Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Alleria won't die, she's too iconic/popular and legendary for the Alliance to die!!
    To be fair, I think that it's pretty likely that her Void association may lead her to becoming a loot piñata eventually. I do have a soft spot for the Void Elves, too, but it does seem wholly plausible they could go either way.

Besides, Blizzard's killed far more iconic characters than her. Given they've killed Arthas, Varian, and Kil'Jaeden, I think being iconic isn't enough to spare someone the executioner's ax in WoW.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dartz1979 View Post
    well seeing as alleria sports her sister sylvanas midriffy old look yes she definitely will be a poster girl fantasy i just hope they dont have her die she's the only good looking elf there is at least for the alliance that is.
    Why are you so obsessed with attractive characters? Do you literally have no other taste for storytelling (even accounting for Blizzard's storytelling being a little sub-par at times) than attractive women? I mean, dude, there's more to life than that, and this seems to be all you talk about. You could carry an Amish boy's Rumspringa all on your own and send him back to his village vowing never to sin again.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    Why are you so obsessed with attractive characters? Do you literally have no other taste for storytelling (even accounting for Blizzard's storytelling being a little sub-par at times) than attractive women? I mean, dude, there's more to life than that, and this seems to be all you talk about. You could carry an Amish boy's Rumspringa all on your own and send him back to his village vowing never to sin again.
    He's an MMO-C old timer, his whole shtick is being a coomer.

Alleria won't die, she's too iconic/popular and legendary for the Alliance to die!!
    Are you serious? Maybe Jaina has that untouchable status on alliance, but certainly not a character that was pretty much lost for over 10 years. Current Blizzard will burn through all of their characters in one form or another, none of them are truly dead anyway.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Are you serious? Maybe Jaina has that untouchable status on alliance, but certainly not a character that was pretty much lost for over 10 years. Current Blizzard will burn through all of their characters in one form or another, none of them are truly dead anyway.
    False.

Every single player in the game has seen Alleria at least once, as every single player in the game has gone to Stormwind at least once.

Both Alleria and Turalyon are the most iconic and popular heroes of the Old Alliance, Alleria even more so because she's more unique than Turalyon.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

False.

Every single player in the game has seen Alleria at least once, as every single player in the game has gone to Stormwind at least once.

Both Alleria and Turalyon are the most iconic and popular heroes of the Old Alliance, Alleria even more so because she's more unique than Turalyon.
    You keep telling that to yourself.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

You keep telling that to yourself.
    Visit Stormwind in-game, therein you shall see that the first thing every player sees are indeed the statues of Alleria and Turalyon:

Everyone knows who Alleria and Turalyon are, even if they appeared for the first time only in Legion. Everyone has read the plaques on those statues, there is notoriety to be gained by literally being at the entrance of the most popular player hub in the MMO game.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Visit Stormwind in-game, therein you shall see that the first thing every player sees are indeed the statues of Alleria and Turalyon:

Everyone knows who Alleria and Turalyon are, even if they appeared for the first time only in Legion. Everyone has read the plaques on those statues, there is notoriety to be gained by literally being at the entrance of the most popular player hub in the MMO game.
    I really wouldn't say that's enough to confirm Alleria won't die. They killed Arthas and Varian, too, and they were far more iconic than Alleria ever was.

If Alleria dies, it definitely wont be for a while. I don't think she is as popular as Varodoc thinks, but she definitely (alongside Turalyon) has been hyped up for literal decades before introduced in Legion. The entire point of her character is that she can defy and overcome the whispers. Having her give into them is stupid and defeats the whole point of the void elf race.

Well I knew there were statues there and that's about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Luckily I have no interest in Catgirl Simulator 2014 or whatever it is.
    Said while playing WoW with cow, wolf, panda and fox girls.

The only reason why Alleria and Turalyon "don't seem popular" compared to the likes of Saurfang, Sylvanas, or Arthas, is merely because they have yet to appear in a CGI cinematic/trailer at Blizzcon. When that happens you can expect thundering cheers.

The thing that people ignore is that you don't need 300 novels and quests dedicated to you to be popular, all you need is notoriety. And Alleria and Turalyon indeed have notoriety thanks to those aforementioned statues, same thing for Khadgar (see how Khadgar was pushed as an important character in TBC, WoD, Legion).

Alleria and Turalyon are also very old characters, they first appeared in WC2, meaning that they predate the entire WC3 cast!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    If Alleria dies, it definitely wont be for a while. I don't think she is as popular as Varodoc thinks, but she definitely (alongside Turalyon) has been hyped up for literal decades before introduced in Legion. The entire point of her character is that she can defy and overcome the whispers. Having her give into them is stupid and defeats the whole point of the void elf race.
    This is factual, neither Alleria nor Umbric should succumb to the whispers. That defeats the entire point of the Ren'dorei race, the first mortals who can use the Void and remain sane.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lmao Alleria iconic?

hahahahaha oh my god. Most people know her as the other Sylvanas sister xD

I'm dying here

[...] entire point of the Ren'dorei race [...]
    The entire point of the race was to give the Belf model to the Alliance.

The entire point of the race was to give the Belf model to the Alliance.
    From an out of universe standpoint, sure.

Has this ever saved anyone?
    Arthas died, Illidan died (and he showed a lot more than just midriff, hehe).

I mean i'll grant you that they do have their female assets for them, but beyond that there seems little enough reaon to believe they'll cheat death for as long as Sylvanas has (though i think her time is running out... or whatever "not time" stuff it is that keeps flowing in chronological/logical order in the Shadowlands).

That said i do not think her death will be related to her giving in to the void.
    I'd sooner expect Turalyon and Alleria to kill eachother with their respective powers.
    Last edited by loras; 2021-05-01 at 09:18 PM.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    From an out of universe standpoint, sure.
    Let's not pretend that any ingame reason for a race has meaning (if the interpretation is even applicable) beyond the current state of the story as of the time of writing. The entire raison d'être of Forsaken was to be the evil side of the Horde that does whatever is neccessary for their personal gain, today their focus has changed entirely and they just want to be accepted. Void Elves are just a race with a "tragic" backstory that implies a constant struggle, just like Forsaken originally struggeled against the call of the Scourge.

“Raid where the machine of Death is located” But we are doing that for 9.1. THE MACHINE IS LITERALLY THE ARBITER AND ORIBOS LMAOOOO

The only reason why Alleria and Turalyon "don't seem popular" compared to the likes of Saurfang, Sylvanas, or Arthas, is merely because they have yet to appear in a CGI cinematic/trailer at Blizzcon. When that happens you can expect thundering cheers.

The thing that people ignore is that you don't need 300 novels and quests dedicated to you to be popular, all you need is notoriety. And Alleria and Turalyon indeed have notoriety thanks to those aforementioned statues, same thing for Khadgar (see how Khadgar was pushed as an important character in TBC, WoD, Legion).

Alleria and Turalyon are also very old characters, they first appeared in WC2, meaning that they predate the entire WC3 cast!!

This is factual, neither Alleria nor Umbric should succumb to the whispers. That defeats the entire point of the Ren'dorei race, the first mortals who can use the Void and remain sane.
    Alleria should probably succumb to the whispers if Turalyon dies, which is quite likely given how pointless he currently is as a character.

In a sense the only purpose Turalyon has not died yet is that Blizzard is saving it as more or less a convenient trigger for a void turned Alleria.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Alleria should probably succumb to the whispers if Turalyon dies, which is quite likely given how pointless he currently is as a character.

In a sense the only purpose Turalyon has not died yet is that Blizzard is saving it as more or less a convenient trigger for a void turned Alleria.
    Your logic doesn't make sense, if a character is pointless then you don't kill them off, you give them development and a purpose.

This shall be done once Shadowlands is over, the bald janitor won't be in the spotlight for much longer, therefore more interesting characters can replace him in the spotlight.

Your logic doesn't make sense, if a character is pointless then you don't kill them off, you give them development and a purpose.

This shall be done once Shadowlands is over, the bald janitor won't be in the spotlight for much longer, therefore more interesting characters can replace him in the spotlight.
    Turalyon is pointless in that his character arc is most definitely concluded. And yes, while you could give him development there is really only a finite amount of characters that can be given such development in a given time, and in his case there is no reason to give development to him when it could be given more effectively to Arator instead.

Turalyon really only serves the narrative currently as a potential light fanatic and as a trigger for Allerias void insanity. Any furhter development would realistically come at the expense of criminally underused characters like Arator.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

10+ Year Old Account
    Turalyon is pointless in that his character arc is most definitely concluded.

...No he isn't, characters can go through new story arcs if need be. By your logic we wouldn't have Sylvanas right now when Wrath ended considering how motivations.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi