10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Das Momo View Post
    So since there's people who think a world revamp or partial revamp would come in Dragonflight... What dragony related things could be happening in Lordaeron, Quel'thalas, Elwynn, Ashenvale, Barrens, etc?
    Hopefully nothing:

Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    It was exciting to see the old zones in a new light but I feel like the novelty of it wore off pretty quickly and we were left with a destroyed Azeroth that was permanently on fire in many places...

They also messed up big time by making every zone connected to Deathwing or the Twilight Cultists in some way. If they had designed each zone with self-contained storylines in mind instead of "OMG DEATHWING!", they wouldn't feel as dated as they do now.

So when/if they do another revamp of the old zones, that's what I want to see. Self-contained storylines that don't constantly make references to the current expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakir View Post
    Lots of prospective classes that went absolutely nowhere are in the files, as Mar observed. It means nothing.

The fact that you're so assured based on barriers just tells me you're working backwards - making guesses and assumptions of class identification based on looking in the name restrictions.

Instead of being cute, explain the class.

Still possible, just a trash name.
    There is no info how it works, Just that pure text about few things like race Name, class Name, ui and talents. Its a preview pack, no Press pack yet available.

As for a race, Yes it have a tail. Wings model is similiar to netherdrakes with a bit transparency. Also dragon form dont look on screens as it have weapon model showed, there is "Just" a dragon form which look like channeling something. "human" form wearing armor similiar to mail armor.

With talents i can write that it looks like we will have finally posibility to Save talent setup. There is something like around 40 points to left side and maybe 30 or something like that to right one which is probably to spec and left to class but its based on what i remember since last monday. Simply looks like its close to wotlk talent trees mixed up into 2 instead of 3 columns.

There is alexa with one ugly guy

So since there's people who think a world revamp or partial revamp would come in Dragonflight... What dragony related things could be happening in Lordaeron, Quel'thalas, Elwynn, Ashenvale, Barrens, etc?
    I think most of the World Revamp team expressly hopes that a world revamp would NOT have anything to do with the current expac and would mostly be about world building and self contained storylines. If you tie it to the xpac at hand, it stops making sense as soon as you get out of it. Plus I think there is a consensus in the community that we'd rather see something about restoration and construction instead of more destruction like Cataclysm did.

Still the traditional dragon zones should have draconic questlines. Winterspring for Blues, Tanaris for Bronze, Wetlands/Twilight Highlands for Reds, Blackrock for Blacks and Swamp of Sorrows plus Feralas/Ashenvale and maybe Hinterlands/Darkshore for Greens.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    I just figured something out...

EVOKER
    TINKER

EVO + TIN + KER = ET INVOKER

The new race is an extraterrestrial invoker, a.k.a Ethereals. Checkmate.
    Tinker is still in the running for the next class as well. I wouldn't put it past Blizzard to toss a curveball.

I just don't think they would pass up a chance to create a dragon class. You could incorporate the Tinker at multiple points in WoW's future. You really can't introduce a dragon class based on Alexstraza, Chromie, Wrathion, etc. outside a dragon expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Scaleface View Post
    There is no info how it works, Just that pure text about few things like race Name, class Name, ui and talents. Its a preview pack, no Press pack yet available.

As for a race, Yes it have a tail. Wings model is similiar to netherdrakes with a bit transparency. Also dragon form dont look on screens as it have weapon model showed, there is "Just" a dragon form which look like channeling something. "human" form wearing armor similiar to mail armor.

With talents i can write that it looks like we will have finally posibility to Save talent setup. There is something like around 40 points to left side and maybe 30 or something like that to right one which is probably to spec and left to class but its based on what i remember since last monday. Simply looks like its close to wotlk talent trees mixed up into 2 instead of 3 columns.

Talent trees back would be a dream come true. The Mix of one tree for Class and one for spec also sounds like a great idea (obviously would need a lot of class revamps though to make it work I guess.

I would kill for a screenshot though tbh Would make you a lot more beliveable too.!

This last line is concerning me xD

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Most people out of the 30-40 people active in this thread. We have no idea what the reception will be, especially if the presentation is suitably cool.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.hearthstonetopdecks.com/...hanics/invoke/

I still don't think it's likely at all but this might be the inspiration.

Damn the League of EVIL would be such a better villain than Zovaal . . .
    Different word. But it has the same root, so half worth.

@Hitei

It's true. Explosion of Dragons will be when the Bonechewers come back into prominence.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

"There's no information and just text - but I can also conveniently give you a visual description of the race in question down to very specific details that are probably only verifiable when in motion.

Somehow this information exists to me, but not class information."

Also also, "Devs have been playing POE or miss Wrath" is still a stupid take on the alleged new talent system when the two examples could not be more different.

Got it. I maintain that even if all of this is somehow true, this won't be a "huh, I was wrong" egg on face moment because the person in question is a fucking awful communicator and contradicts themselves constantly.

It's like if you went:

"Worl of warcraft Legioon
    new class - demon hunter - this is like warlock but with melee wep they have wings but only part of time use green magic
    new weapon similar to old lore weapons cool abilities and skins
    dalaran again but some changes
    dungeon but more??? dungeon harder new loot"
    Last edited by Vakir; 2022-04-18 at 11:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    Now, I don't use the term "armchair developer" often, but...

If the theme is healing the world, any zone could feature some of that.
    Would Blizzard be smart enough to do an expansion that wasn't about a planet-wide invasion, an end of the world scenario, or a faction war?
    Last edited by Das Thora; 2022-04-18 at 11:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    You don't have to believe anything I've said in this thread. However, Demon Hunters were also from WC3, just like Tinkers. In addition, Blizzard didn't begin to actively utilize HotS abilities in WoW until Legion, so up to that point, HotS was not considered a legitimate source of canon material for WoW. The reason I've moved HotS into a canon source for classes is because they used HotS for the Demon Hunter class in Legion, and they've used HotS abilities in multiple classes and WoW NPCs since that time.

So yes, the calculus has changed in the last seven years.

Except you used the wc3 argument until a week or 2 ago. Not a few years. Sometimes it's OK to say you were wrong, it's not scary

Quote Originally Posted by horizon-nowhere View Post
    he probably means there is alextrasza and one other guy as the talent tree backgrounds

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by horizon-nowhere View Post
    Alexstrasza resurrected Zovaal.

Would Blizzard be smart enough to do an expansion that wasn't about a planet-wide invasion, an end of the world scenario, or a faction war?
    Probably not, but we'll see. They're good at forgetting their own lessons, but that doesn't mean they can't relearn them!

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    Different word. But it has the same root, so half worth.

@Hitei

It's true. Explosion of Dragons will be when the Bonechewers come back into prominence.
    How can they if the bones are all exploded and there's nothing to chew?

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    How can they if the bones are all exploded and there's nothing to chew?
    That's how we beat them.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    You don't have to believe anything I've said in this thread. However, Demon Hunters were also from WC3, just like Tinkers. In addition, Blizzard didn't begin to actively utilize HotS abilities in WoW until Legion, so up to that point, HotS was not considered a legitimate source of canon material for WoW. The reason I've moved HotS into a canon source for classes is because they used HotS for the Demon Hunter class in Legion, and they've used HotS abilities in multiple classes and WoW NPCs since that time.

So yes, the calculus has changed in the last seven years.
    Legion was the first expansion to add a class since HotS existed, the arbitration you're making is bizarre.

7+ Year Old Account
    Gosh this thread is picking up pace... I refresh every few minutes and 2-3 new pages appear
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 8bithamster View Post
    Except you used the wc3 argument until a week or 2 ago. Not a few years. Sometimes it's OK to say you were wrong, it's not scary
    And I still use it because every WoW class has come from WC3. However, that doesn't alter the argument that Blizzard is ALSO using HotS for class seeding since the games are very similar to each other in terms of ability structure. Blizzard has used HotS concepts for their remastered edition of WC3 and in WoW itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    That's how we beat them.
    I thought the dragons were supposed to explode, not my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Most people out of the 30-40 people active in this thread. We have no idea what the reception will be, especially if the presentation is suitably cool.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.hearthstonetopdecks.com/...hanics/invoke/

I still don't think it's likely at all but this might be the inspiration.

Damn the League of EVIL would be such a better villain than Zovaal . . .
    To add on this https://hearthstone.fandom.com/wiki/Dragoncaller_Alanna also exists in Hearthstone tho again its hearthstone.