Certainly makes you curious what the scope of such a patch would be.

I won't hold my breath for my previously suggested micro rip cord, I expect a bit more about sylvanas and some gameplay updates like brawler's guild I guess. Maybe some much needed alt friendly upgrades.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Rider View Post
    9.2 new zone I guess
    Was that ever in question?

Formerly known as Arafal

Going to guess 9.1.5 will have:

-Campaign quests with Sylvanas and the Oribos Key
    -Heritage armor for Forsaken and Night Elves: can be related to Calia talking to Sylvanas and "the purpose" for the Night Elf souls that has been mentioned. maybe a hint at what's going on in Azeroth for their new cities?
    -Some QOL stuff: possibly removing the weekly restriction on covenant swapping

Feel free to add!

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Was that ever in question?
    Anything can be in question if you want to be a doomsayer...
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    Unlikely but I'm hoping it's a Heritage Armor/Allied Race patch
    I think heritage armor is almost guaranteed, as they specifically said "heritage armor is for .5 patches" and this is our first .5. And the only really important Azeroth races to this expansion are Forsaken and Night Elf.

maybe some threads of fate updates? I hear people aren't as fond of it, because the campaign supposedly is still faster (I still prefers ToF though).
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    maybe some threads of fate updates? I hear people aren't as fond of it, because the campaign supposedly is still faster (I still prefers ToF though).
    I think the levelling option that has been the most hyped is one that allows you to farm Torghast for experience. Threads of Fate only of course, but it would be a nice change of pace to really feel the difference in each class in Torghast without having to go all the way to max level.

Threads of Fate is such a huge disappointment. It should enable world quests along with being able to level in any zone in any order doing the campaigns as well, plus Torghast leveling.

Threads of Fate is such a huge disappointment. It should enable world quests along with being able to level in any zone in any order doing the campaigns as well, plus Torghast leveling.
    Threads of Fate should allow you to get Renown as well, really. Honestly, the only thing you get for when you cap is a miniscule amount of Anima.

The covenant campaign sounds good, I would understand not doing the leveling campaigns though, untangling them is probably going to be a mess.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Probably leveling in Torghast + heirlooms.

One thing that would be truly amazing is option for Chromie time 50-60 and skip to Oribos on alts. I have shit ton of alts that I have no intention to do any SL content or max level progression, would be cool to do some old stuff with them, still miss transmog from old quests.

Unlikely but I'm hoping it's a Heritage Armor/Allied Race patch
    I'd love some of that. I was skeptical about Shadowlands from the get go because we did not get a single new class or race. I've been holding out hope that there would be some allied races thrown in the mix at some point.

I'd love SL allied races but there have been no updates to the covenant races in the files, save for some new hairstyles for Venthyr for the band in Tazavesh.

Of course they could be hiding it, but eh.

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    Threads of Fate should allow you to get Renown as well, really. Honestly, the only thing you get for when you cap is a miniscule amount of Anima.
    You do get Renown though, just not a whole lot. A future version might give more liberal showerings of Renown, but I guess we will have to wait and see what that something might be.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    9.1.5 was just confirmed by the new Classic test build, fwiw.
    The hell they gonna put it in? A domination gear vendor with embers? Lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Firedemon View Post
    No. On these forums any updates mean an expansion hint.
    Wrathin comes back? Dragon expansion clearly!
    LK part of a quest? Wotlk 2 clearly!
    Sylvanas working with a death master? Shadowlands clearly!

At the point we're headed for Wrath of the Shdowlands Dragon Isles Lich and tinkers.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    They added a file that lists deprecations of interface features for 9.1.5.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    -- These are functions that were deprecated in 9.1.5, and will be removed in the next expansion.
    -- Please upgrade to the updated APIs as soon as possible.

if not IsPublicBuild() then
    return;
    end

-- Tooltips have moved to use the NineSlicePanel interface. Some old functionality remains (see SharedXML\SharedTooltipTemplates.lua)
    do
    -- These functions are no longer meaningful
    TooltipBackdropTemplateMixin.OnBackdropLoaded = function() end;
    TooltipBackdropTemplateMixin.OnBackdropSizeChanged = function() end;
    TooltipBackdropTemplateMixin.GetEdgeSize = function() return 0 end;
    TooltipBackdropTemplateMixin.GetBackdropCoordValue = function() return 0 end;
    TooltipBackdropTemplateMixin.SetupTextureCoordinates = function() end;
    TooltipBackdropTemplateMixin.SetupPieceVisuals = function() end;
    TooltipBackdropTemplateMixin.HasBackdropInfo = function() return false end;
    TooltipBackdropTemplateMixin.GetBackdrop = function() return nil end;

-- These functions will just apply the default backdrop and show the artwork
    TooltipBackdropTemplateMixin.ApplyBackdrop = function(self)
    local layout = NineSliceUtil.GetLayout("TooltipDefaultLayout");
    NineSliceUtil.ApplyLayout(self.NineSlice, layout);
    self.NineSlice:Show();
    end;
    TooltipBackdropTemplateMixin.SetBackdrop = function(self)
    local layout = NineSliceUtil.GetLayout("TooltipDefaultLayout");
    NineSliceUtil.ApplyLayout(self.NineSlice, layout);
    self.NineSlice:Show();
    end;

-- This function will just hide the artwork
    TooltipBackdropTemplateMixin.ClearBackdrop = function(self)
    self.NineSlice:Hide();
    end;
    end
    Usually these come with PTR builds, but they've been merging the interfaces/clients between Mainline/Vanilla/TBC so they gave us this file a bit early. Does mean 9.1.5 is likely on its way to PTR soon-ish, though. The usual news sites should pick up on it soon.
    aaaaaand there's a post on wowhead :P

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    You do get Renown though, just not a whole lot. A future version might give more liberal showerings of Renown, but I guess we will have to wait and see what that something might be.
    You get 12 if you do all 4 'chapters', it's fine I guess. Overall whole Renown catch up is so fast it feel complete pointless. Personally I would prefer if Renown require grind/effort, but you would have to do it only once on account (per covenant), with campaign unlocking all 4 transmog sets.

I mean getting 9.1.5 wasn’t too far fetched, right? 9.2 is still months away and most likely won’t be here until next year, so they absolutely need something for retail to keep the last bunch of players around.

Pretty sure there will be something revolving around Sylvanas (I expect her redemption aka she’s becoming the new Arbiter) and reforging the last sigil before the climax in 9.2.

.x.5 patches have been pretty lackluster, only those in Legion were kinda beefy. So I wouldn’t expect too much overall, something in the vein of 8.2.5 sounds reasonable.

Remember, end of September and mid November are competitor launch dates. So 9.1.5 is expected to be live around that timeframe. Maybe in October, between those two dates.

Guess Forsaken and Night Elf heritage armor would be a nice curveball on top of that.
    Last edited by Nyel; 2021-08-11 at 09:34 PM.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    Argus was a mistake and Ny'alotha rather than N'zoth as a zone next to Nazjatar was also a mistake. Even killing KJ was a tremendous error. All the 'i miss killing boars uwu' posters now were 'Azeroth is boring, we need to go to spehss, the faction war isn't important' posters then. The evisceration of the heart of the franchise took place over people talking about how it had lived out its course and it was now time to go to deal with cosmic threats. Watching those same people now complain about how boring and disconnected this is from Warcraft and how the characters who's destruction they were cheering on in cases like Jaina's BFA story has been a profoundly satisfying bit of Schadenfreude. Especially since my apathy and contempt for much of everyone of the established cast has made Shadowlands a bit more enjoyable than those who were surprised when 'Anduin solves all the world's problems and goes to space to fight ghosts' went pretty much exactly as anyone with the faintest sense of pattern recognition could've noted.
    Does our Anduin not grace your heart of hearts,
    Or Sylvanas not grace your hidden parts?
    Your critiques, rational though they be,
    Fail to address our presumed certainty
    That Anduin Wrynn, our dearest golden child,
    Would tame your lashing rapier wit so wild.

Why, dearest Andy, do they hate you so?
    And fear and hate your non-toxic gusto?
    Why should Sylvanas' motive be that clear,
    When the mystery could foster our fears?
    They so want mystery, and we grant thus
    Yet their misery they still blame on us.

We grant them stories crafted like fine wine
    And yet they for those skipped plotlines whine;
    "Who ought to care 'bout that old bald man's schemes?"
    Even when we could show them salty scenes
    Of Sylvie and Andy talking it out
    'bout what we decided you care about.

Why do you host such macho enmity
    When we fight toxic masculinity?
    (Except in the workplace, or so you're told,
    But there's little reason to be so bold!)
    Please, stop complaining, enjoy silently
    When Sylvanas becomes a goddess in 9.3

A poem, dedicated to sub-par writers everywhere.
    Last edited by Le Conceptuel; 2021-08-12 at 07:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiradon View Post
    The hell they gonna put it in? A domination gear vendor with embers? Lol
    Sylvanus questioning in Oribos, Heritage Armor, Timewalking raid, Brawlers Guild, new weekly events.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing