Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    I don't mean to ruin anybody's fun with speculating, but the entire thing feels like BS. HOWEVER... I will say, Tinkers being potentially added into a Dragon expansion will make @Teriz very happy, which would be fun to see.
    Agreed. I would find Tinkers hilarious just because of the sheer shitshow that would ensue on this forum and the sight of a vindicated Teriz surely being amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    Agreed. I would find Tinkers hilarious just because of the sheer shitshow that would ensue on this forum and the sight of a vindicated Teriz surely being amazing.
    After Demon Hunters got announced, Teriz deserves a redemption/vengeance arc

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Yep, multiple micro classes are pure nonsense. If Blizzard would go this way, they would spread it over multiple expansions.

In general adding new class is even worse than adding pernament new spells. Quick hype on start that will fade away, new burden to carry to end of game (because you can cut spells, but you can't cut class in the future, it will be main for some people). That's why I'm so pro more wild class skins option, it's almost all pros without any cons (beside some annoyance for people making guides, but min-maxers can always stick to base classes while theorycrafting).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Izalla View Post
    I was thinking that too. People seem to forget that the black dragonflight was the flight of the earth and deep places. Lava, rocks, all that crap. Just because they got corrupted into the "bad dragons" (ahem, that was not a reference to a well known website) doesn't mean they are the dumping ground for just the dark and shady classes. There is a reason shaman Thrall was the stand in black aspect in Cata.

This made me laugh and feel self conscious as I do this too and currently am doing this (though with way less pages right now!)
    I have 25 pages to catch up on. 50 if you count 20 posts per page.

I don’t support any actions where Teriz gets to be right for any reason, but I’m also not opposed to Tinkers. It’s a conundrum.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Izalla View Post
    The love for the vanilla and TBC sets still to this day (TBC especially) says a lot for sets that are more simplistic and focused in theme and with good colours that aren't washed out or gross palettes (besides when they are supposed to be like the rogue geist set from ICC). The sets that are washed out greys and browns with the dullest of "colour pops" or overloaded with too many assets are better for using individual pieces in my own more simplistic transmogs I find.
    Yeah, I like colorful thematic sets. Wrath sets and to a point the Sepulcher sets are all very similar and boring.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    I am so HYPED, if that Dragonflight leak ends up being true OMG Minstrels! I can't believe I take two days off with the bf and that's when the leak happens, remind me to do that next leak season so you guys can get lucky
    We got lucky while you were getting lucky.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    After Demon Hunters got announced, Teriz deserves a redemption/vengeance arc
    But we gotta appreciate the fact that he happened to be on a vaycay when the leak occurred.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2022-04-04 at 05:50 AM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokubas View Post
    I'm humoring it because Dragonflight on its own, unfortunately, doesn't really give us anything new to talk about. Expecting a dragon expansion was already the primary assumption for the past few months. ;P

Although, it would be awkward if it turns out this Dragonflight website data was intended to be an April Fool's Joke because everyone was assuming a dragon expansion, but they backed out of the joke without removing the reference, only to now reinforce that assumption.
    Oh my, people already set themselves up for disapointment before, but now it would be even worse. That would be an epic blunder. :P
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Yeah, I like colorful thematic sets. Wrath sets and to a point the Sepulcher sets are all very similar and boring.

- - - Updated - - -

We got lucky while you were getting lucky.
    *cries in revamped tears* T-T

Also, all these talks of Alexstrasza, and here I am forgetting to post that classic Speculation Thread gif...

"When a new Supreme Waifu rises, the old one fades away."

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    But we gotta appreciate the fat that he happened to be on a vaycay when the leak occurred.
    A true blessing from the God of Leaks.

so the dragonflight leak is being seen as more possible because it guessed the name right

EoA has more stuff going for it and was posted around the same time

Blizzard released the name on a fake thread but the real features via a misnamed thread because jimmy and Bobby both wanted some leak credit

Quote Originally Posted by Totally Not Dragons View Post
    so the dragonflight leak is being seen as more possible because it guessed the name right

Blizzard released the name on a fake thread but the real features via a misnamed thread because jimmy and Bobby both wanted some leak credit
    I don't know, a part of me is still buying that Dragonflight leak, especially the whole Balor and proto-demons thing

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    Very interesting, there are no changes to any skybox related things in 9.2.5 which is why this surprises me. Maybe they can change these from the server end of things now by settings a certain weather type for a zone? Hmm.
    Could it not just be a bug considering its so close to Arathi?

- - - Updated - - -

Exactly, and they've been tiptoeing around with things that were added and were clearly bringing new HD models for older buildings. The Darkshore NE buildings which never used, the portal rooms being very HD, the Human buildings, most of the old world creatures being revamped progressively (like, I'm sorry, but quilboars in KT made no sense other than "OK quilboars need to be updated for our world revamp project, let's used them in KT too, two birds one stone).

I am now convinced the Lordaeron shield dropping from Mal'Ganis is this expansion's Suramar cloak. We're gonna see either a Northern EK revamp + Dragon Isles, and other continents revamped through patches/expansions (living world mechanic of campaign taking place progressively on Azeroth?) OR a full world revamp + one zone being the Dragon Isles.
    Honestly they could do a small 2-3 zones continent like Kultiras or Zandalar and revamp the world too. End game content mostly in the new zones. Maybe only 1 of the zones is required for a very fast level up experience.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonflighters View Post
    Marlamin can you confirm if that skybox is the same as Arathi's? I think it's just Arathi's skybox bleeding into Hillsbrad/Wetlands/Hinterlands.
    <Thats what I was guessing too.

I don't know, a part of me is still buying that Dragonflight leak, especially the whole Balor and proto-demons thing
    proto demons would mean w have some tie to fighting the forces of disorder in the core of azeroth which hasnt even been hinted at

proto demons would mean w have some tie to fighting the forces of disorder in the core of azeroth which hasnt even been hinted at
    Reposting this from the Speculation Thread, regarding Balor being mentioned in this leak:

Something that I find particularly interesting about the Dragonflight leak:

"Balor. Halfling race dealing with primordial fel enemies (think proto-demons, like what the Shadowlands creatures are to undead)."

Whereas Balor is another classic zone we have yet to explore, the mention of a halfling race is particularly interesting... especially since they are fighting proto-demons.

In the Irish mythology, Balor is the king of the Fomorians, a group of creatures describe as hideous (sometimes demonic) giants, warriors of chaos and destruction.

Now, we have yet to have an Ireland-inspired zone in the game (Kul'Tiras doesn't dive too much into the Celtic aspect of the Irish culture), and Blizzard has a history of copy-pasting real life mythology into the game, twisting it only a little.

So, the island of Balor being home to halflings (tall humans? small ettins? something else?) fighting giant proto-demons (mirroring Zereth Mortis proto death creatures?) is something I could see.

I will also point out that in the Irish mythology, Ethniu, also referred to as Ethlinn, is the daugther of Balor.

Now, that could be the missing link to the origins of Ettins (and also connect with their links to the Twilight Hammer and Twilight dragons).

https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Ettin

And to finally complete my Ettin saga, Wowpedia states the following:

• According to Brann Bronzebeard, there is enough fossil evidence to theorize that the ettins evolved from ogres, but he suspects there might be a "missing link". Any fossil evidence was likely lost when Draenor was torn apart.[6]
    • Drugon the Frostblood's dungeon journal entry goes against this, as it states that Drugon has been living in Highmountain for several ages before the Dark Portal even opened.[citation needed] [7] It is unknown if this is a simple error or a retcon of the ettins' origins.
    • Chronicle Volume 2 does not mention ettins when going into detail about the lineage of the ogres. However, it also does not mention goren despite their proven association with the Breakers.

Which means Brann's theory about Ettins coming from ogres has been proven wrong, and this "partial" retcon might have been set up... in preparation for Balor, and the missing evolutionnary link of Ettins.

I think this is it guys, this is THE leak
    This is why I think the leak is genuine, the mention of Balor, halflings and proto-demons lines up with everything, especially the missing Ettins link which was retconned in Legion. It might be me reaching though

It’s not just the name… it’s the name in conjunction with getting some zones right that didn’t see any activity until later when the 9.2.5 PTR was released. If it didn’t include the micro-class thing I think it would be widely considered the most likely to be right.

5+ Year Old Account
    I got bored after reading several pages of larpception. Was there anything new?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rae888 View Post
    It’s not just the name… it’s the name in conjunction with getting some zones right that didn’t see any activity until later when the 9.2.5 PTR was released. If it didn’t include the micro-class thing I think it would be widely considered the most likely to be right.
    It's still considered the most likely to be right. It's just 5-10% is the most likely. To be fair stupid sounding systems don't invalidate the leak. Blizz isn't above making dumb choices.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feali View Post
    The right music can be quite healing

- - - Updated - - -

It's good to be back <3 Honestly just testing the waters if it might be worth subscribing again maybe come autumn.
    Oh honey the expansion isn't coming this fall. Most likely spring 2023.

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    I got bored after reading several pages of larpception. Was there anything new?

- - - Updated - - -

It's still considered the most likely to be right. It's just 5-10% is the most likely. To be fair stupid sounding systems don't invalidate the leak. Blizz isn't above making dumb choices.
    Nothing new no, mainly shitposting

10+ Year Old Account
    Interesting thing post #2: Balor is a REAL LOCATION and not some OC thing.

https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Balor

Balor was a domain of the Kingdom of Azeroth located to the west of Stormwind. It was taken by the Old Horde during the First War, and held by the Stormreaver clan during the Second War.[1] Its current fate is unknown.

Looks like it is an island to the West of Stormwind, and Blizzard kept it out of Chronicle because they were unsure where it was, so it was on their mind.. That is a pretty deep cut for a random leak.

Very nice. Adds some credence to that leak, I think.
    New pvp zone maybe?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Feali View Post
    I don't think we will see another truly new race with allied races being a thing. Unfortunately.
    Eh, Idk about that. They said in bfa that it was just a feature, but that it didn't mean the end of traditional races.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually, the big thing I don't like about Dragonflight text leak? Dalaran capital AGAIN.

Yes, it's lazy, so it's something they would do. But that's the stickler for me. Unless there is a revamp in which case it's not really THE capital city, just one of them.
    Werent their new Dal textures in 9.2.5 somewhere, or did I dream that? I swear someone said there were.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kohtra View Post
    MrGM is saying there are Dalaran texture updates on the PTR... Leak does mention Dalaran as the main hub...

https://twitter.com/MrGMYT/status/1510629899433914376
    Well there is what I was talking about haha

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    New pvp zone maybe?

- - - Updated - - -

Eh, Idk about that. They said in bfa that it was just a feature, but that it didn't mean the end of traditional races.

- - - Updated - - -

Werent their new Dal textures in 9.2.5 somewhere, or did I dream that? I swear someone said there were.

- - - Updated - - -

Well there is what I was talking about haha
    Northrend Dalaran textures as confirmed by Marla, yes