10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    Has any dev mentioned if Covenant abilities will be in the talent trees?
    You can see the convoke in the druid's talents tree

Do we have any instances of female models for Gnolls or Furlbolgs? Even if its just Blizzard art?

I can't help but feel that we should and will be getting at least Tuskarr, Gnolls, Centaurs and Furlbolgs as AR's this expansion. And hopefully Vrykul and Dragonmen too.

Quote Originally Posted by Valysar View Post
    You can see the convoke in the druid's talents tree
    Any of the other ones? I'm not familiar.

I wonder if they will include only the most popular ones.

So watching the new hazel interview

I’m hearing positives
    If we just get 80% of what they are saying then it will still be good

No borrowed power system in the future so I’m happy and they are reworking archeology for later in the expansion

The new race and class are still the biggest negatives for me and that’s just in terms of “you should have done more and done better” but that’s like a 1/10 on the importance scale.

I’m just glad there won’t be a bunch of people defending a covenant style system until a few months into release then agreeing with people that they called autistic try hards

- - - Updated - - -

Any of the other ones? I'm not familiar.

I wonder if they will include only the most popular ones.
    There was barkskin with ranks

Has any dev mentioned if Covenant abilities will be in the talent trees?
    Will probably depend on how iconic or fitting the ability is to the class or spec. Some might also be there, but changed in appearance. Death Chakram for hunters for instance will probably change appearance.
    Stuff like Convoke the Spirits is already in, so we know that some will be continued forward.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    People are really expecting allied races for the pre order still? Come on, they would have announced that right with the expansion as it would have been the biggest feature of the entire expansion. They didn’t lose a word on it.
    If there is a chance, it's slim as hell.

And the only thing that doesn't make a 0% is the lack of any news on 8.2.5. For what appears to be a smaller patch, they are being pretty tight lipped about it, and I can't figure a reason why. We seem to be getting some resolution with Tyrande and the new seed, and we also are gonna get a Sylvanas: Epilogue: Part Deux lmao.

So we're definitely getting some lore resolution for NE and Forsaken, but I'm not sure how that will translate to any new options for players.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    The simplest explanation might just be that they're not sure in what year they'll end up releasing in. Maybe the initial target was as Scaleface said (Nov 2022) but maybe something came up that made them less confident of that which might push it over the holidays into Q1 2023.

You're right, I think a game can survive perfectly well on looking at what others are doing and basing ideas/features off of that (which wouldn't count as innovation), e.g. the dragon riding is obviously very similar to GW2's dragon riding and that apparently feels pretty good according to those that have used it. Obviously it is a fine balance as to how far they can go in doing stuff like that and having/experimenting with original ideas still matters, but I don't think there's anything wrong with that.

As for the latter, I learnt from the best.
    I said it last night and I'll say it again, they seemed to really want to give a date for Alpha in that video. Almost like the guy had to catch himself before saying something like "next month" or "this summer" for Alpha. Guessing Blizz isn't ready to say more, but I have a feeling they may use the Alpha/Preorders to get people to watch that Mobile Game event in May.

As for copied ideas, people seem to forget that that is arguably WoW's other leg to stand on (besides rehashing WC3 plots). They used to do it all the time with their older contemporaries, and you could argue when the MMO market went cold around 2012-2016 was when they made their worst decisions. If they're back to copying FF14 and GW2's homework then maybe they can rebuild WoW into half the MMO those are.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonsworn 4 Lyfe View Post
    I’m just glad there won’t be a bunch of people defending a covenant style system until a few months into release then agreeing with people that they called autistic try hards
    There are still simpletons who say things like "they were fine, just not for you!" and have completely ignored any and all evidence of direct problems or feedback from the eventual majority. Fortunately, these problems eventually work themselves out.

Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post

And the only thing that doesn't make a 0% is the lack of any news on 8.2.5. For what appears to be a smaller patch, they are being pretty tight lipped about it, and I can't figure a reason why. We seem to be getting some resolution with Tyrande and the new seed, and we also are gonna get a Sylvanas: Epilogue: Part Deux lmao.

So we're definitely getting some lore resolution for NE and Forsaken, but I'm not sure how that will translate to any new options for players.
    The biggest likelihood is Darkfallen, which is the newly confirmed name for Dark Rangers and San'layn (undead elves risen with red eyes). The reason being that they were foreshadowed in 8.3 but have yet to appear in Shadowlands, the new combination of name (the name is not new but how its used) and lore for them in the Sylvanas book just released (that confirms San'layn and Dark Ranger are both the same race), and the encrypted area is where they were last seen in BFA (Tirisfal). Also the Nelf dark rangers are mostly pointless in the lore unless they are meant to be playable.

It's also a race that is directly connected to parts of Shadowlands (namely Sylvanas) without being a race from the Shadowlands.

If there is any AR it's going to likely be them (both Belf and Nelf, one for each faction) because it isn't tied to the covenants and lets the magic ghost races stay in Shadowlands which a lot of people want.

The biggest likelihood is Darkfallen, which is the newly confirmed name for Dark Rangers and San'layn (undead elves risen with red eyes). The reason being that they were foreshadowed in 8.3 but have yet to appear in Shadowlands, the new combination of name (the name is not new but how its used) and lore for them in the Sylvanas book just released (that confirms San'layn and Dark Ranger are both the same race), and the encrypted area is where they were last seen in BFA (Tirisfal). Also the Nelf dark rangers are mostly pointless in the lore unless they are meant to be playable.

It's also a race that is directly connected to parts of Shadowlands (namely Sylvanas) without being a race from the Shadowlands.

If there is any AR it's going to likely be them (both Belf and Nelf, one for each faction) because it isn't tied to the covenants and lets the magic ghost races stay in Shadowlands which a lot of people want.
    Just what we need, more elves!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post

Stay tuned for 11.0 for them to follow up on any of that at this point.

Blizz seems to like doing that.... thing where they throw a bunch of plot seeds at you and then forget about them for 2 years. Light? World Tree? First Ones? Nah see you in 2024 if ever again.

Quote Originally Posted by Hansworst View Post
    Dark Bard then. A Gothic Dark Ranger LARPing musician.
    Or Deaf Bard
    Or Disingenuous Bard
    Duck Bard.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakir View Post
    There are still simpletons who say things like "they were fine, just not for you!" and have completely ignored any and all evidence of direct problems or feedback from the eventual majority. Fortunately, these problems eventually work themselves out.
    Yeah it just sucks it took pretty much a year

I’m glad we have ion saying “talent bloat might be a thing in 8 years but that’s a problem for future us”

- - - Updated - - -

Tuskarr with panda skeletons as neutral AR

Quote Originally Posted by Malorne the White Stag View Post
    Just what we need, more elves!
    If we get another blood elves based race... It's like guys, blood elf rig got exclusive class and race but here is preorder bonus! Blood elves under darkfallen name.

Quote Originally Posted by ImTheMizAwesome View Post
    If we need another blood elves based race... It's like guys, blood elf rig got exclusive class and race again.
    I want Tuskarr

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    People are really expecting allied races for the pre order still? Come on, they would have announced that right with the expansion as it would have been the biggest feature of the entire expansion. They didn’t lose a word on it.
    They didn't mention Allied Race Death Knights, the pre-order bonus of Shadowlands, in the Shadowlands announcement.

Herald of the Titans Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by boyzma View Post
    Now I have a stupid question. With the dragon flying, if you're a dragon person, do you shift back to your human form or are you a dragon on a dragon( and if you have a dragon pet,) with a dragon?
    Dracthyr will be able to take part in the new flying system with their wings instead of having to ride a dragon.
    Though you’ll probably still be able to ride a dragon if you wanted to I guess.

Only question now is if you can fly with your wings with classic flying in old content.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Chen isn't a Monk

10+ Year Old Account
    I want Tuskarr
    I swear Blizz already made me roll a male character with Kul'tirans, now they're gonna do it to me again with Tuskarr.

I want Tuskarr
    Me too, but it seems like the new people in the position of making these decisions are playing BE only. ^^

of course im joking a little, but sometimes it just feels like it, and if AR happen and it will be elves again, joke will turn into a truth.

While I can see the logic in the argument, my point is whether an AR is likely at this point to even happen.

I don't think a new AR is likely, I feel there would be more solid hints by now in terms of databases and assets.

Yet, I also feel that the lore hints ARE pointing towards something; and if it is something that translates to player choice, more customization options, perhaps unlockable ones a la Night Warrior, feel more likely for me.