Thread: Zombie Griefing

Page 15 of 33 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Jesus Christ it's just one week.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Everything Blizzard said painted a different picture. People were under the impression that you could easily opt out of the event. Instead, people are FORCED to take part in an event that pissed players off the last time it happened.
    That's why they severely reduced the scale of it. Guess you were not there in wrath pre-patch, you probably would have alerted all the newspapers about such an injustice.

Just because you got things done at a certain pace doesn't mean everyone plays the game the same way you do. Griefing assholes are literally causing people to lose out on loot from both Nathanos and Icecrown rares. That's absolute garbage game design right there.
    All I'm saying is that you were warned in advanced, you could have made sure that all that stuff is out of the way during the 1st week. It takes 6 hours, and you had a whole week and just did dailies that take less than 1 hr a day. This is easy catch-up gear, which will be replaced within the first few hours of Shadowlands, yet you're making it into such a deal, as if you're being forced to skip a valuable progression part and calling people who participate assholes.

And saying this isn't pvp is 100% incorrect. The zombies aren't NPCs. They under the direct control of players. Which means....*gasp!* It's pvp! Just because you're controlling a different action bar doesn't make it suddenly NOT pvp. And as soon as you are infected, you are immediately flagged for pvp. So saying it isn't pvp is just showing how incredibly ignorant you are to the mechanics of the event.
    How about this - this is not regular WoW PVP? Does that sound better for you? If you get infected just go to an argent NPC and get cured, there is your opt out. After that mount up and fly away. Neither Nathanos nor Icecrown rares require your full participation, tag them once and be on the lookout for zombies and run away from them if you're so scared. The others will kill the mobs in to time and you can get your loot. What is so hard about that?

If you really can't understand why forcing people to partake in pvp just because they entered Stormwind or Orgrimmar is terrible game design and incredibly frustrating then I really don't know what to tell you.
    Having gone through and read every post in this thread just now I don’t know why you keep complaining endlessly and exaggerating the negative effect this short lived event is “ literally “ ( as you keep saying ad nauseum ) having on your game playing experience. You’ve been role playing a drama queen for 15 pages now, I thought that’s what you claim you like to do ?
    And since you keep bringing up the $15 you’re paying monthly for server access that you’re now being robbed of during this short event, I have a solution for you: start a Patreon, I’ll send you $5 ( keep the change ), problem solved.
    OT: the event is not a favourite of mine but I treat it as a minor inconvenience that can be mostly avoided quite easily. I also experienced the original version of this and this is mild in comparison.

TLDR: harden up, snowflake.

You're really going to say people aren't doing anything during this event to grief people. WoW is the same game that people will spawn camp you for hours just because they have a sadistic idea of fun. People absolutely are griefing others with this event simply because they can.
    No, im not. I say suck it up and deal with it. Its not up your alley. Thats fair. You can dislike it. But you should also realize that a lot of other people do enjoy it and did infact wish for this to come back since it happened 10 years ago, because the gameplay was fun for them. And while every detail, every problem you have here and every issue that comes from this will be over in not even a week, allowing you to return to the same daily routine you do every other day in the game, this unique event (which has already been tuned down extremely due to the whining) will be gone, too and NOT just be a thing you can keep doing for years every day. And instead of maning or... womening up, let people enjoy themselves for those barely two weeks in a thing that will never return you spend all your energy whining about that one time you couldnt by a stack of cloth from the auction house because a zombie hit you.
    Last edited by SoundOfGuns; 2020-11-20 at 09:20 AM.
    If you are offended by something i said, im probably at least 45% sorry about it and there is a 3% Chance it was not on purpose!

Blizzard, getting away with murder since at least 2019.

Quote Originally Posted by Grubenwolf View Post
    So these past few days I have been noticing a good number of people in game not very happy with the zombie event and understandably so. People leveling up and having their quest NPCs killed over and over, they themselves are killed over and over due to the zombies being way above their level, and just general griefing throughout the game. There was an argument in general about it and I wanted to chime in but I had too much to say so I thought I'd wait and voice my full opinion about it here.

Now it doesn't really affect me most of the time since all the characters I play are max level but I did have a situation last night where I was doing the Nathanos WQ and there was a small group of zombies just fucking everything up. I ended up dying a bunch of times and when Nathanos was finally killed I didn't get credit for it since I was dead. So I had to wait until he respawned again. It was pretty annoying since I didn't have a whole lot of time to play and I wanted to get some shit done on there before I had to get off. This is when I started to understand why people hated this event. Like, the event itself is a cool idea and can be fun but the problem is that the douchebags of this game take advantage of it and turn it into a griefing event and that's when it stops being fun.

I'm not saying they should never do an event like this ever again because I genuinely think this is one of the best pre launch events (favorite was Legion invasions) but at least do something to lessen the amount of griefing that happens. Like, keep the zombie infection in and around the main city areas only instead of letting people go all the way out there so they can fuck up people's questing experience. That way people who don't want to bother with the event have a way to opt out of it and quest in peace. Have npc zombie invasions of the smaller camps and towns that lower level players can participate in and gain exp from. Maybe then more people would've been more welcoming of this event. The way it is now just feels like Blizzard turned on PVP for all servers and called it an event.
    I LOVE it. It is one week. People will survive onw week of Constant chaos and dead and death.

If it is that hard for you to NOT play seriously for one week or level up a toon... maybe you should take a break from wow. Like... seriously...

If you really can't understand why forcing people to partake in pvp just because they entered Stormwind or Orgrimmar is terrible game design and incredibly frustrating then I really don't know what to tell you.
    It's not bad game design, you are just a snowflake and yell rape at the smallest of things.

Quote Originally Posted by Surfacin9 View Post
    That's why they severely reduced the scale of it. Guess you were not there in wrath pre-patch, you probably would have alerted all the newspapers about such an injustice.

All I'm saying is that you were warned in advanced, you could have made sure that all that stuff is out of the way during the 1st week. It takes 6 hours, and you had a whole week and just did dailies that take less than 1 hr a day. This is easy catch-up gear, which will be replaced within the first few hours of Shadowlands, yet you're making it into such a deal, as if you're being forced to skip a valuable progression part and calling people who participate assholes.

How about this - this is not regular WoW PVP? Does that sound better for you? If you get infected just go to an argent NPC and get cured, there is your opt out. After that mount up and fly away. Neither Nathanos nor Icecrown rares require your full participation, tag them once and be on the lookout for zombies and run away from them if you're so scared. The others will kill the mobs in to time and you can get your loot. What is so hard about that?
    First of all, Blizzard advertised this as being something players could opt out of by not turning on war mode. They never announced that that fact would be changing so not only is the event annoying, Blizzard also lied to the players.

Second of all, you truly do not understand what's going on. Saying "tag them once and be on the look out" is showing me you haven't read everything me and other people have said. It doesn't matter if you tagged Nathanos or the rares. If you get infected, you cannot receive loot from them. So people have been griefing people trying to do Nathanos and Icecrown rares, making it so players do not qualify for loot even if they tagged them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Valerossi View Post
    Having gone through and read every post in this thread just now I don’t know why you keep complaining endlessly and exaggerating the negative effect this short lived event is “ literally “ ( as you keep saying ad nauseum ) having on your game playing experience. You’ve been role playing a drama queen for 15 pages now, I thought that’s what you claim you like to do ?
    And since you keep bringing up the $15 you’re paying monthly for server access that you’re now being robbed of during this short event, I have a solution for you: start a Patreon, I’ll send you $5 ( keep the change ), problem solved.
    OT: the event is not a favourite of mine but I treat it as a minor inconvenience that can be mostly avoided quite easily. I also experienced the original version of this and this is mild in comparison.

TLDR: harden up, snowflake.
    So basically because YOU aren't bothered by the event, therefore everyone else shouldn't be bothered. Ok.

First of all, Blizzard advertised this as being something players could opt out of by not turning on war mode. They never announced that that fact would be changing so not only is the event annoying, Blizzard also lied to the players.

Second of all, you truly do not understand what's going on. Saying "tag them once and be on the look out" is showing me you haven't read everything me and other people have said. It doesn't matter if you tagged Nathanos or the rares. If you get infected, you cannot receive loot from them. So people have been griefing people trying to do Nathanos and Icecrown rares, making it so players do not qualify for loot even if they tagged them.

- - - Updated - - -

So basically because YOU aren't bothered by the event, therefore everyone else shouldn't be bothered. Ok.
    Don't be flagged when killing nathanos. Stop being a bitch.
    Ez

Quote Originally Posted by SoundOfGuns View Post
    No, im not. I say suck it up and deal with it. Its not up your alley. Thats fair. You can dislike it. But you should also realize that a lot of other people do enjoy it and did infact wish for this to come back since it happened 10 years ago, because the gameplay was fun for them. And while every detail, every problem you have here and every issue that comes from this will be over in not even a week, allowing you to return to the same daily routine you do every other day in the game, this unique event (which has already been tuned down extremely due to the whining) will be gone, too and NOT just be a thing you can keep doing for years every day. And instead of maning or... womening up, let people enjoy themselves for those barely two weeks in a thing that will never return you spend all your energy whining about that one time you couldnt by a stack of cloth from the auction house because a zombie hit you.
    Had Blizzard not lied about players being able to opt out by turning off war mode, this thread wouldn't exist. Instead, they're forcing pvp onto players that want nothing to do with pvp. On top of that, people are griefing players around Nathanos/Icecrown rares by tagging them which disqualifies them from receiving loot. They're also swarming quest NPCs which is prevent players from leveling.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arinitty View Post
    Don't be flagged when killing nathanos. Stop being a bitch.
    Ez
    I can't tell if you're purposely not reading everything I say or not. I'll say it AGAIN with the hopes you read it this time. Players have absolutely no choice in being flagged. Once you get hit by a player that's a zombie, you are immediately flagged for pvp and then are disqualified from receiving loot. So you should really stop saying "just don't flag" because all you're doing is showing you have no idea what you're talking about.

Had Blizzard not lied about players being able to opt out by turning off war mode, this thread wouldn't exist. Instead, they're forcing pvp onto players that want nothing to do with pvp. On top of that, people are griefing players around Nathanos/Icecrown rares by tagging them which disqualifies them from receiving loot. They're also swarming quest NPCs which is prevent players from leveling.

- - - Updated - - -

I can't tell if you're purposely not reading everything I say or not. I'll say it AGAIN with the hopes you read it this time. Players have absolutely no choice in being flagged. Once you get hit by a player that's a zombie, you are immediately flagged for pvp and then are disqualified from receiving loot. So you should really stop saying "just don't flag" because all you're doing is showing you have no idea what you're talking about.
    Only in sw/org, you are literally wrong and just moaning. Get over yourself, take a break and sort your life out.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    NO it isn't. That is not the intent of the event. But people abuse itbecuae they get their rocks off to ruining the fun of others. All they had to do was go with their original plans of Warmode only. But they never learned from the first event. They just cannot seem to grasp that having an event that causes people to not login is bad for the game. It's a staggering level of incompetence from the devs.
    whatever you think the intent of that event was.... this is a recycling of the wotlk prepatch at the end of BC and it was the same shit with the zombies. lots of players disliked it too at that time so guess what blizzard intent was with this prepatch..... disgruntled players were "most likely" (I have no source, but I remember, so I guess blizzard remember too) anticipated by blizzard since that's what happened the first time and they did it again anyway

It happens when you enter sw/org thats it. Period. End. Stop.

You either have wm on or keep going to sw/org. Stop fucking doing those two simple things and you cant be flagged. Jesus
    Not quite true. Even with WM off, unflagged for PVP, and outside of a main city, you can still get infected and subsequently flagged if you don't notice it or die before cleansing it. It has happened to me several times at Nathanos (which can also lead to major latency issues when an entire raid is stuck at 1 fps and slowly all turning into zombies). The couple times it happened at Duskwood or Barrens (while doing the quest chain) I was at least able to get the infection cleansed before dying to it and getting flagged.

Only in sw/org, you are literally wrong and just moaning. Get over yourself, take a break and sort your life out.
    Actually, you're the one who is wrong. You get flagged for pvp if you go to ANY major city. This even includes Dalaran. You also immediately get flagged after a player infects you.

Imagine that in a couple of days this will be a no issue and forgotten about. Probably something new to moan about then, BUT atleast it wont be zombies eh?

I've been playing while the event has been up. Killing rares, killing nathanos, leveling alts, bgs and several other activities. The only time the zombies are a part of the game, is when I actively look for them.

Yeah SW-Goldshire is a chaos, but thats over in a few days.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    Nonsense, the chaos and being able to attack everyone is the fun.
    Yes, but this sort of fun should be constrained to happening between those players who enjoy it. No one is arguing that you shouldn't be able to have your fun. We're arguing that your fun should not come at the expense of others' fun.

It's a basic issue of mutual consent.

It's amazing how people who are defending zombie event are repeating same lies again and again:

1) it's only warmode on or in 2 capital cities - it's false. You can be outside SW/Ogr with Warmode OFF and you will be killed or infected. Period.

2) It's only 1 week. - and that's 1 week too much for those who are trying to play game and enjoy other prepatch unique elements. It's not essential but gearing alts, getting some transmogs, bag, etc is contructive. Saying someone can just stop doing it for sake of zombies having fun means you can weight what is good and what is bad. People comlaining about event arent snowflakes. Who is snoflake - person doing something constructive and complaining because mechanic is flawed or someone trying to ruin other person game time and complaining his victims are complaining?

If you say someone can stop play WoW for a week because of event then why don't keep those players out of event with Warmode Off. Because it's same result but without wasting already paid game time and without bad feelings? Isn't obvious for some how flawed their logic is? Pay and don't play/no food for zombies vs play with Warmode Off/no food for zombies. Which one is rational? Not for sociopaths but for normal human being.

It's Covid time. In some countries there is lockdown or they are very close to it. Not too many other things you can do. You can't travel or even you can't visit family living very close to your place. Cinemas, theatres, pubs, libraries are closed. Some people can't work because they were working in non essential businesses. Don't measure other player by your own experience if your situation is better than other player. Some respect and empathy. Those players doing their business aren't forcing you into anything. don't force them too.

There was no information about automatic pvp flagging or about zombies infecting/killing even if you aren't PVP flagged. Contrary. There was information you can opt out buy setting Warmode Off.

Month is minimal period you can pay for. Not a week or a day. So why someone who paid for acces to PVE servers should just stop playing for one week before new expansion? Should such player plan everything in advance so his sub will run week before Shadowlands? Or should Blizz introduce 3 week limited sub for such players?

Solution was and still is simple. Keep players who enjoy totally different playstyles separate for one week. Those who want flood everything with plague and destruction to players who are similarly minded or it doesn't matter for them. Kill all NPCs and human players. Or fight against players who want to be crusaders protecting civilization. If Blizz concentrate you instead of mixing with non participants on many servers and without watering whole thing it could be epic carnage. Add some NPC as refugees, guards, militias etc. It could be even an invasion style. Killing player who don't do anything to defend himself isn't better than killing NPC. If you fell other way and you enjoy killing defensles or not willing to defend themselves players more than killing NPCs then please contact your doctor and seek advice about your mental health. And on the other side leave those who prefer utterly different part of pre Shadowlands event to their own. Everyone can do what they prefer without unnecessary friction. Whatever rocks your boat but without forcing someone to be your "toy".

Quote Originally Posted by Surfacin9 View Post
    The overwhelming majority hated it back then, too. Even so much Blizzard ended it early and gave everyone 3 free days as compensition.

Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    1. The griefing is a feature, not a bug.
    2. The event is over in 4 days, so I don't really understand the big deal.

So will you pay me these 4 days ? Game disruption in ANY way is a big deal.
    How did he die ?

His death was caused by pneumonia induced by daggers to the chest.Repeatedly.

Quote Originally Posted by Yriel View Post
    The overwhelming majority hated it back then, too. Even so much Blizzard ended it early and gave everyone 3 free days as compensition.
    Yes, because it was completely unplayable. Right now is nothing in comparison to what it was.

- - - Updated - - -

Then you clearly didn't understand what I wrote. Tag and be on the lookout for zombies. You CAN prevent being infected if you stay away from them. Even if you can't, except for the bag, no rare drops anything important. The currency allows you to buy every armor piece except jewelry that is just 10 ilvls lower than rare drops. If gear is what matters to you - buy from commendations that are easily farmed with dailies. Nathanos respawns every few mins. All of that gear will be replaced in a few levels in Shadowlands, in Bastion and Maldraxxus.And you can also farm that gear in M+ probably even at a faster rate, since you wait for 20 mins for each rare, then most likely not get an item, while a m +5-7 can be run within the same time and have a better chance of giving you an item.

So compare the fun people are having with a zombie invasion that happened for the 2nd time in 12 years, to a few gear pieces that you will forget about in a week. Zombies don't break the game, they are just an annoyance for a small group of stubborn egocentric people who only want things to go their way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    This thread needs to settle down. I get some people feel passionately about the event, for good or ill, but you need to make your arguments without personally sniping or insulting other people.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead