Tbh I'm not expecting the expansion to release this year. Scaleface was right about everything but even when he was right in the past he got some dates wrong. Which isn't anything against him, as dates change more than anything else. I'm guessing maybe February/March release.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    The visage look way to final fantasy like and just to much crap on their face. Scales painted on etc..something more simplistic isnt weird. The signature of arafal does show you how overstuffed the faces look. Looks like blue tattoos ratger then scales for example.
    I think that's just the promo art putting a lot of shit to show all customization.

In my opinion they got stuck in the hole with that whole concept.

I think that more race visage options should at least in the minimum come with patches, i really dislike BE model and animations so i would prefer to not opt of out the dragon form for even a minute, of course if they make optional tweaks like Thunderbrush did.

Quote Originally Posted by ImTheMizAwesome View Post
    In my opinion they got stuck in the hole with that whole concept.

I think that more race visage options should at least in the minimum come with patches, i really dislike BE model and animations so i would prefer to not opt of out the dragon form for even a minute, of course if they make optional tweaks like Thunderbrush did.
    Unfortunately I don't think the dragon form can even ride mounts.

Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    It just comes across as really lame to me to add a playable dragon race in the game but in combat you can be a blood elf. I think some restrictions are necessary for the race, most of the abilities can only work as a dragon anyway. Visage form is just an illusion, the dragon is their true form. I hope this stuff plays out better in game because right now they seem unsure of themselves and are trying to please both crowds.
    The new class/race is one of the major selling points, since they've removed any system that could fit that role. And Dragonriding, while fun on paper, is always gonna be shackled by the simple fact that they gave players the ability to go from A to B with almost to no friction, with regular flying. So DragonRiding (to me) is a nice addition, but not something you wanna bet your game on.

Now new lasses have always been a high point in the game, even if Monk wasn't a success, MoP is regarded as a success today. So they need to make the Drakthyr Evoker something more appealing. And, while it's just Alpha footage, the concept of a locked race/class with a look that is already pretty divisive, add to that the limited transmog (and mechagnomes werent a success in that department)...
    I can completely see how and why they'd see allowing DE to fight in visage form would be a way to loosen the race lock on the class, meaning potentially more people interested in playing one.

P.S I'm still in shock with the aesthetics from the Drakthyrs. To each his or her own, and i respect some people might like it, but the class isn't that appealing to me, and the dragon form locked combat makes it a definitive no. And i'm an altoholic.

Quote Originally Posted by Echil46 View Post
    P.S I'm still in shock with the aesthetics from the Drakthyrs. To each his or her own, and i respect some people might like it, but the class isn't that appealing to me, and the dragon form locked combat makes it a definitive no.
    And that's fine. I just don't think a race fantasy should get ruined because a lot of people don't like it. Even I am not the biggest fan of how they look, I'm assuming more customization and tweaks will come that will make me feel better about them. I just don't think it's worth changing the race to please everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Probably to show the mog. Or you are picking the Evoker class and don't like the dragon race.
    Yes and "yes" (I want to look like a dragon-disguised-as-a-mortal all the time)

Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    And that's fine. I just don't think a race fantasy should get ruined because a lot of people don't like it. Even I am not the biggest fan of how they look, I'm assuming more customization and tweaks will come that will make me feel better about them. I just don't think it's worth changing the race to please everyone.
    The visage form isn't a cop-out, it seems to be an integral part of their fantasy: it has a LOT of customization, with even hair colors and hair types that aren't available to other race.

Dracthyr in lore are a weird experiment so it makes sense their visage form isn't the same as regular dragons and is some kind of magic frankenstein that reflects how they are effectively prismatic drakes (see: the white dragon skin that is available). A race that can be both humanoid and dracanoid is cooler than just one or the other IMO and I hope that if they do in fact add combat for the visage form, they extend the tech to Worgen. There are a LOT of people I've known who just want to play a Gilnean and would enjoy having the flavor that they very rarely shift into Worgen form or not at all (and have the unique voice lines).

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post

It may be possible for Dracthyr to become other classes in the future, but that's not where the story is starting in Dragonflight.
    This is pretty exciting, and I'm down with it. I can totally accept this isolated race of sorcerers as Evokers only, and then when exposed to other races, learn new professions.

7+ Year Old Account
    The entire concept of the drachtyr evoker is flawed and they just tried to cut costs.

they knew they should have done something like MOP, the race tied with the expansion and the class, but they got lazy and tried to put then in one and we came with this half-asset thing.

I mean, look at this statement:
    The team realized early that none of the existing classes fit the theme of the race very well.
    what the FUCK those guys have in their head to say this? pandarens could be a wild range of classes, even priests and shamans, to me this only show the current team is fucking incompetent.

The "class" should be the dragonsworn, for all core races, with the draconic customizations.

The "race" should be the drakonid/humanoid dragon, that could use armor, just like pandaren, so you could be a wide variety of classes.

But, hey, wanna cut costs and do one and the same, making the "drachtyr a druid/demon form, at least don't try to hide the laziness with different hair colors, and give the visage option for all races, that way "every race" could be the new class.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Futhark View Post
    This is pretty exciting, and I'm down with it. I can totally accept this isolated race of sorcerers as Evokers only, and then when exposed to other races, learn new professions.
    And that seems sort of pointless. Why would a dragon want to learn how to swing a sword or become a mage? They can do that already with their natural abilities. Why would a Dracthyr become a mage when as a dragon they already know Fire, Arcane, Time, and Emerald Dream magic? Becoming a mage would be going backwards. Also mechanically you can't use your natural abilities like Flying or Breath attacks.

They’re dragons. The only class dragons need is Dragon. Which is what Evoker is.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    The entire concept of the drachtyr evoker is flawed and they just tried to cut costs.
    The entire concept is based on characters like Alexstraza. Alexstraza isn't going to become a Shaman or a Warrior, she's a fucking dragon.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    And that seems sort of pointless. Why would a dragon want to learn how to swing a sword or become a mage? They can do that already with their natural abilities. Why would a Dracthyr become a mage when as a dragon they already know Fire, Arcane, Time, and Emerald Dream magic? Becoming a mage would be going backwards. Also mechanically you can't use your natural abilities like Flying or Breath attacks.

They’re dragons. The only class dragons need is Dragon. Which is what Evoker is.

- - - Updated - - -

The entire concept is based on characters like Alexstraza. Alexstraza isn't going to become a Shaman or a Warrior, she's a fucking dragon.
    They're Dracthyr, not dragons

Teriz was right though, Dracthyr/Evoker is basically a playable Alexstrasza dragon that is given a humanoid dragon form instead of a full on dragon form because that would be way too big. They stated this in interviews.

Why don't they just learn to use guns and shoot people, killing them in one hit? Why doesn't every warrior just pick up a gun?

Also classes would allow them to specialize in one of their magics instead of being forced to juggle. A mage, lorewise, should be stronger than a Dracthyr in Arcane because they aren't juggling elemental/life/emerald/time magics.

Mage, Druid and Shaman Dracthyr seem like no brainers off the top of my head.

I am more concerned they will use the ability to play entirely in visage form to skimp out on Dragon form customizations.
    What is the point afterall of ensuring that the dragon forms are more than a glorified druid form if it's only the tiniest of steps above the DH metamorphosis forms?

The visage form honestly feels like it should have been a "fun" racial ability to turn into any race out of combat, not in any way a base form. You play a Dracthyr to be a dragon, not a belf with horns.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    I am more concerned they will use the ability to play entirely in visage form to skimp out on Dragon form customizations.
    What is the point afterall of ensuring that the dragon forms are more than a glorified druid form if it's only the tiniest of steps above the DH metamorphosis forms?

The visage form honestly feels like it should have been a "fun" racial ability to turn into any race out of combat, not in any way a base form. You play a Dracthyr to be a dragon, not a belt with horns.
    Yeah basically everything here is how I feel about it. Only time will tell, but Blizzard doesn't sound confident.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malorne the White Stag View Post
    They're Dracthyr, not dragons
    Uh huh. A highly intelligent winged creature with scales, a tail, and can breathe fire is not a dragon how exactly?

7+ Year Old Account
    I don't want to play Alexstraza, i want to play my own character, my humanoid dragon who can be what he want

This is literally against the concept of a Role-playing game, capping your choices.

You guys dont realize how this is awful, imagine if the concept of pandaren monk was only about chen? and you could only play Chen, a monk that is a pandaren, and a pandaren that is monk?

Rly, stop defending blizzard for their nonsense.

- - - Updated - - -

Uh huh. A highly intelligent winged creature with scales, a tail, and can breathe fire is not a dragon how exactly?
    then let me assume any form as visage

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post

The visage form honestly feels like it should have been a "fun" racial ability to turn into any race out of combat, not in any way a base form. You play a Dracthyr to be a dragon, not a belf with horns.
    I mean, people are asking for like five body types that each need to be rigged up to the Dracthyr, while ignoring the lore that suggests why Dracthyr look the way they do (spellcasters only). It makes a LOT of sense why they would hone in on the Visage form as opposed to making five body types for Dracthyr because people are still butthurt they didn't make playable Drakonids.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    Why don't they just learn to use guns and shoot people, killing them in one hit? Why doesn't every warrior just pick up a gun?

Also classes would allow them to specialize in one of their magics instead of being forced to juggle. A mage, lorewise, should be stronger than a Dracthyr in Arcane because they aren't juggling elemental/life/emerald/time magics.

Mage, Druid and Shaman Dracthyr seem like no brainers off the top of my head.
    Okay, but when you put the Dracthyr into those classes, they can no longer fly in combat, breathe fire, or utilize their other natural weapons. They are now locked into the conventions of this other class. It completely defeats their purpose as a race that can utilize their natural draconic gifts.