7+ Year Old Account
    PTR realms are offline so we should get a new build soon

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    Is there anybody who doesn't like Dwarves?
    It helps that they can be almost any class.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

7+ Year Old Account
    It's kinda hard to hate when they are so criminally underused that there just isn't anything to hate them for.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    It's kinda hard to hate when they are so criminally underused that there just isn't anything to hate them for.
    It's a shame, too, because they are objectively one of the most tolerable races in just about every way. I think one thing that makes them particularly good is that they can't really be shilled for like any other race. You think about Humans, Elves, and any other race that's existed in WoW they've been shilled to hell and back, which is a tad frustrating. Dwarves are less of a copypasta of a race (which is ironic, as they are the most copy-pasted and generic race in WoW in some ways)—they're something which can stand on their own merits without necessitating the endless shilling of the writers or more excessive powers or influence. They simply have a strong identity and interesting personalities, no need for excessive powers, ancient empires, or attractive designs. They simply are, and what they are is likable.

Quote Originally Posted by Polybius View Post
    Sylvanas and Garrosh. Some have turned out to be terrible people but others just love to roleplay.
    And some of them are very skilled roleplayers at that.
    On silken ebony wings the harbinger of death arrives.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    They exist. But they don't seem to be very numerous, thankfully.
    "A youtuber said so."

"... some wow experts being interviewed..."

"According to researchers from Wowhead..."

Quote Originally Posted by Three Faced Goddess View Post
    And some of them are very skilled roleplayers at that.
    Garrosh is a shame—he really was an excellent character, but people seem too set on apologizing for him. I frankly think that both incarnations of Garrosh – the Stonetalon approach and the MoP approach – are good characters, though it is a shame to me we didn't get the former at all. I do hope that Geya'rah may end up as the new Stonetalon Garrosh, which is why I'm so often shilling for her as a good character (if not a reliable narrator or good person). I do think that one thing I can say strongly about Garrosh is he is one of the better characters personality-wise and motive-wise in WoW. He was somebody you could grow attached to.

The issue with people taking the wrong thing away from him is that they are too set on reconciling the evil and honorable perspectives on the Horde when they are not strictly incompatible as being simultaneously-extant groups in the Horde. Somehow, the Horde needs to be a ravening horde of lunatics but also an honorable federation of clans. This confused perspective is part of what makes Garrosh apologists too inclined to apologize for him in the way they do. This also relates, I think, to Garrosh being a very good character and those being very scarce right now. It makes one almost hope that he could have been redeemed simply because he was cool enough that he could've been a very interesting leader in, say, Legion or BfA relative to characters like Sylvanas.

I will say that Sylvanas apologists annoy me more, though, because her actions were generally objectively far worse (direct, active and intentional genocide plus sending everybody she killed to hell to be killed a second time or at least be tortured) yet it seems more common for her to be portrayed as a victim whereas Garrosh is rightly portrayed as the genocidal aggressor he is. Both are bad, but I'd say Sylvanas is worse. It's very odd that Sylvanas was redeemed but Garrosh couldn't even be redeemed in the afterlife. I think both deserved repercussions, but I think Garrosh certainly would deserve a few millennia in Revendreth more than the Maw, and certainly was less evil than Sylvie by any account.
    Last edited by Le Conceptuel; 2022-04-27 at 10:27 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    But that wasn't a factor in the BFA or Shadowlands pre-order. Cosmetic rewards came immediately, while the allied race stuff came in the following minor patch. The Dragonflight pet, mount & transmog bonus are already in the live client.

Also none of that means they can't talk about it.
    There was a story about Lorethemar teaching Zekhen how to read. Which seemed extremely offputting because Trolls were the first to acclimate to the other languages of Azeroth. Also why would the Leader of the Elves teach a random Troll this?
    Lor'themar teaches Ersula lore

Lore'themar

10+ Year Old Account
    Hating on elves and humans seems overly edgy or trying to be contrarian(Like what you wanna like, but don't be a dick).

I should add theres enough elves these days >.>

Edit: I should say I do like there is Night Elves and High Elves/Blood Elves. If they can find a way to be creative with new elves(No not void elves cause even that I sometimes wonder about) then sure.
    Last edited by Aeluron Lightsong; 2022-04-27 at 10:35 PM.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Odd. Is there going to be some kind of epilogue for Sylvanas beyond the Maw bit from 9.2?

This is annoying... i can completely recall the tune, but i can't remember what it was.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Hating on elves and humans seems overly edgy or trying to be contrarian(Like what you wanna like, but don't be a dick).

I should add theres enough elves these days >.>
    I do understand why you'd be offput by that statement, and I don't dislike Humans or Elves at all—I simply find one element annoying, and that's how much the story shills for them. It gets a tad annoying when the narrative constantly reminds us of "human potential" or how the Elves are beautiful, immortal, perfect etc. and it derails other, more interesting races. They're not bad at all—in fact, I highly favor Blood Elves as a race, but I find it annoying when they're so heavily-shilled by the narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    This is annoying... i can completely recall the tune, but i can't remember what it was.
    I believe it is a part of Lament of the Highborne?

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Lament of the Highborne.

Quote Originally Posted by ChairmanKaga View Post
    Odd. Is there going to be some kind of epilogue for Sylvanas beyond the Maw bit from 9.2?
    Could also be for the other Windrunners, perhaps a conversation about whether Sylvanas' judgment was sufficient or something of the sort or Alleria and Vereesa bonding. It also seems like it would fit Alleria doing something a little ominous.

I guess it will be the music during the last Sylvanas cutscene in the Maw

Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    I believe it is a part of Lament of the Highborne?
    Yes, that sounds about right. Could be about Sylvanas or it could be related to the Blood Elf heritage stuff, i suppose.

Darkfallen allied race intro music, calling it! Most character creation intros last around that length.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Finally they are increasing amount and adding sources for grateful offerings. Laziness, you saved my time again!