7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by manypillars View Post
    The dragon is defo not amused.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    There's a lot of mammals that still have a male & female but aren't dimorphic by sex. And reptiles even moreso. That's the whole conversation here. Dragons specifically in WoW, you can't tell the males from the females by looking at their dragon form.
    but we have to have dragon boobies or dragon abs because...nature yeah nature not some weird fetish

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonsworn 4 Lyfe View Post
    but we have to have dragon boobies or dragon abs because...nature yeah nature not some weird fetish
    To be fair, if you had a reptile in humanoid form, it would have to have abs so it can stay upright.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    So looks like plan was to release 9.2 last November, then reveal DF on Blizzconline and launch November this year. Now it's not surprising that first 9.2 PTR build had almost completed zone. Probably plan went to hell around summer for obvious reason, which also cause them to put extra focus on 9.1.5 changes.

I believe them when Ion/Morgan said they planned two patches/3 raids before launch (it was already deep into covid), but I don't think it was plan when they revealed expansion. Empty spot on Oribos top floor and Torghast are clear signs.
    are you saying that covid effected the game development and led to delays even after launch?? careful because that kind of sound logic can lead to screeching around here

i imagine the original plan with DF was easily november this year but with the prequel novel coming out november im assuming january release based on the bfa novel time gap

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    To be fair, if you had a reptile in humanoid form, it would have to have abs so it can stay upright.
    but they gotta be a 6 pack man otherwise how can we possibly play them RP accurate

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonsworn 4 Lyfe View Post
    but they gotta be a 6 pack man otherwise how can we possibly play them RP accurate
    6? At least 8. If possible with outline definition so they pop better.

So when do PTR builds usually happen? Is it random? I feel like it usually happens on Thursdays or Tuesday but I dunno.

6? At least 8. If possible with outline definition so they pop better.
    If I can't grate cheese on those abs they aren't believable for upright posture!

Quote Originally Posted by wowrefugee View Post
    So when do PTR builds usually happen? Is it random? I feel like it usually happens on Thursdays or Tuesday but I dunno.
    Pretty much, rarely on Fridays as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    If I can't grate cheese on those abs they aren't believable for upright posture!
    Truth be told if we would be talking about anatomy, you would expect a winged humanoid to have some insane shoulder muscles since they'd have muscles that both support the arms and the wings.

7+ Year Old Account
    Pretty much, rarely on Fridays as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Truth be told if we would be talking about anatomy, you would expect a winged humanoid to have some insane shoulder muscles since they'd have muscles that both support the arms and the wings.
    Tbf this PTR season is wild anyways regarding it's push days. I think we had everything from Monday to Friday already.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    Tbf this PTR season is wild anyways regarding it's push days. I think we had everything from Monday to Friday already.
    Well it's not like they are even testing anything. Seems to me they are mostly pushing them to test stability? They haven't had any focused testing for the affix in dungeons and raids, we haven't seen the old dungeons & raids retuned either. 9.2.5 seems to be a fair bit far. Ofc it could just go live with the instances untested which can end up hilarious.
    Last edited by Nymrohd; 2022-05-11 at 08:32 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Well it's not like they are even testing anything. Seems to me they are mostly pushing them to test stability? They haven't had any focused testing for the affix in dungeons and raids, we haven't seen the old dungeons & raids retuned either. 9.2.5 seems to be a fair bit far. Ofc it could just go live with the instances untested which can end up hilarious.
    They can release the patch for the crossfaction part (prolly together with the end of hall of fame and crossrealm raiding) and test the affixes later since they already said they won't start season 4 with patch release anyways.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

They can release the patch for the crossfaction part (prolly together with the end of hall of fame and crossrealm raiding) and test the affixes later since they already said they won't start season 4 with patch release anyways.
    End of Hall of Fame . . . so after the summer I guess. 9 Alliance guilds have killed Mythic Jailer. The guilds near top 100 on Alliance side have not killed Anduin Mythic yet.

Ofc they will probably just nerf the raid even more next week when the Horde Hall of Fame closes.

We have though.

All the old dungeons are already available to test. The new affix is half-implemented.

Fated Raids show up on the UI anyway, I dont know if they actually work.

7+ Year Old Account
    End of Hall of Fame . . . so after the summer I guess. 9 Alliance guilds have killed Mythic Jailer. The guilds near top 100 on Alliance side have not killed Anduin Mythic yet.

Ofc they will probably just nerf the raid even more next week when the Horde Hall of Fame closes.
    That's my guess too. Will be interesting to see what else they do for Jailer and Anduin - I think both LoD and Rygalon are quite fine with all the gear we have now. Also, season 4 could be quite cool too since the raids will all be in their nerfed state from the beginn I would guess, and the affixes are more helping than cursing.

- - - Updated - - -

In the end, the big question is if season 4 is more accessible for lower end mythic raids - what's the reason to overtune stuff at the start? Let's say the numbers jump up from 2% of Cutting Edge to 30% Mythic clears - wouldn't it make more sense to keep a lighter tuning for future raids? And keep in mind, even now when we talk about "nerfed raids" only ~2% of the players finish the raid.

Of course that's pure speculation on my part but it will be fun to watch the numbers of that experimental season.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

In the end, the big question is if season 4 is more accessible for lower end mythic raids - what's the reason to overtune stuff at the start? Let's say the numbers jump up from 2% of Cutting Edge to 30% Mythic clears - wouldn't it make more sense to keep a lighter tuning for future raids? And keep in mind, even now when we talk about "nerfed raids" only ~2% of the players finish the raid.

Of course that's pure speculation on my part but it will be fun to watch the numbers of that experimental season.
    Eh, I think it makes sense for Mythic to only be finished by 2%. We have three other difficulties below it.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    How it "would end up hilarious"? S4 isn't launching with 9.2.5. But still I think they want test everything before patch launch to get it done and focus on Alpha. If I remember correctly in 9.1 and 9.2 M+ affix was tested on final weeks of PTR as well.

7+ Year Old Account
    Eh, I think it makes sense for Mythic to only be finished by 2%. We have three other difficulties below it.
    Well, what brings more player numbers? The people who would only play if only 2% finish Mythic, or the people who would play if they actually could finish the highest content / get the cool cosmetics? It's a psychological thing. It would be different if the game would work like D3 were you don't get any new cosmetics for pushing higher levels of content - in that case it's just for rankings but players don't loose out on content if they aren't running hardcore XIII or whatever they call their levels now haha. I'm also quite sure this could help quite a bit with the boosting issue.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    How it "would end up hilarious"? S4 isn't launching with 9.2.5. But still I think they want test everything before patch launch to get it done and focus on Alpha. If I remember correctly in 9.1 and 9.2 M+ affix was tested on final weeks of PTR as well.
    The Fated Affix can very well end up giving us a meta like HFC with a focus of just blowing up bosses using the affix effects. I honestly though that late 6.2 HFC runs were just funny as hell because I've never seen current raid bosses getting deleted like that before.

7+ Year Old Account
    Mythic+ is another example of a system that works far better than the current Mythic raid system - simply because cosmetic rewards are capped at +15 which can be finished by ~20% of their players, while +20 gives the portals which while cool, aren't customization so players who missed out on them won't mourne them too much. The 1% gets a title which also isn't that much of a problem if you don't get it.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Well, what brings more player numbers? The people who would only play if only 2% finish Mythic, or the people who would play if they actually could finish the highest content / get the cool cosmetics? It's a psychological thing. It would be different if the game would work like D3 were you don't get any new cosmetics for pushing higher levels of content - in that case it's just for rankings but players don't loose out on content if they aren't running hardcore XIII or whatever they call their levels now haha. I'm also quite sure this could help quite a bit with the boosting issue.
    Do people really buy Mythic boosts at a large number? I've seen the pricing for those and it is crazy. You really need to be a whale to be able to negotiate those prices.

As for Mythic raiding cosmetics . . . meh. The only worthwhile collectible is the mount. Everything else you can acquire a tier later with your raid group (it's what we do; we progress on Heroic until we get a very high ilvl and then we split days between easier current Mythic bosses and previous tier Mythic). Heck in this particular expansion even the last tier Mythic can end up on farm by heroic raiders after they get some decent Fated Heroic gear.

Mythic raid gear is just not particularly exclusive. It will never feel as impressive as gladiator gear.