Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Also I looked at the list of posts per user in this thread
    How do you see that again? I don't think I checked since the 7.0 speculation thread lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    Whatever grinds there are, they need to be account-wide, period. Reputation/Renown, Dragonriding skills, whatever baseline measures they use, they need to be account-wide.

Also, no nonsense like they had in Shadowlands where the player could not only not skip conversations between NPCs, but the player also had to go through that stuff for every character until they finally remedied that later on.

All this stuff needs to be implemented from the start.

On a different note, in regard to the UI, they need pull to do like Diablo and have a toggle option available. The new UI seems cool in general, but those Character Portraits didn't do it for me. Looks like smth out of a 2005 addon.
    Eh, it would make alts boring to have 0 grinds. I think a 100% rep buff on alts like MoP had is a better solution.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Everyone saw the Broken Shore during the Legion pre-patch, but you had it for 7.2 just fine.

Just have some extra areas open when you return, or some new enemies or means of transport.
    Broken Shore was widely condemned by the player base though.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Few notable quotes from the front page.

Flying in the Dragon Isles will not require a Pathfinder achievement.

A Threads of Fate leveling system for alts will be utilized in Dragonflight and Blizzard is looking into making more systems account-wide.

Blizzard also plans to provide a more in-depth open world experience going forward.

Wtf does the third point mean?
    I'm pretty sure they mean they're trying to make it so you can just wander about the world and find stuff to do, and that there's more to engage with than just quests/world quests/mini-bosses and so on. They've been trending that way for a while (since MoP even), but very slowly, so presumably they're intending to go considerably further.

This would be good because it would make the game more like an actual MMORPG, rather than pure quest-route following etc.
    "A youtuber said so."

"... some wow experts being interviewed..."

"According to researchers from Wowhead..."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baedril View Post
    In the holinka interview they mentioned that wanted to provide more war mode incentives and create more of an active open world experience, maybe it's that? Since SL was absolutely lacking in reasons for anyone to go war mode, compared to BfA.
    Not gonna lie I don't give 2 shits about pvp.

Actually Sol is number 1 and its not even close. You have nearly twice as many posts in this thread as the next person. Over 2000 posts.
    Yeah I noticed. Tight competition for number 2 spot hovering around 1400-1500, and then I have a clear first place with 2200+ posts...

Not sure whether I should be proud or horrified.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    How do you see that again? I don't think I checked since the 7.0 speculation thread lol
    You are in the top few lol. Go out to the Dragonflight forum and find this thread. click on the green number that shows the number of posts. 52800ish posts. itl show u a list.
    Linked my post above again.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    I'm pretty sure they mean they're trying to make it so you can just wander about the world and find stuff to do, and that there's more to engage with than just quests/world quests/mini-bosses and so on. They've been trending that way for a while (since MoP even), but very slowly, so presumably they're intending to go considerably further.

This would be good because it would make the game more like an actual MMORPG, rather than pure quest-route following etc.
    That sounds cool if they make any big leaps towards that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh, it would make alts boring to have 0 grinds. I think a 100% rep buff on alts like MoP had is a better solution.
    What? The most boring thing is to have to do a chore that you've already done once.

Sure, we can go into the nuances of different players, but generally speaking people put in the work on one character, and when they get into alts, they just want to relax and not be faced with the prospect of doing it all over again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I noticed. Tight competition for number 2 spot hovering around 1400-1500, and then I have a clear first place with 2200+ posts...

Not sure whether I should be proud or horrified.
    Why not both?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Santandame View Post
    Yeah, IMO the biggest failure with it was lots of filler chapters in the campaign... other than that it wasnt bad but just meh and bland
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    What? The most boring thing is to have to do a chore that you've already done once.

Sure, we can go into the nuances of different players, but generally speaking people put in the work on one character, and when they get into alts, they just want to relax and not be faced with the prospect of doing it all over again.
    What would alts even do besides get gear with no rep grind? You would literally get an alt to max and farm gear. Thats it. No AP to grind. There has to be more in modern wow than just gear. I think double rep is a good compromise.

But not really so much because it was reused, but rather that everyone was kinda tired of that aesthetic.
    Also the story sucked.

Returning to a place can work even if everyone has seen it before. So long as players are not tired of how it looks and it isn't the same gameplay loop in both then it's fine for the most part.

No word from Catastrophy349 still. Weird for someone who was so overly suspiciously hyped.

Coincidence? I think not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    Yeah, IMO the biggest failure with it was lots of filler chapters in the campaign... other than that it wasnt bad but just meh and bland
    The story of the zone was cool, but it had cool gameplay elements like the mage tower, and the 3 buildings you could buff. I enjoyed a lot of the unique world quests as well as seeing your order hall there. The Spaceship farming was fun too. It had flaws, but it wasn't as bad as people say IMO.

Why not both?
    According to my post rank, at least a quarter of all my posts are in this thread. Which feels like an insane amount.

No word from Catastrophy349 still. Weird for someone who was so overly suspiciously hyped.

Maybe they were too hyped, and they... you know...

10+ Year Old Account

He has been the best Hypeman NGL. @Catastrophy349 Come take your bow.

He has been the best Hypeman NGL. @Catastrophy349 Come take your bow.
    He definitely deserves that promotion as Blizzard PR representative.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tbh, I could have been in the top 3 or 4, but I went abesent for months. I have been VERY active the last few weeks. I bet 500 of my 700 posts in this thread are all from the last 2 weeks.

- - - Updated - - -

He definitely deserves that promotion as Blizzard PR representative.
    Yeah, I love the dude. I hope he doesn't ghost us now.

10+ Year Old Account
    What would alts even do besides get gear with no rep grind? You would literally get an alt to max and farm gear. Thats it. No AP to grind. There has to be more in modern wow than just gear. I think double rep is a good compromise.
    That's the central goal of the game: player power.

And what does rep grinding have to do with "modern" WoW? If anything, endless rep farming is a relic of the past.

Besides, this would be an indirect endorsement of some possible, future Blizzard response, along the lines of: well you guys wanted systems out of the game and we did that, but we can't take everything out.