New 10.0 build up on wowdev, the second one we've seen so far. If those are regular now, internal (but on Battle.net) alpha is definitely happening.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    New 10.0 build up on wowdev, the second one we've seen so far. If those are regular now, internal (but on Battle.net) alpha is definitely happening.
    Poggers!!!
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Time to restart the hype train then !

Quote Originally Posted by Therougetitan View Post
    Season 4 could happen in Q3 for resubs plus they are still holding Dragonflight preorders so that is a possibility they are holding it to help boost Q3 profits.
    I mean, Q3 starts next month, so that's quite likely to happen.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Foreign Exchange Ztudent View Post
    I honestly don't know anymore. The whole fact that the Marketing and PR Team okayed what was a suicidal attempt at revealing a product in a manner in which their primary selling points was "Scalies, 4 zones, Talent/Profession revamp" and then leaving more info to be found only 3 days later in interview while for 9.2 Reveal they had the embargoes lifted immediately or a few hours after the 9.2 Presentation that was universally disliked. Again, they should've opened preorders on Day 1.

This whole situation is absurd from a company whos' main purpose at this point is to extract money while providing as little value to the consumer anyways. So what exactly is happening internally for someone in management to have put a firm stance on shifting policy on the reveal + preorder? Surprising, that is what it is.

Again, they are trying to find their footing again. I think the emptiness of the base product is fine as long as they got the post launch content on lock on at least a 6 month per major patch cycle.

The whole Ion comments on the progress of Dragonflight development and the contradictory state of lack of preorder and Feature Trailer alongside the lack of Unencrypted Alpha it is very odd.
    Diablo IV is the product they can redeem themselves with. Dragonflight won't be it anyway. And after the Diablo Immortal fiasco and their even more tarnished reputation, that's where all the hope lies. And maybe Overwatch 2, but that sounds to become a cash grab as well.
    Last edited by Nyel; 2022-06-14 at 06:33 PM.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    I mean, Q3 starts next month, so that's quite likely to happen.

- - - Updated - - -

Diablo IV is the product they can redeem themselves with. Dragonflight won't be it anyway. And after the Diablo Immortal fiasco and their even more tarnished reputation, that's where all the hope lies. And maybe Overwatch 2, but that sounds to become a cash grab as well.
    Honestly thought the part of OW2 people were most excited about was the PvE and we've heard nothing about that in a while, have we? Otherwise it's just lootboxes with a couple more heroes or maps.

15+ Year Old Account
    So setting them up for failure before it even happens? Blizzard doesn't need to redeem themselves and Diablo Immortal isn't a fiasco. It is and always was a mobile game so typical mobile game monetization should have been expected.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Honestly thought the part of OW2 people were most excited about was the PvE and we've heard nothing about that in a while, have we? Otherwise it's just lootboxes with a couple more heroes or maps.
    I mean it makes sense to start the competitive part (PvP) as early access and deliver on the PvE part somewhere later... but then it's just a glorified Overwatch (1) anyway.

15+ Year Old Account
    They said the PvE portion was what has been holding up development so they "seperated" the product to get PvP out faster. Though we should learn more on thursday when they have the Overwatch reveal event.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

7+ Year Old Account
    I mean it makes sense to start the competitive part (PvP) as early access and deliver on the PvE part somewhere later... but then it's just a glorified Overwatch (1) anyway.
    Which is for free. So, problem?

Thanks for the usual, pre-alpha "this expansion will fail".
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

15+ Year Old Account
    It always was just OW1 with a PvE expansion. At the time they did say they didn't have a good way to market it so just called it 2 even though it was just basically OW1 with PvE. Everything was always designed to transfer over and for PvP to be free for OW1 owners.

- - - Updated - - -

We are due for a 6-month subscription mount soon so I wonder if they are going to do an Annual pass instead. Lock in a year of WoW and get a free copy of D4. The Wen Lo bundle was announced January 25th so we will should know about the next one later this month.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    I am fairly optimistic about Dragonflight but I also don't think it will be as content heavy as Legion. Expansion after that will be where we might see significant additional resources.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Huh? It's already clear that Dragonflight won't be the Legion-type of renaissance that WoW is in dire need of, has nothing to do with "this expansion will fail". People left and right here and everywhere else were expecting a Legion-kind of expansion for Dragonflight with bombast, content and packed with features. We get nothing of the sort. It's a simple obversation.

10+ Year Old Account
    As long as there is no borrowed powers, conduits, billions of anima to farm, legendaries, that'll be a great xpac

10+ Year Old Account
    PVE will release later, presumably sometime in 2023. It hasn't yet been confirmed if it'll cost anything.

The PVP part of OW2 is more of a F2P reboot of OW, so it could more aptly be called Overwatch 2.0. I can confirm as a longtime player that it changes the PVP experience on a more fundamental level than is apparent on the surface but it isn't easy to notice if you haven't been following the game closely over the past few years.

10+ Year Old Account
    Huh? It's already clear that Dragonflight won't be the Legion-type of renaissance that WoW is in dire need of, has nothing to do with "this expansion will fail". People left and right here and everywhere else were expecting a Legion-kind of expansion for Dragonflight with bombast, content and packed with features. We get nothing of the sort. It's a simple obversation.
    Wow....think you can give me some winning lottery numbers here? You seem to know an awful lot about an expansion that NO ONE....except the internal alpha testers and you of course....has seen. Pretty ballsey to be making such comments.

I am fairly optimistic about Dragonflight but I also don't think it will be as content heavy as Legion. Expansion after that will be where we might see significant additional resources.
    This always sounds like a weird argument to me? How will it have significantly less content than Legion when pretty much everything has carried over since then? Or or that matter, carried over with significant improvements like M+ seasonal affixes?

It likely won't be as big a jump as Legion was from the content sahara that was WoD, but the game is already stuffed to the brim with expected content each new major patch, expecting significantly more is just begging the question of when we have more than is feasible.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by boyzma View Post
    Wow....think you can give me some winning lottery numbers here? You seem to know an awful lot about an expansion that NO ONE....except the internal alpha testers and you of course....has seen. Pretty ballsey to be making such comments.
    What's ballsy about that? We know the feature list. We know how many zones there will be. What do you think will the mysterious Alpha or Beta have in store that they have not announced yet? Like come on. Dragonflight is nowhere near that. Again, this is an observation and nothing else.

Based on what? Your wholly objective gut feeling?
    Legion was a smash hit because it was fan service heavy, but more importantly because it came off WoD, the most anemic expansion the game has had, shortest one as well.

You know what else WoW is in dire need of? An expansion that focuses on core systems instead of chasing the hype endlessly.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    This always sounds like a weird argument to me? How will it have significantly less content than Legion when pretty much everything has carried over since then? Or or that matter, carried over with significant improvements like M+ seasonal affixes?

It likely won't be as big a jump as Legion was from the content sahara that was WoD, but the game is already stuffed to the brim with expected content each new major patch, expecting significantly more is just begging the question of when we have more than is feasible.
    I guess it's more about the cadence than the content itself? If we ignore that Shadowlands had an entire tier less (and a terrible cadence), BfA was pretty close to the Legion-schedule yet with delays.

10+ Year Old Account
    Content =/ Features. To use the Legion comparison, a lot of the content that made Legion great wasn't even mentioned at its announcement. World quests weren't mentioned at its reveal and the entirety of Suramar was basically a name on a map and little else. In this sense the judgements you're making about Dragonflight could have just as easily been made about Legion at the time of its reveal and I can assure you they were.

It is simply too early to be able to reasonably pass such judgement. It isn't "simple observation", it's "biased observation", and it's fine if you want to take that stance but do be aware that people were saying the exact same about Legion when it was announced.
    Last edited by SunspotAnims; 2022-06-14 at 07:29 PM.