Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Radioactive View Post
    I hope to be slapped in the face with a fantastic expansion, that will revive the sense of wonders, exploration and community effort that is Warcraft and Azeroth to me; but claiming that Bfa and SL were just fillers to keep people busy is just really strong copium.
    Sigh, when you people will learn that these are just empty words. It's very likely that new expansion will bring "sense of wonder, exploration yada yada" on launch, maybe if we are lucky it will last few more weeks like Legion or Classic.

But it's impossible that everyone will run on grass holding hands after that. Especially now when you have so many releases, people know how spread info with speed of light and attention span is so low.

It's just a game, man. You will be bored eventually no matter what. It's better to enjoy real things than chase impossible ideals.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    I agree, it just makes no sense either from a hype point or an ingame perspective point with the expac finale being a week after, so they wouldn't have to dodge info regarding the conclusion.
    My guess is they will probably wait until race for world first. Having it drop same week as end cinematic still might mean that a lot of players haven't seen it, and they probably don't want to be taking the popularity away from the race.
    I mean… they waited so long with the announcement. Why rush it now? It just makes not much sense. They have enough time during March. They can announce the announcement stream or whatever early March and have the event in the last week of March and there will be no hassle.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by draugril View Post
    I would love for this to be true. The cynic in me says that those little updates are simply new members cutting their teeth and getting used to the style and workflow of Blizzard, though. But I would be glad to be wrong, especially if there's a grandiose 6-year conspiracy to get us some epic content.
    Yeah, this is a genuine possibility as well. On the other hand I would assume if there was a multi-year conspiracy going on that they'd at least have thrown out a "we're working on something, wait and see" a while back to compensate for the (at least imo) rather lackluster Korthia.

Since 9.2 hype is so low, they should announce 10.0 now.

Gotta get wow on peoples minds.

Quote Originally Posted by LordKharon View Post
    We 99.9% wont see 10.0 announcement this month, not even the announcement of the announcement, there is simply too much other stuff happening in gaming (9.2 next week, LostArk right now, SWTOR&GW2 expansions next 2 weeks, then EldenRing on the singleplayer side...)
    This logic is evidence of someone who's never observed any patterns in gaming promotion: Not only has Blizzard (not even including Blizzcon) announced major content reveals the same day as major content releases, (Hearthstone & WoW have done this with each other repeatedly) its ignoring the predatory side of this: The point is to take hype away from their competitors. They literally announced 9.2 & the whole "developer insight" video the same day as the Endwalker Pre-patch.

Quote Originally Posted by UndedoKoleda View Post
    If the upcoming Sylvanas novel has any major plot points related to, or leading to 10.0, Q2 announcement might not be out of question.

Plus, I think that we might get an info/reveal of 9.2.5 before they announce 10.0
    Unless of course 9.2.5 is like 7.3.5 and exists entirely as a pretense to implement the expansion's pre-order features.

They're really not hiding much from us in the 9.2 ptr. And while the story threads were there in 8.3, nothing about the story revelations actually pointed directly to the Shadowlands. At this point we know one of two things happens: The next expansion is complete divorced from anything happening right now (dragon isles or other new continent) or the Jailer does extensive damage to Azeroth in the 3rd phase of his fight (world revamp) and the idea they're going to wait until after world first race is asinine: Only the most dedicated wow fan is going to pay attention to that. The announcement would generate hype for the world first race, not the other way around. World First races have never been a factor in Blizzard announcing products before.

So there's no reason not to assume the announcement isn't going to happen when they originally planned it to happen: Third Week of February. The week of the cancelled Blizzconline.
    Last edited by Ersula; 2022-02-14 at 04:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Amstrup View Post
    Since 9.2 hype is so low, they should announce 10.0 now.

Gotta get wow on peoples minds.
    Just because YOU are not hyped doesn't mean that everybody isn't. I absolutely look forward to 9.2.
    And to be fair: the usual suspects that aren't hyped for 9.2 won't be hyped for 10.0 either. There will be the usual bitching that it's not what they wanted 10.0 to be...oh, and: "wow ded!" of course.

Quote Originally Posted by ExiHext View Post
    Just because YOU are not hyped doesn't mean that everybody isn't. I absolutely look forward to 9.2.
    And to be fair: the usual suspects that aren't hyped for 9.2 won't be hyped for 10.0 either. There will be the usual bitching that it's not what they wanted 10.0 to be...oh, and: "wow ded!" of course.
    Eh, anecdotal (because that's all we're privy to), but even among my most diehard guildies... Discord is dead re: WoW. Nary a peep about 9.2. Very few "doomers" in the crew, and not a single "wow ded" memer. They all want to like this game. It just needs to be in a state that makes it easier to enjoy. All the individual parts are there, but it's structured in a very unappealing way that saw everyone drop off extraordinarily quickly.

5+ Year Old Account
    so my uncle is the boss of world of warcraft and here is the real leak:

https://imgur.com/a/hFIoTqM

I do wonder how much the Jailer being hidden until live will affect the race, considering they haven't done something like that in a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Zers Editor View Post
    I do wonder how much the Jailer being hidden until live will affect the race, considering they haven't done something like that in a while.
    Aren't the last three bosses all untested?

It's gonna be interesting, and probably bring a lot of people to the race.

Quote Originally Posted by ExiHext View Post
    YOU looking forward to 9.2 dosent mean that the hype i high.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    I'm pretty sure they're not going to announce the expansion just one week after 9.2.
    Why would you doubt that? They've announced expansions regardless of the status of the patch. They announced Shadowlands months before 8.3 came out, they announced BFA long after 7.3, and Cataclysm was announced WAY before 3.3 was released.

1+ Year Old Account
    There really isn't a set precedent when it comes to the announcement of new WoW expansions in terms of current patch release. Sure, many expansions have been announced at Blizzcons past; however, with no Blizzcon or Blizzconline AND 9.2 only 8 days away, they can announce 10.0 whenever they want. Additionally, we don't know how they are going to announce 10.0 either. We could get a same week announcement of an announcement (announce a future stream on a Monday for the same week's Thursday, for example) OR they could announce a 10.0 stream/video weeks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by George Lucas View Post
    so my uncle is the boss of world of warcraft and here is the real leak:

https://imgur.com/a/hFIoTqM
    You said Star Wars would be fine with your new "friends". I'm not believing you anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Why would you doubt that? They've announced expansions regardless of the status of the patch. They announced Shadowlands months before 8.3 came out, they announced BFA long after 7.3, and Cataclysm was announced WAY before 3.3 was released.
    Simply because there is no need to rush and they don't have to follow the Blizzcon pattern this time.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Why would you doubt that? They've announced expansions regardless of the status of the patch.
    None of your examples happened regardless of patch status, each listed announcement happened long after or long before the final patch.

Blizzard isn't going to announce the expansion a week after patch launch.
    The reveal would clash with and take away the attention from 9.2 and the start of season3, which they don't want.

The last thing Blizzard needs or wants is to overshadow their own releases, especially not in a month that's decked out with other new game releases.

On top of that, an expansion reveal is not going to happen without build-up and an announcement a few weeks beforehand.
    And 9.2 is launching next week.
    If the reveal was happening the week after, we'd already have an announcement date by now.

Formerly known as Arafal

1+ Year Old Account
    Simply because there is no need to rush and they don't have to follow the Blizzcon pattern this time.
    The beauty of all the conversations we are having is the fact that no one knows. Speculating is so much fun! We don't know how behind/ahead Blizzard is regarding 10.0. We don't know when they intend to announce 10.0. We are assuming they will wait until after 9.2 goes live. We are assuming that they will wait until after the Jailer fight goes live. At the end of the day, Blizzard will announce 10.0 whenever they want.

Quote Originally Posted by Cherry123 View Post
    and so every time
    At least for Shadowlands story this is true. With each patch it became subsequently worse.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    None of your examples happened regardless of patch status, each listed announcement happened long after or long before the final patch.

Blizzard isn't going to announce the expansion a week after patch launch.
    The reveal would clash with and take away the attention from 9.2 and the start of season3, which they don't want.

The last thing Blizzard needs or wants is to overshadow their own releases, especially not in a month that's decked out with other new game releases.

On top of that, an expansion reveal is not going to happen without build-up and an announcement a few weeks beforehand.
    And 9.2 is launching next week.
    If the reveal was happening the week after, we'd already have an announcement date by now.
    Yep. At minimum they will give us a 2-week-wait. This happens to be an event they want to build up. The announcement for the Legion expansion reveal came one week before the Gamescom event. And there it was already known Blizzard was at Gamescom, they just narrowed down what to expect. This time they have to set up a completely detached livestream or whatever for that even which needs more time in my opinion.

At least for Shadowlands story this is true. With each patch it became subsequently worse.
    The story in SL was never great to begin with. What this drawing really shows much better is the BfA story, which kept adding on incomprehensible story beats onto the flaming heap it was.
    The story in SL is more boring than anything. The only real car crash part of the story is how ineptly Sylvanas' story has been handled going from BfA to SL.
    The world revamp dream will never die!