Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    I really don't see Dracthyr working out with other classes.
    Evokers and Dracthyr are basically one and the same thing.
    Pretty much this.

I'm sure Blizzard is just saying they could add more classes to not upset players anymore, but I doubt they are even debating this internally. Other classes would work if Dracthyr would fit only in their humanoid forms on them. But not in dragon form.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    That doesn't say he isn't joining Sylvanas in the Maw. Apparently her 9.2.5 cinematic is heavily rumored to be a follow up of the book's ending, where someone in armor approaches her, so it will probably be some conversation they have... but I think the ending of that will be Sylvanas kicking him out of the Maw because it's her penance.
    Hopefully he comes back to Azeroth soon, but that all depends whats going on with Dragonflight.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Hopefully he comes back to Azeroth soon, but that all depends whats going on with Dragonflight.
    in an interview, Ion said that Anduin will no longer be king of stormwind forever

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    This is dumb. Why pick the dragon race if you are just going to fight as a blood elf caster?
    So people can have options.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by wowrefugee View Post
    I don't think this has been said?

So the only real issue is weapons and animations related to weapons.
    Which as casters they wouldn't be using anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Cherry123 View Post
    in an interview, Ion said that Anduin will no longer be king of stormwind forever
    He can still have a story without being King. Turalyon is the new leader but Anduin can still do things, but I'm sure it will be in a limited capacity because the idea is for him to take a relevance vacation along with Sylvanas because they have been used too much.

I think he will try to tag along with Sylvanas to repent, she will kick him out of the Maw, and then he will appear in a patch in Dragonflight to meet with Wrathion. But he won't be there at launch because they want to give players a break from him and Sylvy.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    So people can have options.
    Anybody who thinks more options are always a good thing should read up on Masters of Orion 3.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Which as casters they wouldn't be using anyway.
    What a strange thing to reply with.

The context of the conversation my reply was in was about opening Dracthyr to other classes, with the example given being Paladin or warrior.

All of this debate could have been avoided if the race would have just been Drakonids and Dracthyr as a metamorphosis style CD for Evokers.

Quote Originally Posted by Santandame View Post
    All of this debate could have been avoided if the race would have just been Drakonids and Dracthyr as a metamorphosis style CD for Evokers.
    Which would suck. People want to play as dragons full time, not just every 3-5 minutes.

Except that's not what they wanted to make. They wanted people to play as a dragon, not as something that can be a dragon for a limited part of a fight.

I'm pretty sure they didn't have confidence in Drakonids and/or wanted the race to have wings. But more likely, unironically, they didn't have the resources for both.

And, as said above me, the race being "Dragons but not really" would be a turnoff for a lot of non-hardcore wow fans.

7+ Year Old Account
    "All of this could've been avoided if they went with the most boring and unimaginative route possible"

Formerly known as Arafal

"All of this could've been avoided if they went with the most boring and unimaginative route possible"
    I mean, it's technically true. Though i doubt the debate that would have ensued from that would have been any more palatable.

People saying it doesn't make sense lorewise that Dracthyr can be anything other than Evokers are being being disingenuous.

Makes no sense that a Dracthyr can't choose to pick up an axe and smash things or use a bow and arrow and tame beasts, at the very least.

Then you could argue Mage, Shamans and Druids for their connection to arcane magic, the elements and the green Dragonflight.

Priests in lore could worship Elune, like the Night Elves.

The only ones that would take some lore bending would be Paladins, Death Knights, Warlocks, Monks and Demon Hunters.

Rogues are ruled out because I imagine it would be hard for Dracthyr to be stealthy.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think Drakonids as a race are particularly boring and I think many would agree with me.

I don't think Drakonids as a race are particularly boring and I think many would agree with me.
    I don't dislike Drakonids but compared to Dracthyr:

A) They only represent one flight at a time/don't have Dracthyr's "prism" theme
    B) Aren't as conventionally attractive
    C) Don't have wings

All sticking points against them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Because expanding it beyond it's intended purpose potentially ruins the concept. A better option is to just ask Blizzard to make Drakonoids playable (the big ugly dumb kind). It probably won't happen, but its better than attempting to ruin an excellent concept.
    I am in total agreement with you. Maybe in the future....maybe....Blizzard will let other classes be dragons...but to me it makes no sense. I mean...I have mained a tauren hunter since Vanilla. How derpy would it look for her to come flying in, land, turn into some massive (because they are a lot bigger than humanoid classes) dragon and then pull out a bow/gun and start pew pewing? Is that what people want? Or to start shooting fire and magic? I don't get it. Leave it be. And I admire your patience in trying to get through peoples heads, but it doesn't seem to be working

7+ Year Old Account
    They are not, i even just advocated for Drakonids to be added last page.

But dumbing down Evokers to a 2 minute cooldown absolutely is boring.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    I'm pretty sure they didn't have confidence in Drakonids and/or wanted the race to have wings. But more likely, unironically, they didn't have the resources for both.

And, as said above me, the race being "Dragons but not really" would be a turnoff for a lot of non-hardcore wow fans.
    It's a shame if they feel that way because I feel like Drakonids would very likely be more played than Gnomes, Pandas, Goblins, Kul Tirans, LF Draenei, HM Tauren and Nightborne at the very least. Possibly even moreso than Dwarves, Tauren and Forsaken.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharby View Post
    How come though?

Most Class animations are fairly standardized, and the Dracthyr use existing rigging, so as long as they have generic melee and casting animations, they could fit any class.

Lore has never really been a deterring factor as we've seen they can make stuff up on the fly. At this point its just what Blizzard wants for the race rather than any story or technological reason, but we know they're open to feedback.

If cross-faction play became a thing, then anything is on the table imo, I don't think Blizzard will be stubborn about anything again provided there is enough feedback.
    This is a situation where people want something, but they really don’t. The entire purpose of this race is for the Evoker, and the entire purpose of the Evoker is the Dracthyr. You remove any part of that relationship and things begin falling apart.

For example, let’s allow Dracthyr to become any class. How does their visage system work? Are they going to be like Worgen where you stay in Dracthyr form 99% of the time (BORING)? Are they going to maintain the mechanics from the Evoker class and only turn into Dracthyr when in combat? Are we going to give them full armor and allow them to swing weapons? Okay, we’ll now the entire point of the Dracthyr is altered. What about their wings? Other classes don’t have aerial abilities, so now you have these huge wings in the back that clip with cloaks and sheathed weapons.

What about racials? We’ll give them draconic racials of course right? We’ll now you’re stepping on the toes of the Evoker class and making them somewhat redundant.

Speaking of the Evoker, once you remove the Dracthyr from being linked to the Evoker, the new class now makes no sense, and you have a class that only one race can play as. That can’t stand, so now you’re going to have to change the Evoker to something that can fit general races. It now becomes another boring spellcaster, and we’ve lost an interesting and innovative class.

No thank you.