Quote Originally Posted by Darkarath View Post
    There is 0 chance that Blizzard took the trouble to show Garrosh in two Shadowlands cinematics just to kill him when we freed him.
    Except that's exactly what happened: Closure.

People really refuse to understand Garrosh was a minor character with the entire purpose of giving Thrall characterization, not a main character in his own right.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    That's very technical, but true.
    Again, I don't know what kind of answer people expect.

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post

People really refuse to understand Garrosh was a minor character with the entire purpose of giving Thrall characterization, not a main character in his own right.
    What.

He was literally the main antagonist of an expansion that did not, in fact, entirely revolve around a character who only appeared in any capacity near the end of the expansion.

Bloodsail Admiral Foreign Exchange Ztudent's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    It's very likely that its' an announcement of announcements happening later on.
    I no longer reply to quotations beyond if you're asking a genuine question or have a non-confrontational stance.

Nihil.

Closure? After WoD? Really? He was very dead by then and no one thought that he will ever be back (except as a Lightforged Orc serving Yrel), but OUR Garrosh story was finished and closed. Again, why bother to show him in two cinematics? There are plenty of dead characters that could have been highlighted, but they chose Garrosh and we do nothing with him. Correct me if I am wrong but I think that he is not even mentioned while you quest in Revendreth. I do not know, maybe is just me, but it seems such a waste to make him appear AGAIN just to kill him AGAIN without any development at all.
    Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    Can someone add the #teamworld revamp signature. Shame it is not on yet!

Formerly known as Arafal

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    I see the cheeky Azshara login screen, well played.

Quote Originally Posted by Foreign Exchange Ztudent View Post
    It's very likely that its' an announcement of announcements happening later on.
    Pretty much what I expect. Maybe some organizational changes as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Excellent, I am on team World Revamp (since Cataclysm) :P

BTW can someone post the Origin of Dragons leak? I think I missed that one.

I forgot all about that damn giant sword. I really hope 10.0 does something with that.

When it comes to Garrosh, all that's left of him and Dormazain is a pile of ashes. As far as I'm aware we've not been told that souls go somewhere else upon being slain in the Shadowlands, so it is a pretty good assumption that Garrosh annihilated himself along with Dormazain.

Quote Originally Posted by ChairmanKaga View Post
    I forgot all about that damn giant sword. I really hope 10.0 does something with that.
    What exactly can be done though? Its a planet-sized sword. I doubt even the strongest mortals on the planet could do something about it.

Only real concept I can see happening is it gets used by Azeroth whenever she awakens.

I hope (in vain of course) that we finally get proper female nelf models - and nelf paladins!

And when is Brawler's Guild coming back???

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    That would probably only be for an actual important announcement like the 10.0 trailer or confirmation for WotLK Classic.
    For a 9.2 date announcement I think just the teaser leading to the announcement is plenty.
    Absolutely, but for that you don't need Mike. Heck, you don't even need Ion for that. A simple forum post is enough.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    Has it been said anywhere that the announcement this week will be done live? I dont remember so probably blue/blog posts, which don't require an announcement of an announcement
    We have some exciting things to announce, and I’ll be sharing more next week.

That's as vague as it can be.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiivar86 View Post
    What exactly can be done though? Its a planet-sized sword. I doubt even the strongest mortals on the planet could do something about it.

Only real concept I can see happening is it gets used by Azeroth whenever she awakens.
    If we do get a timeskip or revamp, I'd love to see what sort of influence it might have on Silithus after a while and/or whether whatever nature it adds overtakes it.

For instance, if Silithus were to get greenery like Un'goro has I could see some vines climbing up the sword.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    You stated that you thought it was a bow earlier in the thread.
    Probably someone else.
    But, since you mentioned it, there are clearly bows and arrows on that logo.
    And, interpretation would be to say it hints at Dark Rangers or Priestesses of the Moon.

Against a completely unrelated foe thousands of years before the events of the next expansion.
    Again, doesn't matter. They're on good relations.

We have titan facilities all over Azeroth, further our base of operations in BFA (Chamber of Heart) was a titan facility alongside a titan robot named Mother.
    And you want to repeat that again?

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Why would anyone in the Horde care about Elune or Night Elves?
    Tauren, Shadowmoon Orcs, Lun'alai Zandalari.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    He was literally the main antagonist of an expansion that did not, in fact, entirely revolve around a character who only appeared in any capacity near the end of the expansion.
    Thrall's short absence from the story was both planned & the entire purpose of Garrosh's storyline: Thrall's failure to craft him into his successor. If you had to choose a character that the entire *franchise* of warcraft revolves around, Thrall would be a valid answer.

Thrall's alive. Garrosh is dead. Deal with it.
    Last edited by Ersula; 2022-01-25 at 04:52 PM.

Just had a thought: I really want Timewalking Mega Dungeons. Now that we have Timewalking Raids, I don't see why not. Bring back Karazhan, Mechagon, and Tazavesh as Timewalking features.

Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    Tauren, Shadowmoon Orcs, Lun'alai Zandalari.
    It's a stretch to say the moon goddess those people worship can, at least on a cosmic level, be considered the same thing as Elune, but I have noticed how conspicuous the Horde is ignored from this. Isn't Elune still the most popular religion for Nightborne?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Wu View Post
    Just had a thought: I really want Timewalking Mega Dungeons.
    Does anyone else find mega dungeons super annoying? IE the pattern of adding them, then converting them to normal dungeons? I've never had a positive experience in one past 2007

Thrall's short absence from the story was both planned & the entire purpose of Garrosh's storyline: Thrall's failure to craft him into his successor. If you had to choose a character that the entire *franchise* of warcraft revolves around, Thrall would be a valid answer.

Thrall's alive. Garrosh is dead. Deal with it.
    PLOT TWIST: when a soul escape his jailers in the Shadowlands, its teleported to Zereth Mortis for further analysis. Given the chaotic current state of Zereth Mortis, Garrosh managed to wander freely, and in the final cinematic of 9.2, he will kill Thrall, finally achieving his revenge.

Could happen. He might even become Arthas' buddy.

Towelliee said that xpac reveal may drop as early as one hour from now. Trust our lord and savior.