Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    That's not fair. Usually there is hype. It's just that there isn't much in this patch. Major patches usually have somesort of new gameplay to show off but Zarem Mortis is just a carbon copy of Korthia. The only really new thing is ..... *checks notes* Simon says.

Ah yeah, let's ignore the new raid, the reintroduction of Tier sets, a new M+ affix, two new M+ dungeons and brand new mounts and a new zone and an entire system designed to help people in world content... so that we can make a cynical meme about a dance system and pretend like nothing's there.

At some point you have to wonder: Why does anybody bother posting on a WoW forum if all they ever want to declare is how unimpressed they are by everything?
    Last edited by Relapses; 2022-02-10 at 09:09 PM. Reason: a words

7+ Year Old Account
    Of course there is no hype.
    Nobody is invested in the narrative, the patch is not exactly impressive in terms of gameplay and it simply took way too long to arrive.

For most the patch is just an indicator for when to expect 10.0.

Quote Originally Posted by Amstrup View Post
    Not in Europe, this is prime time online time.
    Still a remarkably terrible metric by which to gauge hype.

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Still a remarkably terrible metric by which to gauge hype.
    it is an indicator.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    PAX East is end of April. Just saying, they can wait another month if it’s not going to be released in 2022 anyway.
    Probably revelaed end of March, demo at PAX?

My take on the lack of hype is simply because it feels like we already went through the patch due to all the datamining. There's isn't anything new and exciting for me to see other than the new raid which I won't even experience for some time. I'm just glad to finally leave Korthia behind.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    So.. now we are gonna measure hype for reveals of patch dates (without any data comparison, but I kinda get used to that) to.. prove what exactly? That WoW is dead again? 2004-2022 am I right guys?

If you want 'prove' this, wouldn't actual 9.2 release and empty servers on launch be a better proof? Or you fear something different may happen on that day?

Quote Originally Posted by draugril View Post
    If the diehards are going to be hyped by anything, is it truly hype? This is all semantics, but I always defined “hype” as a level of excitement that outsizes the standard level of engagement as well as the very content that is being marketed.

I have a buddy that has been raiding every week since his guild jumped ship from EQ. I do not consider what he gets excited about to be an indicator of “hype” when it comes to WoW.

But if he starts talking about anything else? Generally, there’s a level of hype behind that product as excitement for it has grown beyond its built-in player base.
    Still in COVID era as an explanation why 9.2 hype is so low must be one of the funniest things I’ve read here in the last weeks.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    You should know by now that "B-BUT C-COVID!!!" is this person's excuse to everything bad Blizzard does.
    Yeah especially after 2 years this argument is still SUPER VALID, isn’t it?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nask View Post
    Huh, I don't remember patch announcements ever upping the activity much at all, but since you do, would like to see some statistics on what patches were like that.
    Let’s just look at the YouTube views and Twitter likes in 4-5 weeks and compare them to other announcements.

- - - Updated - - -

You do realize it's mid-day on a fucking Thursday, right? Most people are still at work.
    You do realize that it’s already evening or night for others and that the WoW sub isn’t made of 100% Americans?
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    So.. now we are gonna measure hype for reveals of patch dates (without any data comparison, but I kinda get used to that) to.. prove what exactly? That WoW is dead again? 2004-2022 am I right guys?

If you want 'prove' this, wouldn't actual 9.2 release and empty servers on launch be a better proof? Or you fear something different may happen on that day?
    lol what are you even talking about?

You are blind if cant see that the hype for 9.2 is low, compared to other patches.

Also you assume i said there would be no1 playing 9.2 with that stupid empty server comment...dont put words in my mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by pacotaco View Post
    Probably revelaed end of March, demo at PAX?
    Does one month make such a difference for the announcement? Only if they are diehard on releasing it in 2022. If not March or April really doesn’t make much of a difference imho.

Still in COVID era as an explanation why 9.2 hype is so low must be one of the funniest things I’ve read here in the last weeks.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah especially after 2 years this argument is still SUPER VALID, isn’t it?

- - - Updated - - -

Let’s just look at the YouTube views and Twitter likes in 4-5 weeks and compare them to other announcements.

- - - Updated - - -

You do realize that it’s already evening or night for others and that the WoW sub isn’t made of 100% Americans?
    Or maybe people are just tired of people on WoW forums posting about how unhyped they are about everything. Woo! Look at you, all unimpressed and stuff yet letting WoW live rent free in your head by posting on forums about it 4-6 hours a day. Man, you sure are super over WoW. You did it! You beat WoW! Better post about how unimpressed you are so all the other unimpressed people can give you happy lil internet updoots.

You are blind if cant see that the hype for 9.2 is low, compared to other patches.

Also you assume i said there would be no1 playing 9.2 with that stupid empty server comment...dont put words in my mouth.
    So where are the statistics you were "remembering" or was that just bullshit?

Or maybe people are just tired of people on WoW forums posting about how unhyped they are about everything. Woo! Look at you, all unimpressed and stuff yet letting WoW live rent free in your head by posting on forums about it 4-6 hours a day. Man, you sure are super over WoW. You did it! You beat WoW! Better post about how unimpressed you are so all the other unimpressed people can give you happy lil internet updoots.
    Did I trigger you? Seems like that. Calm down. I just listed several factors we can measure the hype level in a few weeks. And I basically corrected your Reddit all the people are working argument. Nothing else.

"There isn't much in this patch! WoW feels like an abuse story, FFXIV made me free"

...Y'all seriously need to learn to simply play other games on your own accord. If you're not hyped, that's ok. But don't act like WOW is some ex that mentally abused you so fucking bad, cause that's not at all healthy. It's sad too, cause you can easily tell that despite all this crazy shit, the new Raid actually looks great, and people saying that Addons made the Raids easier and less fucked and that its removal is gonna be stupid for casuals is so fucking stupid, and makes people think Casual players are more moronic than they actually are...which they aren't.

I don't have addons...I'm literally vibing in raids. Play the game and get better. Ffs

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    There's really nothing to be hyped about.

Features? Barebones.
    New sets? Not terribly exciting looking.
    Facing the Jailer? He was introduced this same expansion and is about as bland as a mayo sandwich

Most people here at least just want it announced and released so we can move on from this expansion.
    Got about as much going for him as Sargeras tbh...

Quote Originally Posted by Nask View Post
    So where are the statistics you were "remembering" or was that just bullshit?
    https://subredditstats.com/r/wow

You would always see a huge surge of users on reddit when a patch date was announced, we didnt this time around.

I dont care if you dont believe me.

Did I trigger you? Seems like that. Calm down. I just listed several factors we can measure the hype level in a few weeks. And I basically corrected your Reddit all the people are working argument. Nothing else.
    That wasn't my argument. At this point I'm willing to put full blame on Blizzard for dragging their feet and waiting way too fucking long between patch cycles this expansion. Yeah, that probably has a negative impact on hype. Who fucking cares? The patch is coming out, that's a good thing. We can at least agree on that, right? Or do we need to circlejerk each other into the upper stratosphere over how bad the game is or how much Blizzard sucks for not pumping out patches every exactly 77 days? Like, get over it. Please.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFirstOnes View Post
    Got about as much going for him as Sargeras tbh...
    Sure, Sargeras which has been teased for 20 years has not more going for him than the Jailer.

The heck, even Denathrius has more going than the Jailer and both have been introduced in the same expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I wouldn't source wowredit as what the actual community thinks but ok. Just hope the pandemic ends
    ''Just hope the pandemic ends''.

Hahahaha this guy always brings the goods with his posts. Didn't you know? We're going to be in a pandemic until the end of days.

Should I add an /s for you? I feel like you'd need it.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account

Of course it's lower, we're not blind to stuff that happened over last year. But that's drought issue (caused by covid, protests and bad managment - they should just delay whole expansion 6 months instead of making every patch 2-3 months too long) and trust to company issue (which have nothing to do with WoW devs that works on current content). SL is tainted by this and only drastic changes/news (like Microsoft buyout or cross faction promise) could be a factor to slowly rebuild trust in general audience.

But it is also unmeasurable, so your comment is pretty pointless. Of course people are not hyped like they was for Argus. Of course game is far from dead. I have no idea how it compares to 8.3. So.. what's the point?

That wasn't my argument. At this point I'm willing to put full blame on Blizzard for dragging their feet and waiting way too fucking long between patch cycles this expansion. Yeah, that probably has a negative impact on hype. Who fucking cares? The patch is coming out, that's a good thing. We can at least agree on that, right? Or do we need to circlejerk each other into the upper stratosphere over how bad the game is or how much Blizzard sucks for not pumping out patches every exactly 77 days? Like, get over it. Please.
    I couldn’t care less, I’m totally indifferent to this expansion. Where Legion invoked love and BfA invoked hate, I feel nothing for Shadowlands. I’ve never been so bored by an expansion before. And I think a lot of players are in the same state as me.

I wasn’t even debating, I just said hype can be measured and we can do so in a few days, maybe weeks. Just compare the likes on the 8.3 and 9.1 release date announcement on Twitter. That alone will be a good indicator. Old Tweets get lost anyway so we really can’t say that the 8.3 tweet got so much more likes over the years.

I feel the same about 9.2, there is not much hype. Nowhere. But that’s just my feeling right now. We can check on that next week and see if the feeling was right or wrong.