Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    Do you really want to pretend there is a major difference between: "Too stupid to understand the story" and "Ignorant of what the story actually about is"?
    Yes, because not understanding something and not knowing something are two completely different matters. And not "what the story is about". They're ignorant of what the story is. I.e. they don't know the story proper, their complaints are just based on some random bits they snapped up.

For that matter, this lack has nothing to do with the story being to hard for them to understand (because it really isn't that complex) and a lot with them not bothering to even check what it is.
    Last edited by huth; 2022-04-12 at 02:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by musicallittle1 View Post
    I think the majority of people who don't want spoilers can easily avoid them. I don't watch YouTube or twitch, and stay out of trade chat if I'm not in the mood to see spoilers. Just stay away from it if you really don't want to see it. I'm kinda old, so I'm probably not the best person to judge how to avoid stuff because for me it's as simple as not going to wowhead, here or the forums for a bit. I can understand that it's harder for other people.
    I tend to avoid spoilers and I still got spoiled a couple of times on wowhead just by glancing at the screen while researching for an item, my eyes caught the name of the article that was something along the lines of "Four horsemen attack on the chapel of light scenario". They are the worst in the journalistic world.

A few days ago someone in this topic shared his discovery when looking into the js files on the official website and catching the name DragonFlight. Of course wowhead made an article about this but never once cited mmo-champion forums or the post in which he detailed how he caught of this...

Quote Originally Posted by Rae888 View Post
    It could be that you get the collector's edition/digital deluxe items immediately, but you have to wait for 9.2.5 to get any potential new race/class skin/whatever. I'm pretty sure that's what happened with allied races... preorder unlocked them but we had to wait for a patch to get them in game.
    Think it was the same for DH in WoD. You could get the pre-order bonuses like the mount, but had to wait until later to get the DHs.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Know what, release date? Depend if pre-order will be available next week or rather after 9.2.5 (if encrypted Tirisfal files are indeed for pre-order stuff). With pre-order we will know at least season of release.

Imo it will be spring or summer, so we will see 'before 21st June' or 'before 23rd September' dates. 2022 is obviously out of picture, they would have a)start Alpha this month b)cancel season 4.
    Pre-order should start in 19th april.

Unless the Tirisfal thing is super super spoilers on tier with 8.2.5, its probably related to preorder bonus. They did the same thing with Bolvars AR DK throne being encrypted until the preorder bonus was released.

Could be Darkfallen AR, a Dark Ranger skin or both. Seeing as the Dark Ranger questline is hunter only it could be both of these?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    Lack of presence for them? All major dragons have had the same lack of presence as Wrathion (since BfA) EXCEPT Nozdormu who hasn't been referenced since Cata.
    My insider said that we will fight against iconic villain. Who would that be, she does not know

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowlands-is-fake View Post
    Eugh, just realised we'll have post-announcement blues in a week. That time after the announcement when you've gone through the news, videos and blog posts a million times, realise you're in for a long wait, and the magic of the unknown fades.

It passes when alpha begins and you get to soak in all the models, icons, music, etc., and when it's time to plan your big adventure on a new continent.

But yeah.

Anyway, let's get hype!!
    That's true. Definitely the worst time to play when you have to go back to the current zone you are alreadyy kinda done with and just sit and think about how long it is until you get to actually gather the new mounts and transmog, or clear the cool new dungeons and raids.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by feniela View Post
    My insider said that we will fight against iconic villain. Who would that be, she does not know
    pss, she told me who it's gonna be :
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    That's true. Definitely the worst time to play when you have to go back to the current zone you are alreadyy kinda done with and just sit and think about how long it is until you get to actually gather the new mounts and transmog, or clear the cool new dungeons and raids.
    Realistically if there's some amount of pre order perks (new race earlier) or 9.2.5 hits with something of interest (SL Allied Races, Dark fallen, whatever) it'll soften the blow... marginally.

Quote Originally Posted by cocomen2 View Post
    pss, she told me who it's gonna be :
    That's St. Jude?

Quote Originally Posted by Deventh View Post
    90% will be WOTLK stuff. Doubt we will see much other than cinematic and new features.
    Says who? It wont, tho.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by feniela View Post
    Pre-order should start in 19th april.
    I would say 50/50.

Preorder was available immediately with SL announcement. Preorder wasn't available for almost 3 months after BfA announcement.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    That's St. Jude?
    The patron saint of lost causes... not a reassuring comparison.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    I would say 50/50.

Preorder was available immediately with SL announcement. Preorder wasn't available for almost 3 months after BfA announcement.
    BfA announcement was during Blizzcon. I say it again, there is no reason to have the announcement as late as we are getting it if they aren't handling out pre-orders and possible alpha instantly.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    BfA announcement was during Blizzcon. I say it again, there is no reason to have the announcement as late as we are getting it if they aren't handling out pre-orders and possible alpha instantly.
    If there is a world revamp of any size I can see it being tied to early alpha or preorders. Maybe the revamped areas will come with an early prepatch?

Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    I would say 50/50.

This is kind of why we're expecting a combination of both situations: There are pre-order bonuses encrypted in retail right now, just like in Shadowlands, but the Shadowlands pre-order also included allied race Death Knight access in the following patch.

It would be weird if unlike BFA & Shadowlands, Dragonflight pre-order only had cosmetic bonuses, that's why we're expecting something more substantive, like new allied races to come in 9.2.5

But then it could also be like Legion, where pre-order is just early access to a new class or something, but that'll mean we still have to wait months.
    Last edited by Ersula; 2022-04-12 at 03:43 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypester View Post
    If there is a world revamp of any size I can see it being tied to early alpha or preorders. Maybe the revamped areas will come with an early prepatch?
    Iirc Cataclysm had the revamped areas in a pre-patch earlier so you could level up in the new zones. MoP had pet battles earlier I think. Legion had DH's early, BfA had the first 4 allied races and Shadowlands had DK's for all races. So yeah, if we are getting new classes/races we will prolly see them earlier atleast. If we get some kind of revamp but it's only for lvl 60's we won't get it early I guess.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

We have a new leak?????

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Biruteka View Post
    We have a new leak?????
    Not any proper ones since the promo art and name.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Not any proper ones since the promo art and name.

/52),47:5$