Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Sure, but we would have the help of the dragons, plus likely khadgar again as well IMO. We haven't truly been on our own with a threat since MoP. Even then we had the Pandaren helping us as well as the Wrathion leggo cloak. We had help in Cata. We had help in Wrath, although I would arguer much less help.
    yeah that is kinda my point right because we will see players say "oh my god we shouldnt be just slaying dragons we fought gods" not taking into account according to the story we lost the god slaying powers

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Imagine how mental it would be if its set 10k years in the past in Ancient Kalimdor. We get to raid and see all the events of the War of the Ancients.
    Tbh if I had a choice for a timewalking campaign in Azeroth's past, my only choice is Troll vs Aqir war. We know much less about everyone involved, possibly all of the Aqir races involved, we'd have the Hunt for Kith'ix, the Siege of Ahn'qiraj and the Conquest of Zul'drak, possibly other races having to deal with the fallout as well

And still think the three Cata dungeons from 4.3 should just have been part of the raid. Cut some of the weaker bosses in Dragon Soul and add insane faction leaders, Murozond, Azshara, Mannoroth, Benedictus? Yes please.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Das Momo View Post
    I kind of pictured The Maw as the perfect place for our 10.0 big bad to escape from but unfortunately that didn't happen.

I think a Light vs. Void expansion would be a big waste since they both could have their own expansions.

The Light has
    1. Yrel and the Lightbound with Xe'ra/Light Mother returning from the AU (Shattrath raid?)
    2. The Scarlet Brotherhood (and in turn their plans for Genn and the worgen)
    3. Calia and Lordaeron, and in turn a crossroads for the Forsaken (Lordaeron raid?)
    4. Turalyon vs. Anduin (Stormwind raid?)
    5. The Sunwell
    6. Elune
    7. More on the Naa'ru in general

Though honestly I expected this to come after BFA since IMO it would be perfect for continuing most of the stories BFA put forth.

The Void has;
    1. Void Lords
    2. Xal'atath
    3. Azshara
    4. The realm of the Void itself
    5. Void elves and Locus-walker
    6. Ethereal + the remains of K'aresh?
    Y'know, It would be fun to see what a 'Void realm' would look like. Would it be all purple, or would there be various colorful nebula clouds, and planets?
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    Yeah. The Broken Isles was just irrelevant. We knew where it was, we just had no reason to go there.
    That being said, as much as I loved finally exploring the Broken Isles and BFA zones, I'd love for an expansion on the other side of Azeroth with a bunch of new continents that were not known before, like Pandaria. It could give us literal years worth of expansions and new lore and zones to explore.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    You appear not to realize the difference between availability and quality. Of course, everybody likes and desires water. However, nobody wants to drink water that is full of waste. Festering water is the concern, not the water in itself.
    There is nothing inherently wrong with the group content. Its just that if offered sheep will always take the path of least resistance.

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    There is nothing inherently wrong with the group content. Its just that if offered sheep will always take the path of least resistance.
    Yeah, when you keep devaluing every person who likes to play the game in a different way than you, your opinion automatically becomes worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Yeah, when you keep devaluing every person who likes to play the game in a different way than you, your opinion automatically becomes worthless.
    How exactly am i doing that? By disagreeing?

Are you so used to people agreeing with you that you treat anything else as people being hostile and toxic?

Have you never had to argue your case?

interesting thing im not sure many have noticed but the neck from xymox taht teleports you has story implications

for example cartel Xy had a ship on draenor before it became outland at least if you go by the wrecked ship and assume it was there before the big boom

then theres also the broker chick that we find early in haven when her beloved is talking to her she was a member of cartel Ai but apparently left/ it was wiped out i dont remember if it was touched upon

now if we knew the hierarchy of these cartels we could figure out how important xymox was and their planet was destroyed so we might be able to assume based on their portal tech that they are from the same planet as the ethereals

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    That being said, as much as I loved finally exploring the Broken Isles and BFA zones, I'd love for an expansion on the other side of Azeroth with a bunch of new continents that were not known before, like Pandaria. It could give us literal years worth of expansions and new lore and zones to explore.
    Vanilla, Wrath, Cata, MoP, Legion, and BfA were all set on Azeroth and we still didn't explore all of this side. If we assume that the other side is just as big it could give us 12-14 years of exploration.

Fuck, there should be a southern side here as well.
    Last edited by Wangming; 2022-04-07 at 07:27 AM.

Now that we're near the end of the leak season what do you guys think:

1. Dragonflight is a mainland expansion with Dragon Isles being the central continent;
    2. Dragonflight is a revamp expansion like Cataclysm, and Dragon Isles is just a zone like Twilight Highlands;
    3. Dragonflight is something new, maybe a mix of the two options above;
    4. Dragonflight is not the next expansion!

Personally, I'm hoping for option 2... for obvious reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Totally Not Dragons View Post
    now if we knew the hierarchy of these cartels we could figure out how important xymox was and their planet was destroyed so we might be able to assume based on their portal tech that they are from the same planet as the ethereals
    I'm not entirely up to speed with the lore, but weren't there many theories that Brokers were just Ethereals who underwent a slightly different transformation? Like, maybe Ethereals were alive when the Void stuff hit them and Brokers died first, but their spirits were hit by these energies before they could be claimed by the Shadowlands, which would explain why we haven't met them before coming here. Or the Brokers were those who actually got devoured by Dimensius. Something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Luck4 View Post
    Now that we're near the end of the leak season what do you guys think:

1. Dragonflight is a mainland expansion with Dragon Isles being the central continent;
    2. Dragonflight is a revamp expansion like Cataclysm, and Dragon Isles is just a zone like Twilight Highlands;
    3. Dragonflight is something new, maybe a mix of the two options above;
    4. Dragonflight is not the next expansion!

Personally, I'm hoping for option 2... for obvious reasons.

A few revamped zones with dragon isle zones

Now if I was designing it I would have leveling take place in 4 revamped zones and dragon isles the max level zones with more zones unlocked there with patches

10+ Year Old Account
    Tbh if I had a choice for a timewalking campaign in Azeroth's past, my only choice is Troll vs Aqir war. We know much less about everyone involved, possibly all of the Aqir races involved, we'd have the Hunt for Kith'ix, the Siege of Ahn'qiraj and the Conquest of Zul'drak, possibly other races having to deal with the fallout as well

And still think the three Cata dungeons from 4.3 should just have been part of the raid. Cut some of the weaker bosses in Dragon Soul and add insane faction leaders, Murozond, Azshara, Mannoroth, Benedictus? Yes please.
    Should have only been 2 dungeons. Cut 2 of the weaker bosses in Dragon Soul. 5 boss Well of Eternity Raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    I'm not entirely up to speed with the lore, but weren't there many theories that Brokers were just Ethereals who underwent a slightly different transformation? Like, maybe Ethereals were alive when the Void stuff hit them and Brokers died first, but their spirits were hit by these energies before they could be claimed by the Shadowlands, which would explain why we haven't met them before coming here. Or the Brokers were those who actually got devoured by Dimensius. Something like that.
    It seems like, according to in game hints and story, the brokers got away before their planet got messed up and created what we now know as ethereals

Think of it like Jurassic park
    One group left the island and the others didn’t and died

Now if I was designing it I would have leveling take place in 4 revamped zones and dragon isles the max level zones with more zones unlocked there with patches
    Which zones do you think are getting revamped?

5+ Year Old Account

I know I kinda speak against myself as I was the one who pointed out how small the original Dragon Isles are, but if they are indeed doing it, I hope they are the size of Pandaria or close to it.
    Give me:
    - A more serious version of Ul'dum
    - A partially submerged zone with the temples for the OG Dragon isles concept.
    - A primordial wild jungle like Un'goro on steroids.
    - A creepy marshland
    - An Emerald Dream esque enchanted forest
    - An icy highland
    - A fiery field of ash at the foot of an active volcano
    - An Ulduar sized working, not hostile Titan facility.

As for revamps? Lordaeron, Gilneas and Quel'Thas. They really need it.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I seriously doubt about revamp now. Imo it would be only landmass of expac and I can't imagine Dragonflight without Dragon Isles as full continent.

Unless whole revamp will be just changing textures and models without touching quests. In that case sure why not.

It's uncanny that the end raid of the expansion is a pile of reused assets, some reused twice given they were also in that Thrall dungeon, and half-considered boss concepts while Well of Eternity and Endtime both have at least reskins if not outright unique assets.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    I seriously doubt about revamp now. Imo it would be only landmass of expac and I can't imagine Dragonflight without Dragon Isles as full continent.

Unless whole revamp will be just changing textures and models without touching quests. In that case sure why not.
    Tbf, I also believe that a full world revamp isn't coming, but I'm hoping for at least a full revamp of the north segment of the Eastern Kingdoms (everything that's above Wetlands).

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Luck4 View Post
    Tbf, I also believe that a full world revamp isn't coming, but I'm hoping for at least a full revamp of the north segment of the Eastern Kingdoms (everything that's above Wetlands).
    I still believe for revamp some day, I just don't think it will be now with that name leak.

And yeah, with SL leveling changes their hands are not tied, any part of world could be revamped, old version would be just another option for Chromie.