Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    I never understood why Blizzard was so eager to remove the legendary cloak and ring quests in MoP and WoD. If they were really that petty, they could have just removed the reward, but the questlines themselves are just lost story - in the case of WoD it was pretty much most of the endgame story. I'm glad they didn't mess with the artefact weapon stories in legion, especially the Nighthold parts.
    Not to mention the removed virtually all of Wrathion’s story - why should a newcomer care about him when he inevitably returns?

I never understood why Blizzard was so eager to remove the legendary cloak and ring quests in MoP and WoD. If they were really that petty, they could have just removed the reward, but the questlines themselves are just lost story - in the case of WoD it was pretty much most of the endgame story. I'm glad they didn't mess with the artefact weapon stories in legion, especially the Nighthold parts.
    They shouldn't have removed it at all, and even should have kept the reward, I don't really understand the point of removing it when all it does is remove story content from the game. I think Blizzard could potentially add it back, they haven't been removing that much stuff as of late, excluding seasonal mounts/titles.

Quote Originally Posted by draugril View Post
    Not to mention the removed virtually all of Wrathion’s story - why should a newcomer care about him when he inevitably returns?
    While I agree, newcommers would not encounter him either way, as most probably don't go out of their way to level through obsolete content.
    But then let's be real here, WoW has probably a massive lack of new blood anyway, and the few they get are probably "my parents used to play" recommendations.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    They shouldn't have removed it at all, and even should have kept the reward, I don't really understand the point of removing it when all it does is remove story content from the game. I think Blizzard could potentially add it back, they haven't been removing that much stuff as of late, excluding seasonal mounts/titles.
    Yea, as I said, I have no idea why Blizzard was in such a rush to remove these quests. I mean you can still do every other legendary questline, with the exception of Atiesh, but that one had at least some reason behind it, because the dungeon was removed entirely (even though removing he vanilla version of that dungeon was also a pointless move imho).
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2021-08-10 at 07:43 AM.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

The campaign quest is currently bugged for me, Thrall despawns when he should be a quest giver. Oh well.

Primus does mention that Jailer went to a "forbidden realm" and that the Arbiter's power did used to be his.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    The campaign quest is currently bugged for me, Thrall despawns when he should be a quest giver. Oh well.

Primus does mention that Jailer went to a "forbidden realm" and that the Arbiter's power did used to be his.
    I mean it's nice that they finally start to talk shop here, but it's way too late and I fear they will still keep up the vague mystery bullshit. It's incredibly unsatisfying to be he hero of the story and being on a need to know leash that is so short, your feet are no longer touching the ground. The moment the night fae sigil was taken was moment when we should have gotten the full story of Zovaal, at least if they want us to keep helping them.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Any word yet on what caused the Arbiter's shutdown?

At this point I'm figuring Blizzard won't address it at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiivar86 View Post

I'm guessing it will be ignored and eventually explained in a book, perhaps the Sylvanas novel detailing the Jailer's plan.

Not yet. Smart money is on Argus and/or Sargeras. The dreadlords specifically mention Argus.

I'm guessing it will be ignored and eventually explained in a book, perhaps the Sylvanas novel detailing the Jailer's plan.
    Book was what I was thinking too, if at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    Not yet. Smart money is on Argus and/or Sargeras. The dreadlords specifically mention Argus.
    True, I recall them saying something about how Argus was a pawn too. Though that annoys me because it makes the whole "engine of death breaking down" thing weirder still since it was supposed to be "at the start of BfA" and then "no wait after release leveling because Ysera made it ok" then "no wait after Emerald Nightmare because Ursoc" and if it was Argus that did it it'll be "no wait it was after Antorus!"

Just pick a god damn spot already. At this rate it'll be "no wait, it was moments before Teldrassil!" I'd say Teldrassil's burning was a hard deadline for it to happen but watch Blizzard go past it somehow.

Book was what I was thinking too, if at all.

True, I recall them saying something about how Argus was a pawn too. Though that annoys me because it makes the whole "engine of death breaking down" thing weirder still since it was supposed to be "at the start of BfA" and then "no wait after release leveling because Ysera made it ok" then "no wait after Emerald Nightmare because Ursoc" and if it was Argus that did it it'll be "no wait it was after Antorus!"

Just pick a god damn spot already. At this rate it'll be "no wait, it was moments before Teldrassil!" I'd say Teldrassil's burning was a hard deadline for it to happen but watch Blizzard go past it somehow.
    You can find Nightborne ghosts in Revendreth. It will probably be 7.3 and specifically the death of Argus.

Yea, I think it being explained in a book as a footnote might be right, alternatively if Denthrius has some important role to play for the rest of SL it might be explained there if the plotpoint used against the arbiter is a kind of weapon/magic that might have further relevance.

The haven’t officially revealed that the Dreadlords manipulated the Legion, it’s only in that obscure lore book. They are probably waiting to officially connect Jailer to the Legion.

Come on burgers, do the campaign asap.

Quote Originally Posted by Voidwielder View Post
    Come on burgers, do the campaign asap.
    The very first quest is bugged currently and can't be turned in, they didn't test it on the PTR so it's not surprising lol.

Quote Originally Posted by gifdwarf View Post
    the very first quest turn in is bugged currently and can't be turned in, they didn't test it on the ptr so it's not surprising lol.
    bvwahahahaha

10+ Year Old Account
    The very first quest is bugged currently and can't be turned in, they didn't test it on the PTR so it's not surprising lol.
    Seriously?!? I expected there to be potential phasing or mob spawn bugs with a lot of people doing the quest chain, but the very first quest not being able to be turned is is pretty awful.

This is what happens when Blizz prioritizes spoilers and “hype culture” over the game actually working.

Test quests on PTR, people bitch about how this ruins the mystery and how there's still bugs.
    Don't test quests on PTR, first thing that happens is they bug to unplayability. Plus if they do something stupid you can't complain until they at least do express surgery like Darkshore.

I think I know which one is the lesser evil.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by AngerFork View Post
    Seriously?!? I expected there to be potential phasing or mob spawn bugs with a lot of people doing the quest chain, but the very first quest not being able to be turned is is pretty awful.
    Even if you have no QR team, that is really the kind of stuff you should test yourself before you push a patch. Kinda silly that they didn't even manage that..

Well, I don't expect major revelartions anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    Test quests on PTR, people bitch about how this ruins the mystery and how there's still bugs.
    Don't test quests on PTR, first thing that happens is they bug to unplayability. Plus if they do something stupid you can't complain until they at least do express surgery like Darkshore.

I think I know which one is the lesser evil.
    I think this is a nice compromise honestly. Bugs are inevitable, but this way we get most of the quests working decently well, but also retain a tiny bit of mystery for the end at the cost of a buggier than usual questline.

That being said some of the bugs or annoyances that made it through can fuck right off. Last week with Adrestes just slightly out of range so you could not start or end quests when in combat might have been the worst of all. Feebly trying to deliver the breadcrumb quest so you could get the quest to kill the add was genuinely upsetting, even worse when you realized that you could not even deliver the quest afterwards if someone started the quest all over again.

Generally though, I do think that shorter patch questlines like what we had in 9.1 could be omitted from the PTR entirely, 6 weekly questlines have a lot of potential for bugs, but I think the mystery might be worth it.
    Though of course, I am sure that if they did thne the bugs might get unbearable after a while...

- - - Updated - - -

Even if you have no QR team, that is really the kind of stuff you should test yourself before you push a patch. Kinda silly that they didn't even manage that..

Well, I don't expect major revelartions anyway.
    This is the second time Blizzard has done this outside small one-off quests like the final boss mount quests. My guess is Blizzard at least thinks this is worth hiding, and the likely reason for that is that it spoils the next patch in some way.
    The world revamp dream will never die!