The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wowrefugee View Post
    Still waiting for an example of a set with bells and whistles on the helmet, cloak, shoulders and chest.

You don’t even have to analyze every set. Just look at the elite gladiator and mythic sets in the collection tabs. Easy.
    Warlocks from legion?
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    Warlocks from legion?
    Yeah, that's a great example. At least you get what I meant.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, that's a great example. At least you get what I meant.
    But the wings, and special effects, are only attached to the helm. Which you said wasn't what you were talking about. So which is it? Single pieces with special effects of the entire set has to have them.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

I’ll try one more time: I am talking about sets as a whole.

I am not talking about if you think it looks cool.

I am talking about how every set named so far has at most 1 piece with something exceptional about it, and the transmog shop set has exceptional effects on multiple pieces of its armor.
    The shoulderpads have a tiny bit of extra graphic of a constellation on the side, and the cloak has those three orbiting star thingies. Sure they are technically different, but are they honestly so massively distinct that you are going to count them as twice as elaborate as other sets?
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    I'm just curious as to how they will be handling the Nelf Dark Rangers. I assumed we would get both the Belf and Nelf so each faction can get an AR (with similar racials) but maybe they will only do one of them?

Or they are giving them both the same starting zone and music.

https://twitter.com/Portergauge/stat...55065689391104

Looks like a hint they will be reusing the unique Dark Ranger voice actors that were used in Darkshore.
    Interesting but I don't think they sound identical. I know we are just dealing with a series of grunts and squeals here but the new VO is a lot higher pitched.

https://www.wowhead.com/sound=123384...er-be-f-attack

That said, I don't know what else to interpret it as at this point. I just hope they deviate from the base BE model some for visual diversity. Especially since we already have greyish / pale elves via VE.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    But the wings, and special effects, are only attached to the helm. Which you said wasn't what you were talking about. So which is it? Single pieces with special effects of the entire set has to have them.
    Huh are the wings part of the helm? I always figured they are a cloak though I guess that’s cause I haven’t played or looked into locks for years.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    Huh are the wings part of the helm? I always figured they are a cloak though I guess that’s cause I haven’t played or looked into locks for years.
    The tier 20 is based on the tier 6. Basically a HD remake so the wings proc based on the helm being equipped/transmoged. I wish it was a back slot because I prefer another helm for my character but would love the wings.
    Last edited by rhorle; 2022-04-28 at 05:57 PM.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    The shoulderpads have a tiny bit of extra graphic of a constellation on the side, and the cloak has those three orbiting star thingies. Sure they are technically different, but are they honestly so massively distinct that you are going to count them as twice as elaborate as other sets?
    Honestly, viewing it ingame, it actually looks rather low-effort and awfully tacky. Not sure why wowrefugee thinks it's such a big deal. It's certainly not Blizzard's best work.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    The expansion is quite far along, Alpha is coming soon. snip
    This font color sucks.

Dayum, Holinka just dropped on MrGM's interview that all races can be rogues, mages and priests in 10.0 (including Tauren rogues) with more stuff coming moving forwards as they want to get rid of the race/class limitation.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    Dayum, Holinka just dropped on MrGM's interview that all races can be rogues, mages and priests in 10.0 (including Tauren rogues) with more stuff coming moving forwards as they want to get rid of the race/class limitation.
    Oh man some people are going to freak out and get mad over this. I think this is a good change though, those classes aren't really a big deal like DH or Druids being all races.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh my.... Bold
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Was really happy to hear that as well as Holinka admitting that it takes longer to make shamans/paladins/druids because of their unique assets.

I do think it was weird that he included Warlocks there because AFAIK they don't have any race specific stuff. Why not open it up?

I know there were Draenei Rogue NPCs in WoW but even I can't believe it.

But why give Highmountain Priest, but not give Lightforged Hunter?

Also "getting rid of race/class restrictions" after announcing a 1 class race?
    Last edited by Ersula; 2022-04-28 at 06:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post

Also couldn't every race already be a priest?
    I think Orcs (regular, not Mag'har) were the only race not having priests. And HM Tauren I think?

They still might, they want to do more of that going forward. Some of the other race/class combos might need slightly more work than just checking a checkbox.

It was more subtly worded than that, but I'm sure you can the exact quote elsewhere. I wasn't exactly transcribing it.

Lightforged can already be hunters, they can't be monks though, for some reason.

Cool, I guess. But it kind of makes the whole Dracthyr visage form restrictions seem even more stupid in retrospect.

Why add the most restrictive race/class in the game if you goal is to do the opposite.

All of them? Sigh...

10+ Year Old Account
    I want a demon hunter mechagnome !