Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    I so sure that Alexstrasza will be positively thrilled to see Dragnomaw as Horde representatives. So many fond memories of them being together in the past!

Amazing reasoning, just to fit some more precious orcs in the setting.
    God forbid we explore a topic with a little bit of unforced dramatic potency. The fact that this obvious narrative conflict is offputting is the whole reason they should do it. Instead of the forced, illogical, confused stories we get these days…

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantique View Post
    Tbf that's a bit disingenous of you, his point was to have the orc that befriended a cloud serpent in pandaria be part of a plotline to let the Dragonmaw redeem themselves to Alexstrasza and her kin, which I for one would welcome, especially since the entire clan has been in limbo afaik since the WoD prepatch.
    It was established in Legion that Gorfax is the new post-Zaela leader.

Quote Originally Posted by draugril View Post
    God forbid we explore a topic with a little bit of unforced dramatic potency. The fact that this obvious narrative conflict is offputting is the whole reason they should do it. Instead of the forced, illogical, confused stories we get these days…

- - - Updated - - -

It was established in Legion that Gorfax is the new post-Zaela leader.
    With the pvp artifact prestige ceremony thing? That's not a lot for a clan that up until then seemingly went all in for Garryboi :P

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantique View Post
    With the pvp artifact prestige ceremony thing? That's not a lot for a clan that up until then seemingly went all in for Garryboi :P
    Which was a complete betrayal of their Twilight Highlands characterization, Zaela included.

But regardless, it’s something. They’re still a faction allied the the Horde proper. They weren’t wiped out.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, there’s an implicit follow up with the Vulpera helping to settle the. Mag’har in Twilight Highlands as well.

7+ Year Old Account
    I mean, yes. Sending Dragonmaw to a wild and uncharted land to work with Alex and the drakes is much more logical move than sending an org that has experience in explorations and finding knowledge in hostile territories. And that also did not torture and enslave the last OG aspect and her offspring.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    I don't see how it could be anything else really. Having them running super fast on their legs would be weird. Maybe they fly low to the ground, then when they gain the appropriate riding skill they can fully fly in old content?

I think flying is an integral part of the Dracthyr given their wings.
    Fully agreed though with the developpers sending mixed signals, this guy may as well have been thinking of "Dh glide ++" as the "racial mount" which would be dumb, but you never know.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    I mean, yes. Sending Dragonmaw to a wild and uncharted land to work with Alex and the drakes is much more logical move than sending an org that has experience in explorations and finding knowledge in hostile territories. And that also did not torture and enslave the last OG aspect and her offspring.
    This isn’t an either/or situation.

This isn’t an either/or situation.
    No, but you're suggesting the Horde take the stupidest possible move, while being fully aware it is that.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    No, but you're suggesting the Horde take the stupidest possible move, while being fully aware it is that.
    Who says it needs to be “the Horde sending someone”? Hell, it could be Koak himself going to make amends solo.

7+ Year Old Account
    Who says it needs to be “the Horde sending someone”? Hell, it could be Koak himself going to make amends solo.
    Nobody, but this whole back and forth is about the reliquary and explorer's league being involved instead of someone else.
    Started with Syegfryed complaining about why we are sending "weakling scholars" instead of "beeg stronk beast hunters like the Dragonmaw".
    Last edited by Raetary; 2022-04-29 at 07:16 PM.

Formerly known as Arafal

Bloodsail Admiral Foreign Exchange Ztudent's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    I have a hard time believing the modern Warcraft Team in any way shape or form will ever tolerate or even acknowledge old canon tied to Rape.

Maybe they will still honor old canon, but the idea that they will go "By the way, here's the clan who enslaved the Dragonqueen to force her to breed mounts for us" on a cozy Island adventure. Seems really out of character from Blizzard at this point in time, lol.

Maybe if you're lucky you get a "You're a chud" remark from wearing the Dragonmaw Clan tabard. But yeah, I don't expect anything else.
    Last edited by Foreign Exchange Ztudent; 2022-04-29 at 07:21 PM.
    I no longer reply to quotations beyond if you're asking a genuine question or have a non-confrontational stance.

Nihil.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Foreign Exchange Ztudent View Post
    I have a hard time believing the modern Warcraft Team in any way shape or form will ever tolerate or even acknowledge old canon tied to Rape.

Maybe they will still honor old canon, but the idea that they will go "By the way, here's the clan who enslaved the Dragonqueen to force her to breed mounts for us" on a cozy Island adventure. Seems really out of character from Blizzard at this point in time, lol.

Maybe if you're lucky you get a "You're a chud" remark from wearing the Dragonmaw Clan tabard. But yeah, I don't expect anything else.
    It was acknowledged in Chronicles.

Bloodsail Admiral Foreign Exchange Ztudent's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Merryck View Post
    It was acknowledged in Chronicles.
    Hahahahahahahaha.
    I no longer reply to quotations beyond if you're asking a genuine question or have a non-confrontational stance.

Nihil.

Quote Originally Posted by Foreign Exchange Ztudent View Post

I think they might instead acknowledge how Dragonmaw butcher dragons and use their wings for windmills. Seems like one of those things that might be difficult to idly accept.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bruxx View Post
    Fully agreed though with the developpers sending mixed signals, this guy may as well have been thinking of "Dh glide ++" as the "racial mount" which would be dumb, but you never know.
    True. Between this and other interviews, I'm just going to wait to see Alpha before saying anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Nobody, but this whole back and forth is about the reliquary and explorer's league being involved instead of someone else.
    Started with Syegfryed complaining about why we are sending "weakling scholars" instead of "beeg stronk beast hunters like the Dragonmaw".
    Ah. Well, that’s certainly not the pretense that would make for an interesting narrative there. The dramatic potency must stem from a desire for repentance.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post

OR, because it makes sense that a clan that specialize themselves in dragons and beasts should appear in a place where we are going to deal with dragons? is that rly that hard to understand?

But hey, if you think its fine that everything is fine by being elf-centric, excluding other races, as long you are having fun.
    Dragonmaw specialize in killing and enslaving dragons, neither of which will be beneficial here.

True. Between this and other interviews, I'm just going to wait to see Alpha before saying anything else.
    I have a feeling the Dracthyr flying racial might end up one of those things that will have to be fought over in the Alpha, or otherwise require extensive testing to ensure it isn't useable for various game breaking purposes.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Dragonmaw specialize in killing and enslaving dragons, neither of which will be beneficial here.
    We are fighting proto-drakes empowered by the Elements, the cult of a super powerful dead proto-drake. It is also implied that not all of the existing Dragon flights will ally with the Aspect/Titan flights. So there is definetly a place for their "special skills".
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    I have a feeling the Dracthyr flying racial might end up one of those things that will have to be fought over in the Alpha, or otherwise require extensive testing to ensure it isn't useable for various game breaking purposes.
    You mean the dragon riding racial, or self mount?

If you mean Soar, I think that's an Evoker ability.

You mean the dragon riding racial, or self mount?

If you mean Soar, I think that's an Evoker ability.
    The Dragonriding racial/self mount.
    As it currently is stated to work it doesn't seem like it will be useful much at all, and not really for a good reason either when it could just scale with regular Dragonriding.