10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Catastrophy349 View Post
    My reaction to this was literally that gif of the guy opening the fridge expecting something good, but then being instantly disappointed.

7+ Year Old Account
    Town it down big guy, it's not that exciting.

Formerly known as Arafal

You got me as well, good job

Well at least we will get a shiny new cinematic (or two?) tomorrow. Then a week's wait for the finale, but eh, I can wait. We are definitely close to a 10.0 reveal, with all the 9.2 stuff out now I'm not exactly craving 10.0 as badly.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Wasn't that build dead by then? I was playing Shadow Priest Clarity of Power in Blackrock, also an experimental build.
    It wasn't as good as fury that's for sure but we were a mostly for fun guild anyways and I did good dps so luckily I had no complaints. ^^

Considering all the crazy scenarios they can for a place that can rewrite creation...a guy in front of a column of azerite doesn't sound exciting (at least for me).

Sure?..

I guess it's interesting to see, buy really it just makes me wish the old trailer that combined a lore cutscene with snippets like this from the new raid. The ones from MoP were absolute standouts in this regard.

In comparison this feels like it was made out of obligation. I don't really get the feeling that anyone had a strong vision for what this trailer should show.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

10+ Year Old Account
    There's a portal, covenant or flightmaster at every pillar in the Ring of Transference--except this one.

It could be a missing patch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Sure?..

I guess it's interesting to see, buy really it just makes me wish the old trailer that combined a lore cutscene with snippets like this from the new raid. The ones from MoP were absolute standouts in this regard.

In comparison this feels like it was made out of obligation. I don't really get the feeling that anyone had a strong vision for what this trailer should show.
    Thats not the patch trailer, its just a video for the raid, not meant to be the grandiose patch trailer we all wanted.
    Last edited by Aeluron Lightsong; 2022-02-28 at 10:40 PM.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Oh it could be - you know - just a natural consequence of octogonal design of Oribos? Now if number of gates would not fit into base geometry then there would be something to speculate on.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ansi View Post
    There's a portal, covenant or flightmaster at every pillar in the Ring of Transference--except this one.

It could be a missing patch.

Interestingly If I haven't mistaken, that is also the direction Taz'avesh is (between revendreth and ardenweald).
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Thats not the patch trailer, its just a video for the raid, not meant to be the grandiose patch trailer we all wanted.
    I know, which is what makes this even more mystifying to me.
    There doesn't seem to be much of a flow to what we are seeing except trying to cram in all 11 bosses. This honestly feels more like a random assemblage of snippets that were meant to be used in a proper trailer, but which instead is now just thrown out into the world.

It's better than nothing for sure, but it still makes me question why it needs to exist.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

10+ Year Old Account
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixtWdYkJbdE

I miss these kind of videos

Quote Originally Posted by Valysar View Post
    !!! Indeed. I was a bit flabberghasted that this patch didn't have a similar trailer involving Zovaal in a dialogue to Anduin as we see Kil'jaeden and Sargeras here.

Or at least a flashback to Zovaal's time as Arbiter and imprisonment/betrayal from the Pantheon of Death.

It would have set the mood of us eagerly going to the raid, freeing Anduin and stopping him the same way 7.2's trailer did. (Even hypes 7.3 because of Sargeras.)
    DRAGONMIRE BINGO
    2024 - 11.0 - The 10th Expansion - The 20th Anniversary of World of Warcraft
    For Azeroth!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Xaxxas View Post
    !!! Indeed. I was a bit flabberghasted that this patch didn't have a similar trailer involving Zovaal in a dialogue to Anduin as we see Kil'jaeden and Sargeras here.

Or at least a flashback to Zovaal's time as Arbiter and imprisonment/betrayal from the Pantheon of Death.

It would have set the mood of us eagerly going to the raid, freeing Anduin and stopping him the same way 7.2's trailer did. (Even hypes 7.3 because of Sargeras.)
    Kil'Jaeden wasn't even shown in 7.2 content until the raid. The "questlines" in the Broken Shore patch really wasn't that great.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    Interestingly If I haven't mistaken, that is also the direction Taz'avesh is (between revendreth and ardenweald).
    Still thinking we were supposed to get "Now for something slightly different" 9.2 patch where we go to the Broker home realm (thus in the direction of Taz'avesh) to dig through some Cartel Al vault to get the needed relics to go into Zereth Mortis in 9.3, given that Cartel Al is the only entity that was able to do so until we Mary Sued our way there.

The difference with the short 8 days notice from the Gamescom announcement to the Legion announcement is that we basically knew about Blizzard‘s presence at Gamescom. What we did not know was that WoD was so pitiful and peak flop that they needed to rush the Legion announcement from November to August. It‘s hard to extrapolate this situation and try to reconstruct it now for the upcoming expac.
    Last edited by Nyel; 2022-02-28 at 11:22 PM.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valysar View Post
    Huh? Isn't that basically the 7.2 intro cinematic? It wasn't a trailer specifically made for YT

It was both. It was repurposed as the trailer. Most things post-5.4 were.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Kil'Jaeden wasn't even shown in 7.2 content until the raid. The "questlines" in the Broken Shore patch really wasn't that great.
    Was there any story to the Broken Shore campaign other than the initial intro in 7.2 and the chapter that was different for each class for mounts (and even that didn't really have any story for some)