Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    retail, past is stupid

and i was a main tank in vanilla, it was fun at the time but its not today, no qol things, no challenge, boring pvp, etc..

classic is good for peoples who did'nt knew what vanilla was (at some point, because having the gaem at 1.12 is stupid too, peoples who did not did the real vanilla experience did not had it here, wow was great from 1.0 to 1.12 with all his bug, community and no knowledge of the game )

((sorry my english, im french XD)

10+ Year Old Account
    Classic easily, still having a lot of fun in it. Havent really enjoyed retail for a long while. Shadowlands will be the first expansion that i don't buy. Also hoping for classic TBC
    I thought I did, but apparently I don't

If you die you die but if you don't die you still die.

Retail atm. Classic was neat when playing it but it had some glaring issues. Class balance is the worse I've seen with some specs just simply unplayable due to mana issues or mathematical performance being terrible. That and some quest designs, it's not that bad IMO. It's simply the WoW we know now but far far slower in every aspect from the combat to travel and gear progression, leveling, gold farming, etc.

Another key point I give to retail is the actual combat rotation. Can't speak for healers but there isn't a single tank/dps spec I've seen that is not a complete snore relying on auto-attacks or single spell spam.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

If I could buy a lv 60 in classic ide play.

Not because i want to skip the game. Only because the only thing I want to experience, is the raiding.

I have no interest in grinding out in an outdated, slow questing experience. I just want to 'beat' the raids at the level they were intended and then go back to retail.

Same with any further 'classic' releases.

Retail, while flawed, has the perk that by the time i get to or near the 'end', theres 100% new stuff to do.

Retail.. There's just a lot more of everything, from systems to zones, etc.

Retail all the way. We're almost in 2021, i don't want to play as if it were 2004.

I can't stress this barney stinson (himym) quote enough: "New is always better!"

I do have to admit one thing I vastly prefer from classic compared to retail is how gear upgrades were / are so much more meaningful. We get handed epic quality gear with green rarity now. I know it'll never happen but going back to that kind of gear progression would make me happy.

Classic.

The people who treated raids = content kind of ruined it for me though. As well as the power gamers/min-maxers.

Retail, the Live version that's still evolving.
    Yes, I leveled a char to 60 on Classic in prep for TBC.