Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    I mean none of them have any credibility. They all just 1-2 weeks ago were making videos on how EoA was confirmed.
    It’s just annoying because it leads to people saying the leak thread is legit because belland said it is

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I guess Diablo IV is planned for Christmas '23 period (so October or November) and Dragonflight for Spring/Summer.

I still count more on Summer, have lot of good memories from BfA, Legion (and even early Classic), it will be far easier to get free time for many people. Also I want them to be sure regular patches will follow, in hindsight it's far better to have one long gap at the end than 8 months between every patch.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    If they made a custom skybox that showed Azeroth below us, then it could look amazing. But if we're just floating in a sea of clouds with no way to actually tell that we're back on Azeroth, it might give me too many Shadowlands flashbacks.

That said, I'd still be okay with it as it's better than recycling the "wow, new islands suddenly appeared and we never saw them before, wow" trope that they've been doing since forever.

If the islands were floating somewhere high up in the sky, it would be an infinitely better explanation for why ships have never been able to find their way there. Of course they wouldn't find anything in the oceans if the islands were always several thousand feet above their heads!
    I think it would be quite nice if it was sky islands off the coast of Lordaeron so we get some north western Lordaeron zone (above the plaguelands) as a ground zone connecting to the dragon isles so we can finally finish the Eastern Kingdom maps and not just have islands just floating in the sea with nothing but water below.
    I just think Ebonhorn is quite neat.

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    That's not what that term means.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    . . . . those are the rebels who opposed the destruction. The ones who did the destruction are mostly blood elves and nightborne.
    Aaaand the above is my answer as to why the term applies.

It's either that or trolling. Take your pick, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    I mean, the Shadowlands "leaks" were way more interesting than what we ended up getting.
    In fairness, basically anything would've been. I guess the four main houses were interesting but they were irrelevant to the Sylvanas-Anduin main tumor.
    Last edited by Vakir; 2022-04-04 at 08:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiivar86 View Post
    Wouldn't it be Zereth Vitae, for Life? Lumen is Light, after all.

And all that besides, it seems the Zereths would be elsewhere than on Azeroth, like Zereth Mortis was.
    Ahh yeah that's what I meant

I can appreciate all kinds of story paths they want to go down but I refuse to participate in the Tyrande Pity Party. I'm not justifying genocide so much as we're apparently working backwards on acknowledging genocide in this setting & Tyrande as Azeroth's first colonizer© has yet to take credit for that.

"I'm Sylvanas & I take credit for my actions" Yes, delicious. Chef's kiss.

"You might say genocide is never justifiable but what about in retaliation to displacing & destroying troll culture over thousands of years" Well now that's a spicy meatball.
    Yeah because Sylvanas did it for the poor trolls and not because she saw the ends justifying the means

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    I guess Diablo IV is planned for Christmas '23 period (so October or November) and Dragonflight for Spring/Summer.

I still count more on Summer, have lot of good memories from BfA, Legion (and even early Classic), it will be far easier to get free time for many people. Also I want them to be sure regular patches will follow, in hindsight it's far better to have one long gap at the end than 8 months between every patch.
    They wouldn’t launch it in summer because they want to get as much money as possible and many ppl disappear in the summer

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    Same. As I've said many times, I actually am into the whole "geometry" shtick because Catholic Theology. However, I think that we should keep the focus of the story on Azeroth—I can't stand going from place-to-place killing another Super-Satan that's bland as glue. The banality of evil is a fun theme, but only when it's intentional, and I can't stand to hear another giant guy with a deep voice explain how this was actually all his super-elaborate plan all along.
    Allow me to introduce you to the main antagonist of 10.0: Dra'gon the Everburning.

- Twenty feet tall.
    - Uses the default human male skeleton.
    - Has very cool dragon horns.
    - Constantly on fire for inexplicable reasons.
    - Walks around menacingly talking in a voice so deep that fortunately most headphones can't even produce the sound.

Throughout the expansion he will utter memorable and unique quotes such as:

"I will remake this world in flame!"

"Enough, mortals..."

"Nothing escapes the Hellflame Tower of Dragondeath..."

And when he finally dies his "tragic" and "emotional" death, he turns up to look at Alexstrasza and says, "A Dragonflight divided... Will never stand against Anduin the Darkener and Sylvanas the Returner in 12.0... Agh... I'm dead now..."

5+ Year Old Account
    If they made a custom skybox that showed Azeroth below us, then it could look amazing. But if we're just floating in a sea of clouds with no way to actually tell that we're back on Azeroth, it might give me too many Shadowlands flashbacks.

That said, I'd still be okay with it as it's better than recycling the "wow, new islands suddenly appeared and we never saw them before, wow" trope that they've been doing since forever.

If the islands were floating somewhere high up in the sky, it would be an infinitely better explanation for why ships have never been able to find their way there. Of course they wouldn't find anything in the oceans if the islands were always several thousand feet above their heads!

I would only like them being in the air if when you jumped off an island for whatever reason, instead of auto-dying or a loading screen there was a small animation followed by your character free-falling at max height back to the ground. Bonus points if the zone it loaded you into was a major city.

Yes, I would like to see random people occasionally falling to their death to break up the monotony of Auction House pvp.
    Honorary member of the Baine Fanclub, the only member really.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakir View Post
    Aaaand the above is my answer as to why the term applies.

It's either that or trolling. Take your pick, I guess.
    Ersula is a strong "do not engage". I highly doubt anyone is going to unironically claim that genocide is acceptable on the condition that the race you're committing genocide against did fairly minor and bloodless colonialism in the past.

- - - Updated - - -

Allow me to introduce you to the main antagonist of 10.0: Dra'gon the Everburning.

- Twenty feet tall.
    - Uses the default human male skeleton.
    - Has very cool dragon horns.
    - Constantly on fire for inexplicable reasons.
    - Walks around menacingly talking in a voice so deep that fortunately most headphones can't even produce the sound.

Throughout the expansion he will utter memorable and unique quotes such as:

"I will remake this world in flame!"

"Enough, mortals..."

"Nothing escapes the Hellflame Tower of Dragondeath..."

And when he finally dies his "tragic" and "emotional" death, he turns up to look at Alexstrasza and says, "A Dragonflight divided... Will never stand against Anduin the Darkener and Sylvanas the Returner in 12.0... Agh... I'm dead now..."
    Oh, how accurate. How sadly accurate.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Imagine if Blizzard was reading this thread and sweating as they realize their idea of the Dragon Isles is not even close to any of the wild, outlandish theories people come up with on the forums.
    Welcome to the forums. Its been like this for ever.
    People come with all kinds of cool ideas and hoping for a twist NO ONE saw coming, in reality its always the short road, obvious outcome. Remember its still a 12+ game that kids play with their parents. Lets make it available and readable with that in mind. Sylvanas and the tree is the best example here as it is the most recent. It was just her.. in the end The forums though there was more to it.

But yea if blizz saw these forums with these, I think many employees will be like .. shit ye thats a good idea.
    I wonder what they thought with shadowlands when looming here. Shit no necromancer, shit no dark ranger, shit no frostmourne transmog, shit no jailer story...
    Last edited by Alanar; 2022-04-04 at 08:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    People come with all kinds of cool ideas and hoping for a twist NO ONE saw coming, in reality its always the short road, obvious outcome. Sylvanas and the tree is the best example here as it is the most recent.
    The tree is a bad example, since we were overtly told that there's more going on there than we think. But... nope. Honestly, I'm not even sure that they had a good plan for what the fallout would be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Santandame View Post
    This has to be Razorpax.

Or bigger plot twist, its the return of RDA.
    Omg I forgot about him.

If the dragon isles aren't floating in the sky I will be severely disappointed

Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    Ersula is a strong "do not engage". I highly doubt anyone is going to unironically claim that genocide is acceptable on the condition that the race you're committing genocide against did fairly minor and bloodless colonialism in the past.
    You're right. It's just absolutely baffling. Even if you take it in the most batshit insane radical terms the dark trolls literally were mutated to the very same group trying to harmonize with nature, with the entire colonization and empire side of the culture being directly at odds with who we're talking about.

I can deal with weird obsessions with Void Elves and Tinkers but direct denial of reality makes my brain leak.

Quote Originally Posted by Therougetitan View Post
    If the dragon isles aren't floating in the sky I will be severely disappointed
    The bottom skybox of the face of Azeroth being visible below, almost like reverse Argus, was such a dope idea.

Imagine if they had no actual direct location and as the zones "move" you always passed over different parts of any given continent.
    Last edited by Vakir; 2022-04-04 at 08:19 PM.

You're right. It's just absolutely baffling. Even if you take it in the most batshit insane radical terms the dark trolls literally were mutated to the same group trying to harmonize with nature, with the entire colonization and empire side of the culture being directly at odds with who we're talking about.

I can deal with weird obsessions with Void Elves and Tinkers but direct denial of reality makes my brain leak.
    You don't understand, Hitler was just trying to avenge French colonialism in Africa when he invaded them! The Fr*nch had it coming! /s

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draugril View Post
    The tree is a bad example, since we were overtly told that there's more going on there than we think. But... nope. Honestly, I'm not even sure that they had a good plan for what the fallout would be.
    But, with that it makes it a perfect example. Everyone though there was more to it.. overthinking it like hell, when it was just sylvanas. I mean there is really no other explanation. It was stupid I agree, but it was just the wild theories that started the whole thing.

I dont remember that we were told anything about, besides trying to be really mysterious the whole time with Sylvanas, which just ended up being more vague then mysterious, but what ever.

I mean correct me if I am wrong, I was there, but I dont remember while thinking about it, that there was any reason to believe that in the first place..
    Last edited by Alanar; 2022-04-04 at 08:25 PM.

You're right. It's just absolutely baffling. Even if you take it in the most batshit insane radical terms the dark trolls literally were mutated to the very same group trying to harmonize with nature, with the entire colonization and empire side of the culture being directly at odds with who we're talking about.

The bottom skybox of the face of Azeroth being visible below, almost like reverse Argus, was such a dope idea.

Imagine if they had no actual direct location and as the zones "move" you always passed over different parts of any given continent.
    I could see that being pretty amazing—might be a bit of a drag on resources unless they do it very well, though. I could see it looking very cool and helping to "ground" an expansion that is literally not on the ground.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Totally Not Dragons View Post
    They wouldn’t launch it in summer because they want to get as much money as possible and many ppl disappear in the summer
    2021: TBC Classic, 9.1
    2019: Classic
    2018: BfA
    2017: Tomb of Sargeras, 7.3
    2016: Legion
    2015: 6.2

Yep, totally summer is out of picture for releases.

I can appreciate all kinds of story paths they want to go down but I refuse to participate in the Tyrande Pity Party. I'm not justifying genocide so much as we're apparently working backwards on acknowledging genocide in this setting & Tyrande as Azeroth's first colonizer© has yet to take credit for that.

"I'm Sylvanas & I take credit for my actions" Yes, delicious. Chef's kiss.

"You might say genocide is never justifiable but what about in retaliation to displacing & destroying troll culture over thousands of years" Well now that's a spicy meatball.
    Spicy indeed, but also so very wrong.

Mind you, not that Tyrande and Malfurion didn't preserve the status quo, but it's also evident that was inherited from the Kaldorei Empire and Azshara's expansionism, who does more rightly deserve the "Azeroth's First Colonizer" title... arguably.

Because we can't be that naive to think the Troll Empire expanded over unoccupied, pristine lands. They are as likely to just have done a better job at erasing any evidence of whomever lived in those places before.

(also the fact that the High Elves just wholesale transponded, and preserved, that status quo to Quel'thalas and the Amani is just, lol. Elves sure do love displacing native populations)

Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    Spicy indeed, but also so very wrong.

Mind you, not that Tyrande and Malfurion didn't preserve the status quo, but it's also evident that was inherited from the Kaldorei Empire and Azshara's expansionism, who does more rightly deserve the "Azeroth's First Colonizer" title... arguably.

Because we can't be that naive to think the Troll Empire expanded over unoccupied, pristine lands. They are as likely to just have done a better job at erasing any evidence of whomever lived in those places before.
    Do not engage.