7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    They do, but only for the regions they actually sell it in. So you're paying in some other currency.
    they don't, and im not either.

Quote Originally Posted by The-Shan View Post
    anyone keeping track of old leaks like this one?
    I'm not sure anyone is properly keeping track of anything this time, but in regards to that leak specifically and with everything we've seen over the last few years when it comes to weird new and unused assets as well as small and insignificant parts of the old world being updated (e.g. SW Mage tower), them doing a big multi-year project that started around 2016 is definitely not out of the question.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    I'm not sure anyone is properly keeping track of anything this time, but in regards to that leak specifically and with everything we've seen over the last few years when it comes to weird new and unused assets as well as small and insignificant parts of the old world being updated (e.g. SW Mage tower), them doing a big multi-year project that started around 2016 is definitely not out of the question.

I would love for this to be true. The cynic in me says that those little updates are simply new members cutting their teeth and getting used to the style and workflow of Blizzard, though. But I would be glad to be wrong, especially if there's a grandiose 6-year conspiracy to get us some epic content.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    So what is left to announce?

Hearthstone - no idea
    HoTS, Starcraft - forgotten.
    Diablo - 5th hero, Immortal release date
    Overwatch - O2 Beta
    Warcraft - mobile game ( I expect it to be revealed together with expac), 10.0, maybe Wrath Classic (although I expect just small reveal after Sunwell release).

Overwatch 2 news and Diablo Immortal release date seem to be imminent. These are the only two things that need to happen within the next days / weeks.

The WoW crowd was fed with the 9.2 release date, I don’t expect anything Warcraft related within the next 4-5 weeks. Maybe more about the mobile title, but I guess they would rather couple that with the expansion announcement to make it a more pompous reveal stream.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Overwatch 2 news and Diablo Immortal release date seem to be imminent. These are the only two things that need to happen within the next days / weeks.

The WoW crowd was fed with the 9.2 release date, I don’t expect anything Warcraft related within the next 4-5 weeks. Maybe more about the mobile title, but I guess they would rather couple that with the expansion announcement to make it a more pompous reveal stream.
    You really think Blizzard is going to announce the expansion in Q2? My money is still on late February reveal.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    You really think Blizzard is going to announce the expansion in Q2? My money is still on late February reveal.
    Q2?
    March is still Q1.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by draugril View Post

I would love for this to be true. The cynic in me says that those little updates are simply new members cutting their teeth and getting used to the style and workflow of Blizzard, though. But I would be glad to be wrong, especially if there's a grandiose 6-year conspiracy to get us some epic content.
    I would love if they brought the idea of classic+ to retail. Build upon content in Azeroth in 10.0. Nothing would be cooler.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Q2?
    March is still Q1.
    Oh yeah, I keep forgetting that it's only February 14th. I thought it was the 21st for some reason.

I still believe they're going to announce the next expansion in the same time frame as the planned online BlizzCon that got cancelled, which is late February.
    Last edited by Teriz; 2022-02-14 at 02:10 PM.

If the upcoming Sylvanas novel has any major plot points related to, or leading to 10.0, Q2 announcement might not be out of question.

Plus, I think that we might get an info/reveal of 9.2.5 before they announce 10.0
    unclench your jaw

Quote Originally Posted by UndedoKoleda View Post
    If the upcoming Sylvanas novel has any major plot points related to, or leading to 10.0, Q2 announcement might not be out of question.

Plus, I think that we might get an info/reveal of 9.2.5 before they announce 10.0
    The book will most likely focus on her inner dilemma preceding 9.2.

Quote Originally Posted by draugril View Post

I like delving into the potential future where this isn't just copium. It's nice. I wish it was real (No sarcasm).

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UndedoKoleda View Post

I just think it will be some backround information with a few new things and thats it.

Dont hope for 10.0 info in that book, it will just help to not feel to much dissappointment is all I can say about it.

I really want to believe this old leak, that 10.0 will save WoW, shaking the MMO genre at its chore (i can't help but laugh at that statement). I hope to be slapped in the face with a fantastic expansion, that will revive the sense of wonders, exploration and community effort that is Warcraft and Azeroth to me; but claiming that Bfa and SL were just fillers to keep people busy is just really strong copium.

They already went all out with BfA and the Azerite system combining with the ambitious story (CGI cinematics, IG cinematics, shorts, wonderful leveling experience and lore. The very start of BfA really was fantastic, only to be let down by Azerite, Warfronts and Isles explorations. The... systems). Also with the mini expansion that was 8.3 with 50 new systems (i dislike this patch so much ). Same with SL, they went all out with Torghast and the covenants, the okay-ish lore they wanted to establish (but awfully executed) for the 4 zones and factions. They went all out each time.

I wish the leak is true though. WoW really needs a complete overhaul of gameplay to make it compelling again and indeed shake the genre. Having new leveling systems when you just ended leveling your character isn't the right direction IMHO : talent rows, soulbind talent trees, renown leveling, character leveling, ILVL progression... just wipe/merge everything. Make it make sense!

I really wish they find back a clear vision of what they want their MMORPG to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    I like delving into the potential future where this isn't just copium. It's nice. I wish it was real (No sarcasm).
    The only good thing about having rock bottom expectations is that you can't be disappointed. You can be surprised, though. I'll hope for that surprise, no matter how unlikely.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Radioactive View Post
    I really wish they find back a clear vision of what they want their MMORPG to be.
    I'd argue that their vision is all too clear. And narrow. They design it for the eSports crowd, and assume that everyone else will be fine with content that allows them to pretend to be the eSports crowd. They don't realize that not everyone aspires to be chasing higher numbers and they their game has the potential to be so much more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yay more overuse of the word copium.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Yay more overuse of the word copium.
    People just want to sound interesting or funny. Its more annoying then anything else.

It would go away a lot quicker without going all Streisand Effect on it every time someone uses it...

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    I'm pretty sure they're not going to announce the expansion just one week after 9.2.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    I'm pretty sure they're not going to announce the expansion just one week after 9.2.
    I agree, it just makes no sense either from a hype point or an ingame perspective point with the expac finale being a week after, so they wouldn't have to dodge info regarding the conclusion.
    My guess is they will probably wait until race for world first. Having it drop same week as end cinematic still might mean that a lot of players haven't seen it, and they probably don't want to be taking the popularity away from the race.
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread