Quote Originally Posted by Catastrophy349 View Post
    Danuser also confirmed Chapter 8 in 9.2 (which was taken down from PTR) titled Epilogue.
    Ooh I didn't know that. Then chapter 8 it is!

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    He’s right though. Demon Hunter from the start felt lackluster. And a third spec could have been easily, easily developed.
    Those two don't really have a connection, though. Demon Hunter suffers more from being overly simplistic class design. A third spec of that would hardly have helped.

7+ Year Old Account
    He’s right though. Demon Hunter from the start felt lackluster. And a third spec could have been easily, easily developed.
    Yeeee, I am not a WoW dev, so I do not make claims on how simple is creating (and maintaining) a third spec for a class.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Demon Hunter doesn't feel lackluster because it doesn't have a third spec, it feels lackluster because it has a super simplistic rotation and lacks interesting rotational mechanics, operating on basically watered down rage. If they had done a better job of making its movement gimmick feel rewarding instead of awkward (momentum/rush) or automated (blade dance) it would be a much stronger feeling class. Or if they had actually given it some new and unique resource mechanic like a more active fury management trying to stay close to but not go over the edge of demonic power.

I have never had any interest, at all, in Holy(pr), so the class essentially has always had two specs for me, but it has never felt lackluster because disc and shadow are both engaging.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Those two don't really have a connection, though. Demon Hunter suffers more from being overly simplistic class design. A third spec of that would hardly have helped.
    This.
    Last edited by Hitei; 2022-02-17 at 09:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Yeeee, I am not a WoW dev, so I do not make claims on how simple is creating (and maintaining) a third spec for a class.
    Then you lack any sense of creativity I guess. There have been so many good fan concepts for classes and specs, it would have been really easy to give DH a third spec.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Shadowlands is on sale for 50% until march 9th. Whenever they announce an expac its purchasable right away and the previous one merges into the subscription game. Could this mean that there will be no announcement until atleast march 9th?

7+ Year Old Account
    Then you lack any sense of creativity I guess. There have been so many good fan concepts for classes and specs, it would have been really easy to give DH a third spec.
    Yeee, because all it takes is a good concept, and everything else just happens. You lack sense of reality, I guess.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by geniebsmart View Post
    Shadowlands is on sale for 50% until march 9th. Whenever they announce an expac its purchasable right away and the previous one merges into the subscription game. Could this mean that there will be no announcement until atleast march 9th?
    Is the merge always immediate? Completely arbitrary and vague recollection: but it seems to me like that's usually a thing that happens at prepatch, isn't it? Because otherwise you have an entire year where the expansion is just free with the sub cost.

Yesterday:
    Why’s this thread so tense and hostile again,
    Today:
    Then you lack any sense of creativity I guess.
    Tomorrow:
    Tune in to find out!
    DRAGONMIRE BINGO
    2024 - 11.0 - The 10th Expansion - The 20th Anniversary of World of Warcraft
    For Azeroth!

10+ Year Old Account
    Holy shit and I almost bought it a few days ago. I'm so glad I waited a few more days.

The time has come, I guess.

Will play this patch, but im not looking forward to Blizzard leaving us totally in the dark yet again when it comes to story. Decent shot we wont get any santisfying answers out of this, just more convoluded mess that we gotta wait "to see unfold".

That was expected anyway, because they are going to wait at the very least until all the 9.2 cinematics are shown to announce the expansion. The Jailors defeat being the notable one, which will happen on March 8th when guilds defeat him and the world will see the end raid cinematic.

The campaign will conclude at the end of March. So 10.0 announcement is going to happen after March 9th. Probably middle or end of March or early April.
    Pally Collector, 785+ Mounts, 1740+ Pets, 715+ Toys, 34000+ achieves.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Is the merge always immediate? Completely arbitrary and vague recollection: but it seems to me like that's usually a thing that happens at prepatch, isn't it? Because otherwise you have an entire year where the expansion is just free with the sub cost.
    Yeah I have a vague memory this is how it tends to work. Especially considering the expansion is announced while the expansion is still awaiting future patches. Would be weird if the game was "free" during that time, but maybe I am wrong.

Of course, with how this expansion has worked it wouldn't be completely out of the question to have it work differently in regards to when the expansion becomes part of the base game.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Interesting. That is the week the raid fully opens and makes the last 3 bosses available.

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    Will play this patch, but im not looking forward to Blizzard leaving us totally in the dark yet again when it comes to story. Decent shot we wont get any santisfying answers out of this, just more convoluded mess that we gotta wait "to see unfold".
    How exactly is Blizzard leaving us in the dark this time? The expansion is releasing the last patch in 5 days. Yes the story will take a while to get to the end, but you do usually have to experience the story as it is released.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    Wut? You would like it to be all revealed or on the patch day, or maybe even before it?

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean I guess we'll be left in the dark in where the plot goes outside of 8.2 but..........welcome to Patch life?
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Can anyone translate this? It seems to be circulating Chinese social media, as the source of the leak is a student intern at NetEase who has since been fired.

Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    Can anyone translate this? It seems to be circulating Chinese social media, as the source of the leak is a student intern at NetEase who has since been fired.

Hmn, the date is 9.2 release date.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amstrup View Post
    Hmn, the date is 9.2 release date.
    I mean ye, it makes total sense to reveal new xpac on the same day, rite???