The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    Also... His tweet has a cat emote! The implications behind this subtle hint are MEOWSIVE!

https://i.redd.it/yybn4jkn48w71.png[/IMG]

I hate that I typed this.
    Big new feature of 10.0, a brand new cash shop UI for all the new types of items coming to the cash shop.

And a new in-game marketplace where you can see them live in game.

We're just full on Archeage now.

/s

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fiercelord View Post
    It could as well be a new Glpyh/Class skin and powers customization Tab like other tabs.
    Or a new talent system that looks like the old glyphs. (listen I know it isn't coming but this is my hopium for 10.0)
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edoll View Post
    I agree with you that classes always tie strongly into the theme of the expansion, but honestly, anything can fit any expansion.

For Bards, base them on First One tech/magic that uses songs and harmonies. Say we need this new technology to access the Dragon Isles and center the Dragon Isles around First One tech and lore.
    I'm not saying it doesn't make sense, but I want us to get as far away as possible from any of the First Ones sci-fi space garbage in 10.0. I wouldn't want them to add an entire class that serves as a constant reminder of the shit show that SL was.

I expect some light spells I have as a Shadow Priest to become customizable and make them purple

Such as Power Word: Shield. I want it to be purple so bad!!

WoW with metaverse integration

Quote Originally Posted by Local Ardenweald Faerie View Post
    Hoping the rumors of Dalaran returning only to get sacked is true, and Quel'thalas/Lordaeron are our gateways into the Isles with new hub cities.
    Dalaran crashing would be pretty awesome, ngl. I'd love that quel'thalas/lordaeron idea

Quote Originally Posted by Edoll View Post
    I agree with you that classes always tie strongly into the theme of the expansion, but honestly, anything can fit any expansion.

For Bards, base them on First One tech/magic that uses songs and harmonies. Say we need this new technology to access the Dragon Isles and center the Dragon Isles around First One tech and lore.
    I don't think that's enough. It's never a subtle connection or a stretch, or even only connects to a small part of it—it always is both transparent and extreme. An example is Death Knights for WotLK—they connected strongly to the central enemy (the Scourge), the location thematically (Northrend), the main villain (The Lich King, who was a Death Knight for a time as Arthas), as well as having a strong lore connection to the setting that makes them lead the vanguard into Northrend. Same with Legion—Demon Hunters connected strongly to the central enemy (the Legion), the central thematic magical power, the central character (Illidan), as well as having strong connections to the setting due to half of their population being Night Elves. Monks even connected along these general lines—they strongly connected to the central people of the land (the Pandaren), had their origins strongly in the setting, reflected a major character (Chen Stormstout), as well as strong connections to the setting which would specifically tie them into it unequivocally. Every class is a production that has a strong identity which is unequivocally unable to be divorced from the expansion's themes and will be its mark going forward on the story.

Even if Bards had a connection to the First Ones, it wouldn't be enough—unless the expansion were wholly, centrally themed around the motif of music and they connected in just about every level to the setting perfectly they wouldn't work, and even then I can't see them working out well with this because of how distant the connection is.

I hope alot of improvements to the Character Creation screen.
    It feels so bad compared to the old one imo.

7+ Year Old Account
    So, it's either Housing.
    Something else entirely.
    Or Class skins.

Though, unless they are doing something particularly interesting with class skins i don't see why that would require an extensive UI that requires months of work.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by SniperCT View Post
    Dalaran crashing would be pretty awesome, ngl. I'd love that quel'thalas/lordaeron idea
    I could see a raid set in the ruins of a crashed Dalaran, too—having to go around and put down all the monsters escaping from the depths of the Violet Hold and whathaveyou.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypester View Post
    Found something cool on twitter. Someone zoomed in on the Brill map on 9.2.5...

t witter.com/keyboardturn/status/1511076990316548102/photo/1

The middle structure is the old inn model, but the right structure seems to have HD textures for the wood paneling and ceiling that's being built.

Revamp for Forsaken stuff incoming?
    Perhaps we the players will be responsible for rebuilding Brill. Perhaps Horde will be actively building & defending Brill & Silvermoon while the Alliance will have Gilneas & wherever the Night Elves decide to live.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    So, it's either Housing.
    Something else entirely.
    Or Class skins.

Though, unless they are doing something particularly interesting with class skins i don't see why that would require an extensive UI that requires months of work.
    Realistically I guess it could be a whole load of customization options along with UI improvements for the character customization screen.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

When did the PTR realms go down? Is there actually a high chance of a new build dropping today?

When did the PTR realms go down? Is there actually a high chance of a new build dropping today?
    No clue, I just happened to check a bit ago.

Quote Originally Posted by SniperCT View Post
    I wanted to see that be our way into Icecrown Citadel; Dalaran just yeets itself into the Frozen Throne.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypester View Post
    Found something cool on twitter. Someone zoomed in on the Brill map on 9.2.5...

http://www.twitter.com/keyboardturn/...548102/photo/1

The middle structure is the old inn model, but the right structure seems to have HD textures for the wood paneling and ceiling that's being built.

Revamp for Forsaken stuff incoming?
    I'm confused... I don't see anything new here. But I also haven't played Forsaken for a loooong time so maybe I don't have the best idea of what their architecture looks like.

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    Perhaps we the players will be responsible for rebuilding Brill. Perhaps Horde will be actively building & defending Brill & Silvermoon while the Alliance will have Gilneas & wherever the Night Elves decide to live.
    This is honestly not a bad guess at all. Also there's the workers in Orgrimmar. Blizzard tends to work on one faction at time so it will be interesting if anything for Silvermoon or Thunderbluff pop up on the PTR as well.

Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    I'm confused... I don't see anything new here. But I also haven't played Forsaken for a loooong time so maybe I don't have the best idea of what their architecture looks like.
    There's nothing new in that screenshot, afaik it's all BfA forsaken stuff - I know the scaffolding is, and I'm pretty sure the HD forsaken wood textures are from there as well.

New PTR build inc soon, 9.2.5.43057

1+ Year Old Account
    Zorbrix took a day off of work today, so I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by Baedril View Post
    There's nothing new in that screenshot, afaik it's all BfA forsaken stuff - I know the scaffolding is, and I'm pretty sure the HD forsaken wood textures are from there as well.
    AFAIK the wooden roof is new, as I don’t remember any actual new Forsaken buildings in Bfa. Wasn’t it just the tent and some new fencing?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    This is honestly not a bad guess at all. Also there's the workers in Orgrimmar. Blizzard tends to work on one faction at time so it will be interesting if anything for Silvermoon or Thunderbluff pop up on the PTR as well.
    Where are the new workers in Org?