7+ Year Old Account
    Btw, I just checked the Shadowlands Alpha announcement back from 2020: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ne...veloper-update

Basically, they posted a blog post at Monday to announce that datamining would start on that day and invites would go out later that week. So, I imagine they would do the same again instead of a "surprise" alpha drop.

Or maybe they will have invites and datamining on the same day again and we may still get it this week.

*waves my hopium flags*

#TEAMGIRAFFE

5+ Year Old Account
    I'm so hyped up! Can't wait to have my Alextrasza moment
    Then the storm broke, and the dragons danced.

Considering the OW2 Beta is starting today, I don't think Alpha is starting today.

Probably Thursday.

I feel like Bastion is something left from a different version of Shadowlands.

The entire story doesn't really make sense and hinges on every single character and every single Kyrian having no braincells whatsoever.
    Last edited by Makorus; 2022-06-28 at 05:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    Considering the OW2 Beta is starting today, I don't think Alpha is starting today.

Probably Thursday.
    Probably, but considering that Wrath and DF will release pretty close together they probably don't care as much about news overlap as we think.

Bloodsail Admiral Foreign Exchange Ztudent's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    I mean either that or its next Monday.
    I no longer reply to quotations beyond if you're asking a genuine question or have a non-confrontational stance.

Nihil.

Quote Originally Posted by Foreign Exchange Ztudent View Post
    I mean either that or its next Monday.
    That's a holiday in the US so it'd be Tuesday at the earliest next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post

Probably Thursday.

I feel like Bastion is something left from a different version of Shadowlands.

The entire story doesn't really make sense and hinges on every single character and every single Kyrian having no braincells whatsoever.
    Bastion seemed like it was supposed to be fighting against a single minded system of "dont question me" and that just kinda got stuck after half way through the zone
    the purification dungeon also didnt really fit with the whole "the covenants were united and the primus is the bestest buddy

I think Kyrians got bogged down by the desire to "make them likeable" because they decided that the player has to join a covenant. The Kyrians in the concept art seem scary and ultra dogmatic and kill/convert other covenants, which doesn't really make them look like great people (as opposed to average people with bad, albeit fixable leadership like in retail).

My most annoying thing is that they didn't change spirit healers to be Kyrian, despite the lore being that they are. They just gave spirit healers a super HD model. Why not commit to the idea? They even have Kyrians take the place of spirit healers in quests AND in Bastion itself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    I think Kyrians got bogged down by the desire to "make them likeable" because they decided that the player has to join a covenant. The Kyrians in the concept art seem scary and ultra dogmatic and kill/convert other covenants, which doesn't really make them look like great people (as opposed to average people with bad, albeit fixable leadership like in retail).

My most annoying thing is that they didn't change spirit healers to be Kyrian, despite the lore being that they are. They just gave spirit healers a super HD model. Why not commit to the idea? They even have Kyrians take the place of spirit healers in quests AND in Bastion itself.
    I dunno, I think I'd hate the Kyrian if they were that way, seems overly cynical. What I took from them is they as beings that bring souls to the Arbiter for judgement, they can't have biases or else they might decide to shirk their duty hence to abandon their memories, which is a incredibly hard thing to do but there was a reason for it. It was just another small flaw in the armor that is the Shadowlands and how the "Path" is flawed and it is to some extent but Devos went to the worst person to look for help and unfortunately one soul paid a horrible price to even be slightly connected to Devos big plan(If she didn't manipulate Uther, Arthas might of not gotten dragged to the Maw to then get soul sucked out leaving literally nothing).
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

1+ Year Old Account
    My take on Shadowlands: As a "self contained" storyline, it wasn't horrible (horrible meaning 0/10). Unfortunately, it just didn't make sense in the Warcraft universe/story and complicated/ruined a lot. If the Shadowlands storyline was its own story (not part of Warcraft/separate), I think I would have enjoyed it more.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know who murdered Denathrius. It was... Lothraxion!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Catastrophy349 View Post
    My take on Shadowlands: As a "self contained" storyline, it wasn't horrible (horrible meaning 0/10). Unfortunately, it just didn't make sense in the Warcraft universe/story and complicated/ruined a lot. If the Shadowlands storyline was its own story (not part of Warcraft/separate), I think I would have enjoyed it more.
    Well, to be fair it seems like they want to follow the marvel formula of "you don't need any prior knowledge to enjoy it, but it's still all connected" now with Expansions.

"Do I need to play all the expansions to understand the story?

Every expansion is its own story and can be experienced without prior knowledge. But playing through the previous content is a great way to level up while also getting the backstory."
    But than again, I actually like the Shadowlands lore and any changes they did with it (especially as it saved Sylvanas from the dumbster fire of BfA lore ...).

#TEAMGIRAFFE

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Padwarle View Post
    Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Tease! Teeeeaaase!

He totally knows what we need.

*inhales deeply*

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Tease! Teeeeaaase!

He totally knows what we need.

*inhales deeply*
    Robin Williams to be back?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Robin Williams reborn as a Dragon Ancient? Sign me up!

#TEAMGIRAFFE

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Don't give me hope like that. (RIP to a very great man)
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

I made this for Zorbrix

It's true, he is allowed.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    I made this for Zorbrix

Yeah.

#TEAMGIRAFFE