Quote Originally Posted by Buliwyf the Omen View Post
    I know people hate the phrase but man, they have so many rose-tinted Glasses about Legion specifically.

Spec focused Class Design (which was horrible, no toggleable Shadow Form, no Traps as a HUNTER!, etc.), random Legendary Drops, the general on-going pruning from the Class to Spec focus. Artifact and Aspect Power grind, sheesh.

It was freaking horrible. I am still surprised its ranking as high as it is for so many for some reason.
    The spec focus was a thing I hated having played a hunter since the year dot it was irking to lose abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    You clearly never played the version of Legion where you spent weeks, if not months, or even several patches trying in vain to get your best Legiondary, or worse still your best and second best.
    Nor for that matter 7.2, which still holds the title of worst attempt at a storyline a patch has ever attempted to conjure up.

M+ was awful until they fixed the first version of the keystone system. Grinding AP was absolutely horrendous, and made even worse if you attempted to gear a different spec, or worse an alt. The first raid was far too easy, so everyone just sat around waiting for Nighthold.

Legion had loads of problems, but we forgive it now because by the end it had fixed them, and BfA was worse than the end result. This is how pretty much every expansion ever has worked.
    I played Legion from launch on and yes, there were issues and complaints, but it rarely mattered because we were overwhelmed with content. There was so much stuff to do and what we’ve got that the issues were just overshadowed.

Legion was received way better than BfA and Shadowlands and there’s a reason for that. Even with all the issues, the expansion was just great from certain aspects. Something that can be said about BfA and SL maybe, but definitely not in that regard. Legion just covered up its issues way better. Did it work? Absolutely.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

I think the dragon race needs major updates and if they actually put some effort into it it can look really good. Give the player the option to choose whatever humanoid race they want (visage). Make the scales an actual scales and not body paint. Give them more aspect customization options (similar to how Alexstrasza's hair and horns look). If they do update the race and make it look good the expansion might have a chance because right now the only cool thing about it is the new continent and the new updated (unplayable) races that inhabit it.

I'm hoping Blizzard takes all the feedback for the race into consideration, like opening up different humanoid forms and classes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    I‘m not against that, but we have an example for an expansion that’s not ambitious: WoD. And then we have Shadowlands, which is basically WoD but overambitious. You could add Cataclysm if you ignore the revamp and see what an expansion without features gets.

All expansion’s that look like Dragonflight just were kinda flat. And I do not agree that it looks like MoP. MoP had a ton of new stuff that’s been way more ambitious than anything in DF. Revamped talents. True new class. A real new race. Challenge mode. A continent that had what, 7 zones?

Dragonflight just feels like the bare minimum they had to do while not even trying to leave their comfort zone. That’s why I am disappointed.
    My fear is that this class was limited due to previous class inclusions. For example, we had 3 new tank specs and 4 new melee DPS specs brought in since Vanilla, so this new class can't have either. I think that's a very bad possibility of things to come, because it COULD entail that this may be one of, if not THE last WoW class.

With that said, I think this looks better than Shadowlands already, so I'm going to give it a chance. The new talent system has me very interested, and I really want to see more Dractyhr abilities and new abilities within the existing classes before I pass judgement.

The new armor sets and profession system also look great.

Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    I'm hoping Blizzard takes all the feedback for the race into consideration, like opening up different humanoid forms and classes.
    You would hope so but we'll see how far their listen to the players stance has moved.

I think the linking of the class/race is a bad idea as it immediately limits interest in both.

Adding that stuff to all the races is too much work, but I can see them opening up some classes. Especially stuff like druid which could get some new forms.

I don’t think the work/pull is equal enough to put it on Panadas, Gnomes etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yup. The race needs to go through some MASSIVE changes before launch. What they showed us is not the Blizzard quality I've come to expect.

10+ Year Old Account
    I doubt that's going to happen. In their deep dives, they stated that the Dracthyr being dragons made them unable to be other classes, and that only Elven and Human models accommodated what they wanted to do ability-wise with the class.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    I doubt that's going to happen. In their deep dives, they stated that the Dracthyr being dragons made them unable to be other classes, and that only Elven and Human models accommodated what they wanted to do ability-wise with the class.
    Surely that doesn't make sense. How would elven and human models be different from others regarding abilities. If they said we didn't want to have to do the setup for every race it would at least be a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    I played Legion from launch on and yes, there were issues and complaints, but it rarely mattered because we were overwhelmed with content. There was so much stuff to do and what we’ve got that the issues were just overshadowed.

Legion was received way better than BfA and Shadowlands and there’s a reason for that. Even with all the issues, the expansion was just great from certain aspects. Something that can be said about BfA and SL maybe, but definitely not in that regard. Legion just covered up its issues way better. Did it work? Absolutely.
    You were also overwhelmed with content in BfA and SL. Even more content than in Legion, so I don't really see how that makes sense.

And it all still comes down to the question of what Legion had, that Dragonflight won't have.
    It won't have artifacts, but that also means no AP grind. It won't have class questlines, but that also means more content for a singular player instead of being thinly spread.
    I guess it doesnt seem to have a Suramar equivalent, but that is a small thing in the grand scheme.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Whether you liked it or not, can we all agree that the cinematic was the worst WoW cinematic by far? Don't even try to tell me that among all WoW trailers there is one worse than Dragonflight one because we all know it's not true

Those are too big of changes for blizz to go through with

Quote Originally Posted by bagina View Post
    Whether you liked it or not, can we all agree that the cinematic was the worst WoW cinematic by far? Don't even try to tell me that among all WoW trailers there is one worse than Dragonflight one because we all know it's not true
    It was super underwhelming and I'd put it as worse than some of the old 1999 Diablo 2 cinematics.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bagina View Post
    There's no way you consider it worse than the Shadowlands one lol. But I guess we all have our biases.
    Honorary member of the Baine Fanclub, the only member really.

I doubt they shift from that at this point.

I think at best you can hope they will allow Dracthyr to play other classes and maybe an alternative, more muscular model for the dragon form.

Quote Originally Posted by Malorne the White Stag View Post
    Those are too big of changes for blizz to go through with
    It's not like they don't have the manpower or funding. Restricting Dracthyr to just Evokers doesn't accomplish anything really it just restricts the race, other humanoid forms would be nice too but I can see why that is much more work.

My fear is that this class was limited due to previous class inclusions. For example, we had 3 new tank specs and 4 new melee DPS specs brought in since Vanilla, so this new class can't have either. I think that's a very bad possibility of things to come, because it COULD entail that this may be one of, if not THE last WoW class.

With that said, I think this looks better than Shadowlands already, so I'm going to give it a chance. The new talent system has me very interested, and I really want to see more Dractyhr abilities and new abilities within the existing classes before I pass judgement.

The new armor sets and profession system also look great.
    I really like certain aspects. But especially the new class seems very boring and lacks basically everything interesting. It’s just so generic. I know I’m repeating myself, but where’s the ambition with that class? Heck, even a Tinker with all the Azerite effects from BfA would have been cooler and more ambitious than the Evoker. It just feels like an afterthought.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharby View Post
    There's no way you consider it worse than the Shadowlands one lol. But I guess we all have our biases.
    Huh? What exactly didn't you like about Shadowlands? It had everything a cinematic needs + the ending was brutal when the sky split open. Dragonflight had nothing of that... literally nothing.

At this point it’s 100% copium to expect Dracthyr to get other classes. It’s not going to happen.