10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    They are canon as a dragons that can take human forms. Them being an entire class of Dragonborn or w/e IS your headcanon. They are still just dragons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zankai27 View Post
    You really don’t get it, do you? Combining those 3 things into one class is not currently a thing that exists in any capacity, and your “Dragonborn” title for it is 100% headcanon no questions asked. They’re literally just dragons.
    Them being considered for a potential class is not headcanon. Headcanon is adding your own lore to the game. Players being able to play characters within WoW operates outside of lore, so me stating that characters akin to Wrathion, Alexstraza, Chromie, etc. should be made into a playable class is not headcanon. It is purely a gameplay convention.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Them being considered for a potential class is not headcanon. Headcanon is adding your own lore to the game. Players being able to play characters within WoW operates outside of lore, so me stating that characters akin to Wrathion, Alexstraza, Chromie, etc. should be made into a playable class is not headcanon. It is purely a gameplay convention.
    Oo cmon..you know exactly what he meant lol.

No thanks; may as well put the game on maintenance mode if we aren’t going to add anything new and are just going to iterate on existing classes for eternity. Dull.
    They can't keep adding new classes forever: Eventually they'd just become gradually more homogenized. Also why would new specs not count as "something new"? Dungeons & Dragons added exactly one new class in the last 20 years.

7+ Year Old Account
    Them being considered for a potential class is not headcanon. Headcanon is adding your own lore to the game. Players being able to play characters within WoW operates outside of lore, so me stating that characters akin to Wrathion, Alexstraza, Chromie, etc. should be made into classes is not headcanon.
    It is a headcanon if it is YOU, not Blizz, who consider them for a potential class. And you do not consider them as such, you claim they are already here. So yes, it is yours headcanon. What you think should be made into a class is irrelevant, you are one of a millions of players.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Imotbh View Post
    If they add another class at some point, it can only be tinker, dragonsworn/knight/whatever or a new thing entirely IMO. I can't picture them bringing bard/necromancer/dark ranger to life. Necromancer/dark ranger could be reworked spec for DK/hunter respectively though. Haven't they already answered for the bard? I have a very vague memory of them saying it wouldn't fit in the game except if they had a specific role for it such as support.
    In vanilla, TBC, and Wrath, Paladins and Shaman had roles similar to Bards. Blizzard eventually removed that role completely because it sucked for players doing the role, and it forced raids to take those classes in order to get the buffs. Blizzard eradicated that system and established the trinity (Tank/DPS/Healing) and the concept of "bring the player, not the class". A Bard would upend that system and concept, so I highly doubt such a class would ever be implemented.

In addition, no Bard heroes exist in lore, and have NEVER existed in Warcraft lore.

- - - Updated - - -

It is a headcanon if it is YOU, not Blizz, who consider them for a potential class. And you do not consider them as such, you claim they are already here. So yes, it is yours headcanon. What you think should be made into a class is irrelevant, you are one of a millions of players.
    How do we know that Blizzard isn't considering them for a potential class? Blizzard is the one who gave them class mechanics in HotS, which interestingly just happen to coincide with Tanking (Deathwing), Healing (Alexstraza) and RDPS (Chromie). Now, that could entirely be a coincidence, but as I said before, HotS abilities have been implemented into WoW consistently since it's debut, and if you need a dragon class for the dragon expansion, why wouldn't you use a concept where the foundations are already in place?

7+ Year Old Account
    How do we know that Blizzard isn't considering them for a potential class?
    Yes, who knows? So why do you claim that Dragonborn are already in WoW?
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

In addition, no Bard heroes exist in lore, and have NEVER existed in Warcraft lore.
    Russel the Bard is in WoW & was an enemy hero in Hearthstone. And then there's Elite Tauren Chieftan, who has a whole band. Which was even translated into a music-based combat kit in DoTA & Heroes of the Storm.

That's more Bard representation than Tinker

7+ Year Old Account
    Headcanon is adding your own lore to the game.
    Like asserting that there are "Dragonborne" characters despite warcraft not ever having established such a concept?

As for the rest, this whole discussion would be so much simpler if you didn't play some weird fantasy word game.
    It's clear you just want regular Dragons to be implemented as a playable class rather than some manner of race, why not just say so?

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    They can't keep adding new classes forever: Eventually they'd just become gradually more homogenized. Also why would new specs not count as "something new"? Dungeons & Dragons added exactly one new class in the last 20 years.
    Dungeons and Dragons doesn’t have to sell an expansion every 2 years and needs hype for it. And DND is so player-focused, people create their own classes for it, and they create tons of them. Not a great analogy.

Even something like fuckin LotRO that’s been on life support for years added a new class just recently.

10+ Year Old Account
    My dude, I want Tinkers as much as you do (maybe), but let’s not pretend Gazlowe’s getting in 1-1 either. Don’t put the cart before the horse.
    Check Rock-It turret, Deth Lazor, Xplodium Charge, and Grav-O-Bomb 3000. All except Deth Lazor 1:1 with their HotS incarnation, and Deth Lazor comes very close.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, who knows? So why do you claim that Dragonborn are already in WoW?
    Because they are in WoW. We just can't play as them.

I see the confusion: You keep saying Dragonborn when what you mean is Dragons. Just Dragons.

Are you actually delusional? They’re dragons, not “”DRAGONBORNE””.

“”DRAGONBORNE”” is your headcanon. Full stop.

7+ Year Old Account
    No they are not, they are only in your head.

Check Rock-It turret, Deth Lazor, Xplodium Charge, and Grav-O-Bomb 3000. All except Deth Lazor 1:1 with their HotS incarnation, and Deth Lazor comes very close.

- - - Updated - - -

You mean Dragons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    Russel the Bard is in WoW & was an enemy hero in Hearthstone.
    Hearthstone isn't lore.

And then there's Elite Tauren Chieftan, who has a whole band. Which was even translated into a music-based combat kit in DoTA & Heroes of the Storm.
    Like I asked you before; Tell me of ETC's exploits in Warcraft 3 or WoW. You're talking about a literal spoof of the Tauren Chieftain/Cairne Bloodhoof from a Blizzard co. rock band.

That's more Bard representation than Tinker
    Incorrect. Gazlowe is the Tinker hero in Warcraft, and he was the basis for the Tinker hero in WC3. Gazlowe helped Thrall found Orgrimmar. Gazlowe has had numerous adventures with us throughout the history of WoW, and is now the leader of the Goblin faction within the Horde. There's also Mekkatorque who is the high Tinker of the Gnomes, who has his own set of lore as well as exploits especially in BFA.

Then there's Undermine where the Tinker Union exists. There's the Tinker's Court in Gnomeregan. There's New Tinkertown, the starting location of the Gnomes. There's also the Tinkertory in Mechagon. Then we have Gazlowe reappearing as the Tinker hero in Heroes of the Storm and WC3 Reforged, complete with a unique set of attributes and abilities. We even had Tinker and Epic Tinker classes n the tabletop Warcraft RPG.

I would love for Bards to have that level of presence in Warcraft, but they don't. There wasn't even a Bard class in the ttrpg game.

- - - Updated - - -

Are you actually delusional? They’re dragons, not “”DRAGONBORNE””.

“”DRAGONBORNE”” is your headcanon. Full stop.
    Dragonborne is merely a possible class name. That doesn't change the fact that we have those characters in WoW.

Then just say you want a dragon class that isn’t Dragonsworn; don’t make it sound like you think characters like Chromie are actually “Dragonborne”

10+ Year Old Account
    Then just say you want a dragon class that isn’t Dragonsworn; don’t make it sound like you think characters like Chromie are actually “Dragonborne”
    A class name was needed for the class concept, so I chose Dragonborne as a fitting class name. Nothing more, nothing less.

7+ Year Old Account
    Hearthstone isn't lore.
    Hearthstone isn't lore, but HotS is? I shall remind you that original HS characters actually made into WoW.

7+ Year Old Account
    Hearthstone isn't lore, but HotS is? I shall remind you that original HS characters actually made into WoW.
    We even have a whole Hearthstone tavern in the game files, so the game might as well be canon to some capacity.

Formerly known as Arafal

Yeah, an actually horrible take to disregard HS lore. Any of it could be used at any time.