Quote Originally Posted by Hypester View Post
    What if the Gargoyles/Stoneborn and Kyrian wings and how they work were practice for Drakthyr?

Female Stoneborn didn’t have back wings but I can see that model being a test for how Draconic women could look. They have the hind legs and all.
    Stoneborne model reuse the skeleton of the DH meta (male) and slim arakkoa (female)

10+ Year Old Account
    Only 50 hours to go. We're getting closer.

Once an esteemed magister, Dar'Khan Drathir would become one of Quel'Thalas' greatest traitors. His limitless ambition, combined with his egotistical mindset, made him an easy pawn for the forces of the Lich King. Empowered by the treacherous Prince Arthas himself, Dar'Khan opened the way for the Scourge to enter Quel'Thalas and ravage the land in their march to the Sunwell.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Honestly MoP had it right to a point as well. Having world quests is fine. But at every new rep level there should be another end game chapter. To finish each reps story or lead it into a raid.
    Really i think what Blizzard needs to do is reuse the covenant framework, trim it down, and then tie it more to the reputation.

You don't get any player power that is useable in raids or other instanced content, but you do get a storyline, zone upgrades, and a few unique cosmetics.

Then, instead of choosing one covenant or rep and sticking with it, you instead have all of them available, but limit how much progress you can do with them.
    You can still opt for one reputation and go fast with that one, but that would mean everything else going slower, or you can try and spread it out, but being slower overall.

This way you have most of the upsides of covenants, but tied more to reps instead of being a weird not-quite rep. If you like one zone more than others you can still focus on that one and get full rewards. Or if you want everything you can try and spread it out and still get everything.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Has the datamined Queen's Gift been discussed here? It probably hints at a new World Tree. One of the possible locations is right atop of Sargeras' sword to heal the wound

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zernie View Post
    Has the datamined Queen's Gift been discussed here? It probably hints at a new World Tree. One of the possible locations is right atop of Sargeras' sword to heal the wound
    Yes, consensus is that it's either a new tree or used to revitalize Teldrassil.

Formerly known as Arafal

Yes.

I doubt they would put it on top of the sword though, which is canonically in space, unless Night Elves are going to become space elves, which I'd be okay with.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    I hope it's a new tree. I mean I despised that teldrassil burned but I never actually liked the tree itself lol

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SniperCT View Post
    I hope it's a new tree. I mean I despised that teldrassil burned but I never actually liked the tree itself lol
    If they bring Teldrassil back i'm confident they'll actually instance the zone and just keep the 2D background image in Darkshore, so there's no longer a huge and ugly stump.
    Last edited by Raetary; 2022-04-17 at 08:49 AM.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Yes.

I doubt they would put it on top of the sword though, which is canonically in space, unless Night Elves are going to become space elves, which I'd be okay with.
    I could see it overgrowing the sword. They would probably keep it as a monument though. It would also be just asking for another NE wipe when 'whoever' decides to take the sword. Wasn't datamine something like a sapling? I doubt we will see a new tree this quickly - even with magic. Would be cool if we had something like Arcan'dor growing campaign

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Yes.

They already call themselves "children of the stars" so it wouldn't be too far-fetched. Could even have been foreshadowing for the night elves' eventual ascension to space'dorei. This way they'll also get closer to their precious Elune!

Whatever the location is, I hope it's an actual magnificent tree, instead of a weird shrub that Teldrassil was. It looked like a baobab on steroids. It's 2022, come on.

And yeah, if there's a quest line where we help to grow the tree, that's an instant buy from me.
    Last edited by zernie; 2022-04-17 at 08:55 AM.

If they bring Teldrassil back i'm confident they'll actually instance the zone and just keep the 2D background image in Darkshore, so there's no longer a huge and ugly stump.
    They have the technology to make it an actual tree this time though. It doesn't even need to be particularly massive either. Keep Darnassus 2.0 in the canopy along with maybe a town, and then have the rest of whatever interesting stuff is needed on the ground surrounding it.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

If you look at this Teldrassil art, there's a road w that leads from the bottom all the way to the top of tree

pinterest.com/pin/465700417719643734/

I hope they'll add something like that, it'd be a great place for questing

5+ Year Old Account
    Have there been any further leaks overnight? Last I checked we were on page 2178.

If there have been any updates I would appreciate to know.
    #TeamNecromancer #TeamDragonIsles

I hope it's used to revive Teldrassil. It's always been the perfect place for a Nelf city, almost all the lands in proximity to it are Night Elven lands. I don't want them spread out to Desolace or Silithus or even the southern part of Kalimdor for whatever reason, I doubt the Horde-centric people would like it either, I mean even when it comes to Ashenvale endless debates issue from that single zone.

Plus I really want to go back to a semblance of a semi-retcon to restore Azeroth to an almost pre-BfA state as possible. Also, if they're giving the Undead their own original city back instead of the Alliance claiming Lordearon (which, again, is contentious in the forums) I would like the Night Elves to have their own place back also. Plus, making it an enchanting, updated actual tree city using the new graphics technology would be lovely, sort of like that one fan art with Tyrande and Malfurion looking at it far away from Darkshore. So yeah, I'm a big supporter of "give Teldrassil back"

If you look at this Teldrassil art, there's a road w that leads from the bottom all the way to the top of tree

pinterest.com/pin/465700417719643734/

I hope they'll add something like that, it'd be a great place for questing
    Yeah, Teldrasil could have been huuuuge

Quote Originally Posted by Nraktja View Post
    I hope it's used to revive Teldrassil. It's always been the perfect place for a Nelf city, almost all the lands in proximity to it are Night Elven lands. I don't want them spread out to Desolace or Silithus or even the southern part of Kalimdor for whatever reason, I doubt the Horde-centric people would like it either, I mean even when it comes to Ashenvale endless debates issue from that single zone.

Plus I really want to go back to a semblance of a semi-retcon to restore Azeroth to an almost pre-BfA state as possible. Also, if they're giving the Undead their own original city back instead of the Alliance claiming Lordearon (which, again, is contentious in the forums) I would like the Night Elves to have their own place back also. Plus, making it an enchanting, updated actual tree city using the new graphics technology would be lovely, sort of like that one fan art with Tyrande and Malfurion looking at it far away from Darkshore. So yeah, I'm a big supporter of "give Teldrassil back"
    I loved Teldrassil and I hate what they did in BfA, but I don't think restoring it is a good idea story-wise. Even if it makes sense with Tear of Elune and uber magic, it would still feel cheap. New tree would be better, but I have no idea where to put it
    I wonder if Lordaeron gets reclaimed by Alliance. I hope it does, but if yes, plus the new tree/Teldrassil back for alliance, Horde will likely riot. I mean, I guess they will be getting rebuild Silvermoon (maybe with Forsaken refugees) and maybe Goblins could get a city if the leaks of their involvement are true.

I think the Night Elves should move into the Dreamway.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leaker69 View Post
    I loved Teldrassil and I hate what they did in BfA, but I don't think restoring it is a good idea story-wise. Even if it makes sense with Tear of Elune and uber magic, it would still feel cheap. New tree would be better, but I have no idea where to put it
    I wonder if Lordaeron gets reclaimed by Alliance. I hope it does, but if yes, plus the new tree/Teldrassil back for alliance, Horde will likely riot. I mean, I guess they will be getting rebuild Silvermoon (maybe with Forsaken refugees) and maybe Goblins could get a city if the leaks of their involvement are true.
    Yeah I hate zero consequence story.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Blayze View Post
    I think the Night Elves should move into the Dreamway.
    Do you want to convince me to roll Night Elves? Cause that's how you concvince me to roll Night Elves.