Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    I've heard this claimed before, but I do not get that feeling at all. Is it purely because Anduin's boss fight is so difficult, that people think he was meant to be an end boss and there would have been a follow up raid? What would possibly have served as a 9.3 storyline/content?
    The idea predates the release of 9.2. There's a number of storylines in SL that feel fast-tracked or just abandoned. The Covenant conclusions in 9.1, or the Drust for example.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    The idea predates the release of 9.2. There's a number of storylines in SL that feel fast-tracked or just abandoned. The Covenant conclusions in 9.1, or the Drust for example.
    I could buy that there was a cut early release raid, in the vein of Emerald Nightmare/Uldir, that would have been set in Ardenweald and involved the Drust or similar.

That they wasted all the CGI cinematics on a sad suicidal orc without devoting even just one to N'Zoth, who up to that point was the undisputed main villain of WOW, is criminal and a travesty.

Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax View Post
    The SW fandom and WoW fandom go hand in hand together in the vein of "sheltered teenage boys that assumed them being nerdy was why people didnt like them and grew up and got big mad that their thing is suddenly popular and them being assholes was actually why no one liked them" energy.
    Star Wars only suddenly popular lmao. You really are deluded.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    I could buy that there was a cut early release raid, in the vein of Emerald Nightmare/Uldir, that would have been set in Ardenweald and involved the Drust or similar.
    We‘re missing a middle patch with a mid-expansion raid, not an entry raid. Castle Nathria makes sense as an entry raid as it concludes the Shadowlands base story to that point.

What was definitely rushed is the plot about the sigils and Korthia / follow up to that. They had to put so much stuff into 9.1 that most of it feels unfinished or pretty much has no real build up / storyline leading to it.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    That they wasted all the CGI cinematics on a sad suicidal orc without devoting even just one to N'Zoth, who up to that point was the undisputed main villain of WOW, is criminal and a travesty.
    N'zoth is gone, the void elves are the worst thing about recent WoW lore. Time to let it go. Old gods = permanently gone. Okay? Someone needs to give it to you directly finally. I'm sorry, but that's how it is. Also, Alleria is the worst Windrunner sister (and that's a heavy thing to say considering how trash Sylvanas is). At least Sylvanas is relevant.

Let it go, you will feel better. Just let it go.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon ANX View Post
    File ID: 4279702 - 11,912 KB - 25 sec ( ??? )
    File ID: 4279707 - 24,853 KB - 51 sec ( ??? )
    File ID: 4279697 - 39,553 KB - 1:23 min ( ??? )
    File ID: 4279692 - 78,380 KB - 2:42 min (Anduin Cinematic)

The 1:23 is probably the raid finale cinematic, it feels kinda short...
    They can always pull a BFA and have sub minute end cinematic supplemented by janky as fuck cutscene...

Quote Originally Posted by Vasoka View Post
    N'zoth is gone, the void elves are the worst thing about recent WoW lore. Time to let it go. Old gods = permanently gone. Okay? Someone needs to give it to you directly finally. I'm sorry, but that's how it is. Also, Alleria is the worst Windrunner sister (and that's a heavy thing to say considering how trash Sylvanas is). At least Sylvanas is relevant.

You have no idea what you have unleashed with this post.

Apart from that: there was definitely a 9.3 planned. There were "Ardenweald raid [PH]" items datamined. Tazavesh is so large, it could have been a zone and dungeon at the same time (like Mechagon). 9.2 Would have been anduin endboss and then 9.3 with ZM and Jailer last boss.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    They can always pull a BFA and have sub minute end cinematic supplemented by janky as fuck cutscene...
    I mean the 25 sec and 51 could also be epilogue cinematics that give some more. 1:23 for just "seeing the boss die" seems fine.

Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    There were "Ardenweald raid [PH]" items datamined.
    Pretty sure those were just items you got from turning in Castle Nathria raid tokens to Night Fae vendors.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    everyone prepared for one minute of sylvanas?
    no please no, no more Sylvanas
    unless it is her being executed, or sacrifying herself, whatever, I'm so sick of her

3+ Year Old Account

I've already done this with Zandalari/trolls have any sort of development, and Bwonsamdi being relevant. The story for them is only going to worsen

- - - Updated - - -

Uhh.. Not sure if I feel better though. I'm kinda sad
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

7+ Year Old Account
    The cinematic is just as long as the cataclysm one.

Formerly known as Arafal

The avatar matches the personality to be honest.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LemonDemonGirl View Post
    Venthyr just seem too ugly to have people play them. I could see undead elves though
    It might seem like that, but I have seen nothing but love for thease vampires to become playable and they are more unique then san layn. I dont mind either, but venthyr seem like a better option.

It was kinda the discussion before.. sanlayn are elves with bat ears and venthyr(nee model and animations) a full vampires. I had hoped we would get some san layn link in the shadowlands, so that blood curse wouldnt be so random from icc. Sadly nothing was explained.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2022-03-07 at 10:57 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian View Post
    no please no, no more Sylvanas
    unless it is her being executed, or sacrifying herself, whatever, I'm so sick of her
    like, i can't confirm, but im almost sure every shadowlands big cinematic despite the castle natandria have sylvanas as pivotal point on it, so yeah, no way she isn't on it, and just like anduin cinematic i assume she will rob this one as well.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    The avatar matches the personality to be honest.
    He is kinda right... you know.

It was just part of the bachlash I would imagine, when your favorite lore person said he might not be fully gone. Where you went full rp on this and make it seem like hes just waiting again for another shot and brewing.

The truth is he wont for many years.. best shot is getting c'thong back in the game for a patch. Just like death theme wont return anytime soon after SL.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, Sylvanas started the Shadowlands, she'll end it.

Looked at the last few still encrypted cinematics:

1:23 min (4279697) - Jailer Finale
    0:51 min (4279707) - Jailer Pre-scene
    0:25 min (4279702) - Pelagos becomes arbiter

So kinda neat we'll likely see a cinematic before and after the Jailer fight.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post

wait, pelagos has a cinematic? I thought it was cutscene
    Then the storm broke, and the dragons danced.

1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post

One. More. Day! Super excited to see what happens tomorrow.