Mists of Pandaland is really the only continent they have ever introduced that felt cohesive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Catastrophy349 View Post
    Question for the thread (side tangent):

What is your favorite expansion continent? Or, if you want to be more specific, zone?
    I know it's not what you asked, but I'll just rattle off my favorite 1-2 zones for each expansion.

TBC: Zangarmarsh and Eversong Woods
    Wrath: Dragonblight and Grizzly Hills
    Cata: Gilneas and Uldum
    MoP: Jade Forest and Valley of the Four Winds
    WoD: Shadowmoon Valley
    Legion: Suramar and Stormheim
    BfA: Stormsong Valley and Vol'dun
    SL: Revendreth

As for my favorite continent ever... Well, my signature kind of gives it away: Broken Isles. Second best would be Pandaria probably.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Local Ardenweald Faerie View Post
    Kun-lai Summit, hands down.
    Kun-Lai deserves an honorable mention from me as well. It was a toss-up between Kun-Lai and Valley of the Four Winds, and the Valley only won because it has a stronger nostalgia factor for me.

This probably sounds really lame to most people but one of my best memories of MoP is literally just flying around Valley of the Four Winds mining and herbing for HOURS while listening to podcasts as it rained outside my window. It was a good time.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    Dranenor leveling was the best IMO, with some storylines overaching all zones. Hopefully they continue Threads of Fate so there is a correct path to play the stories, SL did have the connections but mostly between current and next zone
    I'm completely with you

Knight of the Astral Star Local Ardenweald Faerie's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    Kun-Lai deserves an honorable mention from me as well. It was a toss-up between Kun-Lai and Valley of the Four Winds, and the Valley only won because it has a stronger nostalgia factor for me.

This probably sounds really lame to most people but one of my best memories of MoP is literally just flying around Valley of the Four Winds mining and herbing for HOURS while listening to podcasts as it rained outside my window. It was a good time.
    For me, when it comes to the Valley, it's the farm. The dang farm. Not because of the game play, but because of the piece and quiet it offered. To these people you're nothing more than a stranger, even if you're playing a Pandaren, who comes from a different subset of the culture anyway. You can just settle down peacefully on a farm with your pal who you bought the farm from, and instead of grinding rep, you have friendship meters with the local NPCs and... gosh, the Valley is so good.

Shame what the farm was a precursor to...

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferlion View Post
    Mists of Pandaland is really the only continent they have ever introduced that felt cohesive.
    Also most boring in my opinion. It has gems like Jade Forest or Valley, but rest are at best mediocre, especially Townlong Steppes.

1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Local Ardenwaeld Faerie View Post
    Whats wrong with you constantly debating

Black versus White

Yes they erased,vanquished,annihilated White NPCs.

This will happen also in RL.
    I shouldn't be giving him bait but I am honored the troll has chosen me.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Catastrophy349 View Post
    Question for the thread (side tangent):

What is your favorite expansion continent? Or, if you want to be more specific, zone?
    Zones, I guess?

Base Game: Teldrassil
    TBC:Unsure
    Wrath:Zul'drak or Grizzly Hills
    Cata: Uldum or Hyjal
    MoP: ALL of Pandaria
    WoD: Shadowmoon Valley
    Legion: Azuna, Val'sharah and Highmountain
    BfA: ALL of Zandalar
    SL: Ardenweald, plus De Other Side.
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

You'll notice this spam only started happening after the official forums were linked to us.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    You managed to just explain my first wow experience as well, especially the Eversong -> Ghostlands part. Just to add here I did the belf starting subzone of it before reaching Silvermoon by also hitting creatures with my staff as a mage since I didn't know how potent mana regen was so I was saving it
    Ah yes, the good ol' days of only auto attacking because you didn't know any better.
    I didn't even know what a quest was, all i did was just walk around the zone and panicked when a mob attacked me.

Ghostlands was a damn trip though.
    Everything was so dark and scary and i distinctly remember somehow reaching Zul'Aman.
    Got up the stairs to escape some spiders, and just saw all the tribal voodoo stuff which completely freaked me out.

Formerly known as Arafal

1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blayze View Post
    You'll notice this spam only started happening after the official forums were linked to us.
    The spam actually comes from a user that was banned about 100-125 pages ago. The salt never runs out, it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by Fartlas View Post
    By time of Wrath, yeah we have enough experience under our belts to be considered above average. But we are still regular people, we are not special nor are we chosen ones, and the game has not treated us like that until like BfA. The first time we actually got assigned any sort of meaningful role was WoD with the Garrisons, that for me (and for many other people) is when the story shift went too much onto us.
    So you think being the most elite Alliance/Horde troops getting assigned to take down Arthas is not a meaningful role? Being specificially chosen by Varian to find Anduin is not a meaningful role?

No, it wasn't WoD. It happened long before that. Above average is what you were towards the end of vanilla.

10+ Year Old Account
    I shouldn't be giving him bait but I am honored the troll has chosen me.
    That threw me for a loop. I'm on mobile so I can't see anyone's post count or anything like that so I genuinely thought that was you posting.

7+ Year Old Account
    The spam actually comes from a user that was banned about 100-125 pages ago. The salt never runs out, it seems.
    God I hope they ban his alt account asap because his weird pictures and toxic hate-spam were unbearable. Let's just report him and be done with it please.

But well, back to topic. Do you guys think we will get a new build today? The PTR is still down!
    Last edited by Lady Atia; 2022-04-13 at 10:01 PM.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    So you think being the most elite Alliance/Horde troops getting assigned to take down Arthas is not a meaningful role? Being specificially chosen by Varian to find Anduin is not a meaningful role?

No, it wasn't WoD. It happened long before that. Above average is what you were towards the end of vanilla.
    I'd say we were above above-average. We killed (from our knowledge then, anyway) a god at the end of Vanilla.

We should've had feasts in our name then.

Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    That threw me for a loop. I'm on mobile so I can't see anyone's post count or anything like that so I genuinely thought that was you posting.
    I would never devolve that far!... or so I hope. He forgot my banner art too. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    God I hope they ban his alt account asap because his weird pictures and toxic hate-spam was unbearable. Let's just report him and be done with it please.

But well, back to topic. Do you guys think we will get a new build today? The PTR is still down!
    It's always Tuesdays and Thursdays! I hope!

10+ Year Old Account
    I would never devolve that far!... or so I hope. He forgot my banner art too. lol
    Yeah, he seems to be kind of bad at this. But it is possible to choose to not include your signature when you post something (although I don't know why anyone would do something like that).

I'd say we were above above-average. We killed (from our knowledge then, anyway) a god at the end of Vanilla.

We should've had feasts in our name then.
    I was thinking more around 50-59, back when leveling was still a major effort.

Do you guys think the Silithus Sword will play a role in 10.0?

Quote Originally Posted by Yusefstrasza View Post
    Only if it's a full revamp, in which case I imagine Silithus will be framed around it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Only if it's a full revamp, in which case I imagine Silithus will be framed around it.
    What can even be done about the sword though? It's been conclusively stated to not be a problem as of this moment.
    At most I can see it becoming a sort of landmark source of power, rather than a constant problem we need to keep worrying about in the background.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yusefstrasza View Post
    If 10.0 has strong themes of life and healing (in addition to dragons), then it would make sense to get rid of the giant sword that's been stabbing the planet for at least ~2-3 in-game years.

But do I think they'll do it? Hell no. They're clearly saving it for the Big Cosmic Finale so Redeemed Sargeras can come back and pull it out, immediately purifying it of all corruption as his fingers touch the grip.

Then we all just kind of crawl on his back as he flies to the Void Place with his big golden sword in hand.

...Shit, I probably shouldn't be talking about this. You know, because of the NDA.