full of shit.

there can't be "new types" of chromatic dragons. Go read Twilight of the Aspects before making another stupid fucking comment about the lore. Also, Illidan was killed sure but the rest of the demon hunters were imprisoned. Notice you're playing one of the other demon hunters that existed all across TBC but aren't playing Illidan himself. It's clear critical thinking is not your strong suit but before you post another inane comment, try actually THINKING before rambling on your keyboard.

Races can't be classes. It would be like making murloc or ogre a class. If you really can't see how incredibly stupid that is then you're hopeless.
    Everything you typed here can be altered by Blizzard with a swipe of a pen. Like I said, if Blizzard can retcon Black Temple, a Novel, and Warlock lore to bring in Demon Hunters, the stuff you're talking about here is small potatoes if Blizzard wants to bring in such a class (that doubles as a race). Heck, Blizzard gave demonology warlocks the middle finger and forced them to reroll just so Demon Hunters could get metamorphosis in the following expansion. If Blizzard can do that, you're being silly if you think they wouldn't take a giant axe to some lore that people don't even care about anymore.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jellmoo View Post
    They wound up letting every race in the game be Death Knights. Hell, the vast majority of races can be Monks and that doesn't exactly make a ton of sense. I don't see any reason to have massive restrictions on a Tinker class.

And even if it's not all races, it's at least we'd have the ability to satisfy more than the tinniest handful of people.
    Well there's plenty of reasons to have massive restrictions on a Tinker class. However, we've been down that road before, no need to go back down it again. My final word on that would be don't be surprised if Blizzard introduces a Tinker class and it's only 4 races tops.

Sure, it could be another Covenant system. Or a class. There's a ton of ways that they could do it. We may get another round of Covenants next expansion, or never see the mechanic again. Who knows? The question pops up: "Do they want to dole out a tiny bit of juice to everyone, or pop in a whole lot of the good stuff into a select few?" Could go either way.
    Agreed.

Really? The whole Robo-Goblin thing... reduced to a shield ability, and you think this is a representative of the WC3 non-canon unit's ability? What even uses that ability?

You missed the point; There's not going to be Tauren or Troll Tinkers.
    Again: in your biased and repeatedly demonstrated unpopular opinion. You don't know that, if Blizzard ever adds a tech class, they won't allow tauren or troll players to pick that class.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Everything you typed here can be altered by Blizzard with a swipe of a pen. Like I said, if Blizzard can retcon Black Temple, a Novel, and Warlock lore to bring in Demon Hunters, the stuff you're talking about here is small potatoes if Blizzard wants to bring in such a class (that doubles as a race).

- - - Updated - - -

Well there's plenty of reasons to have massive restrictions on a Tinker class. However, we've been down that road before, no need to go back down it again. My final word on that would be don't be surprised if Blizzard introduces a Tinker class and it's only 4 races tops.

Agreed.
    Just shut up. For real. It's like people are arguing with a child. A race doubling as a class is stupid as fuck and I really hope people like you NEVER have a say in whether or not it ever happens. Thankfully, Blizzard typically don't listen to insane ideas like yours. Because if they did, it would legitimately kill the game.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.wowhead.com/spell=276851...goblin-defense

You missed the point; There's not going to be Tauren or Troll Tinkers. Given Jellmoo's argument, Troll, Tauren, Worgen, Humans, etc. lovers are not going to have had a new class to roll in almost a decade.

- - - Updated - - -

Did you read my class concept? That's the idea; You shift into dragon form while fighting, you don't stay in dragon form all the time. It's quite similar to Alexstraza in HotS. You only remain in dragon form permenantly when traveling (flight form).
    Why is it that Blizzard can change everything when it comes to your insane ideas but when someone says the same thing about tinkers, you lose your fucking mind? Stop being a fucking hypocrite.

Did you read my class concept? That's the idea; You shift into dragon form while fighting, you don't stay in dragon form all the time. It's quite similar to Alexstraza in HotS. You only remain in dragon form permenantly when traveling (flight form).
    It's not the mechanic I find unlikely, it's the concept. Whether your a Dragon for only a bit and a humanoid most of the time or not, I just don't see Blizzard ever saying "You get to be a Dragon." In every other aspect of the game it is: You are a member of race X, and a member of class Y. I don't see it changing. No class that they've added broke the mould that much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Really? The whole Robo-Goblin thing... reduced to a shield ability, and you think this is a representative of the WC3 non-canon unit's ability? What even uses that ability?
    Yeah, it's an old talent from HotS. Just saying, the concept Robo-Goblin isn't entirely non-existent in WoW.

Again: in your biased and repeatedly demonstrated unpopular opinion. You don't know that, if Blizzard ever adds a tech class, they won't allow tauren or troll players to pick that class.
    There won't be Troll and Tauren Tinkers, or Night Elf and Worgen Tinkers for that matter.

True dat. I'll try and remember to send you a DM on the day they announce the class. It'll either be a giant "I told you so!" image, or a picture of me eating crow. We'll have to wait and see.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not the mechanic I find unlikely, it's the concept. Whether your a Dragon for only a bit and a humanoid most of the time or not, I just don't see Blizzard ever saying "You get to be a Dragon." In every other aspect of the game it is: You are a member of race X, and a member of class Y. I don't see it changing. No class that they've added broke the mould that much.

To be fair, Death Knights are Undead (a race) and a class.

- - - Updated - - -

True dat. I'll try and remember to send you a DM on the day they announce the class. It'll either be a giant "I told you so!" image, or a picture of me eating crow. We'll have to wait and see.

Right back at you. We should also do Avatar bets as well to make it more impactful.

The lore can change for as something as stupid as making chromatic dragons playable but the lore can't change to make tinkers playable. Hypocrisy at its finest from Teriz.

The thing is that playable Monks don't tie into that. If you rolled a Dwarf Monk, for example, you really don't tie into that story. This is different from both Death Knights and Demon Hunters, where they tied in directly to the narrative going on around them.
    Very true
    Honestly I wonder how MoP would have been if the monk started at 75

To be fair, Death Knights are Undead (a race) and a class.
    It would be more accurate to say that they are a member of race X, who happen to be undead, and their class is Death Knight. The old Death Knight starting zone really hammered that home.

Closest I see them going is the drakonid dragonsworn which personally I’d be ok with simply because I like the Dragonborn race in D&D

Yeah, it's an old talent from HotS. Just saying, the concept Robo-Goblin isn't entirely non-existent in WoW.
    Again: which character uses it. Because if that ability is not attributed to any character, then we cannot consider this ability as "existing".

There won't be Troll and Tauren Tinkers, or Night Elf and Worgen Tinkers for that matter.
    I'll repeat: in your biased and often demonstrably unpopular opinion. Especially since we have night elf and human tinkers, in the lore.

And you have nothing in the lore to state that taurens, trolls, night elves and worgen CANNOT be tinkers.

Again: which character uses it. Because if that ability is not attributed to any character, then we cannot consider this ability as "existing".

I'll repeat: in your biased and often demonstrably unpopular opinion. Especially since we have night elf and human tinkers, in the lore.

And you have nothing in the lore to state that taurens, trolls, night elves and worgen CANNOT be tinkers.
    Remember, if it comes to Tinkers, the lore is static and will never change. But to support other insane ideas, Teriz says Blizzard can change the lore at the drop of a hat

10+ Year Old Account
    It would be more accurate to say that they are a member of race X, who happen to be undead, and their class is Death Knight. The old Death Knight starting zone really hammered that home.
    Nah, they're undead;

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Undead

If we got a Dark Ranger class, that would be another example.

- - - Updated - - -

More than likely Gazlowe since he's inside a mech.

No there isn't.
    Last edited by Teriz; 2021-02-06 at 04:41 AM.

Disagree. The starting zone, regardless of what race you were, has that moment where a member of your race tells you how you're a champion of your race. They really hammer the point home.

If we got a Dark Ranger class, that would be another example.
    Disagree again. It would be the same thing. A member of a race, who becomes undead and a member of such a class.
    Last edited by jellmoo; 2021-02-06 at 04:46 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Disagree. The starting zone, regardless of what race you were, has that moment where a member of your race tells you how you're a champion of your race. They really hammer the point home.
    If I remember that correctly they were telling you that to get you to remember what you were before you were turned. It doesn't change that as a DK you're an undead character, which is why you have a different appearance than normal members of your race.

The same can be said of Demon Hunters. They're part demonic, not really entirely Night Elf or Blood Elf.

Disagree again. It would be the same thing. A member of a race, who becomes undead and a member of such a class.
    That's sort of the point; You can't be a DK if you're not undead. You can't be a Dark Ranger if you're not undead. You can't be a Demon Hunter if you aren't (partially) a demon.

You couldn't be Dragonsworn if you're not a dragon.
    Last edited by Teriz; 2021-02-06 at 04:50 AM.

If I remember that correctly they were telling you that to get you to remember what you were before you were turned. It doesn't change that as a DK you're an undead character, which is why you have a different appearance than normal members of your race.

The same can be said of Demon Hunters. They're part demonic, not really entirely Night Elf or Blood Elf.

That's sort of the point; You can't be a DK if you're not undead. You can't be a Dark Ranger if you're not undead. You can't be a Demon Hunter if you aren't (partially) a demon.

You couldn't be Dragonsworn if you're not a dragon.
    Did you stretch before that reach? Dragonsworn are mortals imbued with a piece of a dragon's power. They're not dragons just like how demon hunters aren't actually demons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Did you stretch before that reach? Dragonsworn are mortals imbued with a piece of a dragon's power. They're not dragons just like how demon hunters aren't actually demons.
    Just using the name to make the discussion go smoother. Relax.

As for Demon Hunters, I said partially demon. Hence why they have horns, claws, and wings.

Just using the name to make the discussion go smoother. Relax.

As for Demon Hunters, I said partially demon. Hence why they have horns, claws, and wings.
    they're more akin to felsworn. Which is a template and not a race in D&D terms. Basically they are still an elf or whatever but they have something tacked on making them more. If you're a dragon, you're just a dragon. Dragonsworn are SPECIFICALLY not dragons and are mortals imbued with the power of a dragon.

10+ Year Old Account
    they're more akin to felsworn. Which is a template and not a race in D&D terms. Basically they are still an elf or whatever but they have something tacked on making them more. If you're a dragon, you're just a dragon. Dragonsworn are SPECIFICALLY not dragons and are mortals imbued with the power of a dragon.
    But they can turn into demons. I'm not aware of Dragonsworn in the TTRPG being able to turn into Dragons.