10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Council View Post
    so people want the WoW version of a D&D Dragonblood sorcerer?
    Pretty much, and that would be a bizarre route to take considering that we have numerous characters like Wrathion, Chromie, Kalecgos, and Kairoz who come from a stronger concept and are actually a part of Warcraft.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    They would need to get searing totem back first, which is unlikely considering Shaman currently.
    So why is that unlikely? Why is it unlikely that the shaman might get back a staple of their original design, i.e., totems.... but it's still likely that the hunters might get back an ability that never really fit their theme and concept, i.e., black arrow?

Yeah, not even close to what I’m talking about.
    It is exactly what you're talking about: the elementals (which used to be summoned by totems) become bigger, different graphics, and new abilities. That is the definition of 'upgrade'.

Which isnt the same problem. The problem with Shaman buffs was that you couldn’t tell who the buff was covering. You can tell when an enemy is out of range of your turrets.
    Totem buffs had a 30-40 yard radius. Most boss rooms don't get bigger than 80 yards diameter. Also, you could tell, very easily, when an enemy was out of range from your searing totem.

Also PvE mobs tend to go after whatever is attacking it, not run away from it.
    So you're saying raid bosses would ignore the tanks moving it and go straight to the DPS? Like in the Kael'Thas fight? Or Sire Denathrius? Or Shriekwing? Or Sludgefist?

Pretty much, and that would be a bizarre route to take considering that we have numerous characters like Wrathion, Chromie, Kalecgos, and Kairoz who come from a stronger concept and are actually a part of Warcraft.
    Why would it be bizarre when the concept of transferred magical power to a mortal is rooted in Warcraft since the Guardians of Tirisfal? That's pretty much what a Dragonsworn would be.

how cute. you are being picky.
    I'm not being picky at all lmao. I play D&D a lot. Dragonblood sorcerer specifically has no link to a dragon. It's just somewhere in your lineage, your ancestors banged a dragon. Dragonsworn in WoW are people who directly interact with a dragon and are granted powers by said dragon. They are COMPLETELY different.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    I'm not being picky at all lmao. I play D&D a lot. Dragonblood sorcerer specifically has no link to a dragon. It's just somewhere in your lineage, your ancestors banged a dragon. Dragonsworn in WoW are people who directly interact with a dragon and are granted powers by said dragon. They are COMPLETELY different.
    Forgotten Realms Lore =/= Warcraft Lore

There's no such thing as banging dragons in Warcraft. Except Jaina and Kalec, but that ain't yielding babies.

Dragonsworn are barely even a thing in Warcraft, there's like two of them. Canonically the Dragons don't even have any power to give as of Cataclysm.

like i said you are picky and i did not fully read what i said.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    Forgotten Realms Lore =/= Warcraft Lore

There's no such thing as banging dragons in Warcraft. Except Jaina and Kalec, but that ain't yielding babies.

Dragonsworn are barely even a thing in Warcraft, there's like two of them. Canonically the Dragons don't even have any power to give as of Cataclysm.
    Dragonblood sorcerer is NOT just forgotten realms lore. It's the same lore in literally every single campaign setting.

And you're 100% wrong. Dragons are still exceptionally powerful but are sterile and the Aspects lost a huge chunk of their power.

- - - Updated - - -

like i said you are picky and i did not fully read what i said.
    I read what you said. You're just wrong in comparing the two.

Dragonblood sorcerer is NOT just forgotten realms lore. It's the same lore in literally every single campaign setting.

And you're 100% wrong. Dragons are still exceptionally powerful but are sterile and the Aspects lost a huge chunk of their power.

- - - Updated - - -

Cite Dragonblood Sorcerors in Warcraft? I am not aware of any Dragon-descended characters in Warcraft. It is way too specific to make sense as a WoW class anyways.

Dragonsworn can still happen without an asspull, lesser Dragons like Chromie seem totally unaffected after all. Also, Dragon Isles is a whole thing still yet to come, who knows.

Practically speaking there's no meaningful difference between 'Dragon-blooded' or 'Dragon-empowered' individuals anyways if the end goal is just to get a bunch of Dragon themed skills. Any difference you think exists is pedantic and useless.

So this mortal race gets the power to grow scales from dragons, and they can shoot those scales at people?

in a game where a warrior generates a magic forcefield and a druid can turn into a whale...im not seeing this as much of a stretch honestly

remember the fantasy aspect of this game with magic and monsters

- - - Updated - - -

you missed what i said.
    i said WoWs version of that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    So why is that unlikely? Why is it unlikely that the shaman might get back a staple of their original design, i.e., totems.... but it's still likely that the hunters might get back an ability that never really fit their theme and concept, i.e., black arrow?
    They still have totems. Blizzard pushed totems out of being buff sticks and switched them over to utility cool downs. I'm talking specifically about Searing Totems, which Shaman haven't had since WoD, and don't seem to be missed much. In the entire history of the spell, you could never upgrade it, never summon more than one, and was rarely utilized as a significant source of DPS. When Blizzard attempted to do this with enhance and their fire elemental, it became a clunky mess.

Hence why it was removed.

It is exactly what you're talking about: the elementals (which used to be summoned by totems) become bigger, different graphics, and new abilities. That is the definition of 'upgrade'.
    No, I'm talking about the regular totems.

Totem buffs had a 30-40 yard radius. Most boss rooms don't get bigger than 80 yards diameter. Also, you could tell, very easily, when an enemy was out of range from your searing totem.
    Really? Windfury and Strength of Earth Totem only had a 20 yd radius;

https://classic.wowhead.com/spell=8512/windfury-totem
    https://classic.wowhead.com/spell=25...of-earth-totem

And I went through many of those totems, and they were all 20yds.

Interestingly Searing Totem only had a 20 yd range as well;
    https://classic.wowhead.com/spell=10438/searing-totem

The WoW version of Rock-it Turret actually has a longer range.

So you're saying raid bosses would ignore the tanks moving it and go straight to the DPS? Like in the Kael'Thas fight? Or Sire Denathrius? Or Shriekwing? Or Sludgefist?
    Where did I say that? I said that mobs tend to attack and destroy what's attacking it and not move out of range of it. I don't know how you got a turret peeling off a mob from a TANK from that.

you missed what i said.
    It's not WoW's version because dragonblood sorcerer literally requires you to have a draconic ancestor. Hence dragonBLOOD. It would be more like if a warlock had a draconic patron.

you missed what i said.
    Aren't Dragonblood sorcerers born with that power? So would WoW's version be too, or do they get that power elsewhere?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    Why would it be bizarre when the concept of transferred magical power to a mortal is rooted in Warcraft since the Guardians of Tirisfal? That's pretty much what a Dragonsworn would be.
    That isn't Dragons doing it though. Again, we actually have examples of Alexstrasza HotS style Dragonsworn in WoW. Why are we wasting time discussing a D&D concept?

That isn't Dragons doing it though. Again, we actually have examples of Alexstrasza HotS style Dragonsworn in WoW. Why are we wasting time discussing a D&D concept?
    I wasn't talking about a D&D concept.

I said the concept of transferred power into a mortal existed with the Guardian of Tirisfal. The transfer of Draconic power into an item happened with the Dragon Soul/Demon Soul. It's not a stretch to apply two and two together to have a mortal with Draconic powers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    in a game where a warrior generates a magic forcefield and a druid can turn into a whale...im not seeing this as much of a stretch honestly
    I never said it was a stretch, I'm just saying it's rather lame. You might as well have the character flick their scales at their enemies.

remember the fantasy aspect of this game with magic and monsters
    I'll reiterate; Why are we looking for a concept outside of WoW when we have a concept within WoW?

Aren't Dragonblood sorcerers born with that power? So would WoW's version be too, or do they get that power elsewhere?
    yes they are born with it.
    i am not sure what WoWs version could be. i am just going off what it sounds like people want. with how the current main dragonflights are, it would probably be easier to make a dragon related class kind of like that.(powers granted by dragonblood than powers granted from dragons)

- - - Updated - - -

It's not WoW's version because dragonblood sorcerer literally requires you to have a draconic ancestor. Hence dragonBLOOD. It would be more like if a warlock had a draconic patron.
    i wasnt comparing anything. you did.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wasn't talking about a D&D concept.

I said the concept of transferred power into a mortal existed with the Guardian of Tirisfal. The transfer of Draconic power into an item happened with the Dragon Soul/Demon Soul. It's not a stretch to apply two and two together to have a mortal with Draconic powers.
    I WAS talking about the D&D concept and you responded to my post so I figured you were as well.

Anyway, the point is that an example of what you describe for dragons doesn't exist in WoW. Alternatively we have an example of a dragon concept that DOES exist in WoW, so it's rather odd that we're ignoring the juicy low-hanging fruit for the completely nonexistent one.

I WAS talking about the D&D concept and you responded to my post so I figured you were as well.

Anyway, the point is that an example of what you describe for dragons doesn't exist in WoW. Alternatively we have an example of a dragon concept that DOES exist in WoW, so it's rather odd that we're ignoring the juicy low-hanging fruit for the completely nonexistent one.
    unless the dragonflights get powered up again. i high doubt we are going to have a dragon related class based on grant mortals dragon powers.

I'm talking specifically about Searing Totems, which Shaman haven't had since WoD, and don't seem to be missed much.
    Hunters don't seem to miss Black Arrow very much, but that doesn't stop you from insisting that it belongs to the hunter and therefore should stay with the hunter. By that logic, that mechanic belongs to the shaman and should stay with the shaman.

In the entire history of the spell, you could never upgrade it, never summon more than one, and was rarely utilized as a significant source of DPS.
    And all of that could happen since the mechanics for that existed and still exist. Just like Blizzard brought the demonology warlock spec back to its roots, then so can Blizzard return the shaman back to its totem roots and give more meaning to their totems.

No, I'm talking about the regular totems.
    And that is an arbitrary difference that is actually rather meaningless, because a totem is a totem, and the mechanic was there. Still is, too.

Really? Windfury and Strength of Earth Totem only had a 20 yd radius;

https://classic.wowhead.com/spell=8512/windfury-totem
    https://classic.wowhead.com/spell=25...of-earth-totem

And I went through many of those totems, and they were all 20yds.

Interestingly Searing Totem only had a 20 yd range as well;
    https://classic.wowhead.com/spell=10438/searing-totem
    The range of buff totems could be increased with this. Also, those links are from vanilla WoW. The range of totems increased over time. Around Cataclysm, all buff totems had a 40-yard range, just like the paladin auras, and searing totem had a 30-yard range.

The WoW version of Rock-it Turret actually has a longer range.
    Probably because it's a NPC ability. It also has only 25-yard range, and only lasts 15 seconds, whereas the original iteration of Searing Totem, that you linked, lasted for almost a whole minute. Kind of goes against your complaint about shamans having to "constantly have to reposition their totems".

Where did I say that? I said that mobs tend to attack and destroy what's attacking it and not move out of range of it. I don't know how you got a turret peeling off a mob from a TANK from that.
    Well, the tank would be moving the boss away from your turret, therefore it's a mob moving out of the range of your turret, not going toward it.