10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    I didn't even state my take. I quite like MoP but I'm not going to try to convince anybody it's 10x better than every other expansion.
    Nor did that person try to convince anyone of that. He stated his personal preference, and someone else replied with a depreciative comment.

You chose to endorse the latter.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    you talk like today isn't garbage, lmao
    It's better than MoP.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    I mean, Blizz released the Anduin cinematic before the raid was cleared, so we might not even have to wait that long.
    They did not, tettles cleared it:
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1412193386

They don't post the raid cinematics until someone unlocks it.

Formerly known as Arafal

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    It's better than MoP.
    Ir sure isn't.

1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Polybius View Post
    True, true. Here's hoping it's not bugged and servers don't require prolonged maintenance.

It's possible the cinematic won't show much and we'll have to wait for the 9.2.5 epilogue.
    I still can't understand where people are getting this idea that the final chapter: Epilogue won't release until 9.2.5. Has anyone read what Danuser actually said in this article? https://www.wowhead.com/news/steve-d...-325990?page=3

I understand that "What Lies Ahead," the final chapter for 9.1, wasn't on the PTR BUT it was on LIVE in the Campaign for players to reference. However, it's possible that just because the Epilogue chapter isn't on LIVE currently doesn't mean it won't release the week AFTER the 7th chapter.
    Last edited by Catastrophy349; 2022-03-06 at 10:06 PM.

People saying SL is better then MoP? What's next, people saying WoD is the best expac of all time?

Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    People saying SL is better then MoP? What's next, people saying WoD is the best expac of all time?
    Depends fully on what metric you are using to determine "best".
    Someone who loves collecting cosmetics and mounts in the opwn world might love SL but think MoP is kinda boring in comparision, especially when you compare 5.0 with 9.0.
    Similarly someone who just wants to raid and absolutely nothing else might think WoD is much better than MoP or Legion because it cut all the extraneous fluff that prevented them from loging on for 3 hours a week solely to raid and nothing else.

Strictly comparing MoP to SL for instance you could argue MoP was better because it had more major patches, or that SL is better because the raids are more sprawling and less linear. You might argue that the SL droughts make the game worse, or conversely that MoP had a worse drought since it lasted 14 months.

Unless we have an objective measure then preferring an expansion over another is valid even if it sounds completely insane to others.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Depends fully on what metric you are using to determine "best".
    Someone who loves collecting cosmetics and mounts in the opwn world might love SL but think MoP is kinda boring in comparision, especially when you compare 5.0 with 9.0.
    Similarly someone who just wants to raid and absolutely nothing else might think WoD is much better than MoP or Legion because it cut all the extraneous fluff that prevented them from loging on for 3 hours a week solely to raid and nothing else.

Strictly comparing MoP to SL for instance you could argue MoP was better because it had more major patches, or that SL is better because the raids are more sprawling and less linear. You might argue that the SL droughts make the game worse, or conversely that MoP had a worse drought since it lasted 14 months.

Unless we have an objective measure then preferring an expansion over another is valid even if it sounds completely insane to others.
    Idk the amount of players and amount of players gained/lost seems like a pretty good measuring stick to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Idk the amount of players and amount of players gained/lost seems like a pretty good measuring stick to me.
    So did Cata and WoD and Legion. No theres a much better way to compare instead of "Well people left."
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

7+ Year Old Account
    Hard to objectively compare that statistics. At most we only had the metric on "Current Players" every 3 months. But we don't have that anymore.
    And we never had information on how many new subscriptions/how many expired
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

This does however mean that expansion that are just fine but with broad appeal would top the list of "best" expansions, whereas divisive expansions that some players hated and some players loved would be left in the dirt.

Would for instance an expansion that noone loves but noone hates be better than one that raiders hate, but open world fanatics like me loves? Or conversely open world players hate, but raiders love, like was the case with WoD(

You can definitely argue that SL is terrible because of a lack of player satisfaction compared to MoP. And while that would be a perfectly valid criticism it would also be one that doesn't actually answer anything about why exactly SL is "bad" and MoP is "good".

- - - Updated - - -

And of course with the players gained/lost argument. Would it be more valid to calculate this by raw numbers or percentage?
    If WotLK lost 100k players, but this constituted 10% of the playerbase, would that be better or worse than if SL lost 30k, but this was 30%? (Obviously hypothetical numbers)
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    The Empire of Dragons logo remains the top leak.
    Any pic of the Logo??

Ir sure isn't.
    Again, if you like homogenized garbage, sure. MoP is easily one of the lowest points for class design.

I can tell you that lore wise I value equally MoP and SL. For the class-spec gameplay SL is a lot better than MoP on all classes I've played in both expac (dk, sham, warlock, hunter). I've loved the scenery in both expansions.

For the pacing, I've hated both MoP and SL. MoP was releasing content too fast and SL is the opposite. (Legion is the absolute best on that point)

At the time, MoP was very enjoyable and great and I'm feeling the same thing for Shadowlands. Both have a lot of issues but both feel great to me.

7+ Year Old Account
    Again, if you like homogenized garbage, sure. MoP is easily one of the lowest points for class design.
    Except it was not homogenized garbage? no expansion after mop had a better class design, isn't even a joke of how many people beg for blizzard to unprune the shit they did, and they even had to do it because how shit it was.

You are legit the textbook definition for ''contrarian''. Every single post you make screams it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skildar View Post
    I can tell you that lore wise I value equally MoP and SL. For the class-spec gameplay SL is a lot better than MoP on all classes I've played in both expac (dk, sham, warlock, hunter). I've loved the scenery in both expansions.
    how mop is equally with shadowlands in lore? genuinely curious, like did you even notice whats happening with shadowlands lore right now? Garrosh had more build up as a villain than 5 Janitors, and MOP didn't had poster girl sylvanas ruining every cinematic she shows in.

Like, Shadowlands lore is so bad that even people who worship the soil blizzard put their feet are complaning, every Q&A is someone asking what the hell is going on, while most complains in mop was about "kung fu pandas".

Warlocks had their best era of class design in MOP, they even got a cool ass solo quest to get green fel fire, saying shadowlands class-spec is better t is something i would never expect a warlock player to say.
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2022-03-06 at 11:27 PM.

Are yous erious saying mop is equally in shadowlands in lore?
    No they told you their personal values between the two. Read.
    DRAGONMIRE BINGO
    2024 - 11.0 - The 10th Expansion - The 20th Anniversary of World of Warcraft
    For Azeroth!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Xaxxas View Post
    No they told you their personal values between the two. Read.
    And im asking how he thinks that, read.

And im asking how he thinks that, read.
    you're not asking you're dictating that I must defend what I say otherwise it is to be considered idiotic.

Take the time to ask properly if you want to engage in a conversation