10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Didn't they blame WoD on expanding their team and having to take a long while to train them?
    It was more of a consequence of them thinking the preparing them for WoD wouldn't be so well long and I guess it was and well development of WoD was not stable(Apparently despite it not looking that way when it was relevant). I'm not gonna overthink the 100 extra people, nor am I gonna think DF is WoD or doomed or whatever. People need to chill(Not pointing fingers).
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

1+ Year Old Account
    As excited as I am for Dragon-riding, I am also very nervous. If the entire leveling, travel on the Dragon Isles, access to different content, etc. is tied to Dragon-riding and it isn't fun/easy to use, that's a YIKES.

Quote Originally Posted by Catastrophy349 View Post
    As excited as I am for Dragon-riding, I am also very nervous. If the entire leveling, travel on the Dragon Isles, access to different content, etc. is tied to Dragon-riding and it isn't fun/easy to use, that's a YIKES.
    think of Dragonriding as the new Pathfinder. You will have to use it for 1 patch and will be a bit wonky, and in the 2nd patch unlock regular flying for all mounts.

Bloodsail Admiral Foreign Exchange Ztudent's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    think of Dragonriding as the new Pathfinder. You will have to use it for 1 patch and will be a bit wonky, and in the 2nd patch unlock regular flying for all mounts.
    IDK I think this would be disastrous. The Large scale of the zones and the verticality have to have meaning and purpose behind it and it can't just fall flat and then resort to unlocking regular flying.

(It doesn't really matter, but it would probably make the large scale nature of the zones more miserable)
    Last edited by Foreign Exchange Ztudent; 2022-06-29 at 07:24 PM.
    I no longer reply to quotations beyond if you're asking a genuine question or have a non-confrontational stance.

Nihil.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    It was more of a consequence of them thinking the preparing them for WoD wouldn't be so well long and I guess it was and well development of WoD was not stable(Apparently despite it not looking that way when it was relevant). I'm not gonna overthink the 100 extra people, nor am I gonna think DF is WoD or doomed or whatever. People need to chill(Not pointing fingers).
    Oh I am not saying DF is doomed either. Just that celebrating that the team is getting larger at this stage is a bit silly.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    My understanding is that Dragonriding will be much faster than normal flight but you actually have to pay attention.

My understanding is that Dragonriding will be much faster than normal flight but you actually have to pay attention.
    It will probably be quite a bit faster when going downwards and quite a bit slower when going upwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    It will probably be quite a bit faster when going downwards and quite a bit slower when going upwards.
    I assume that as you advance in the system you will be able to gain more and more lift with less descending since I expect we will have areas that are "locked" until higher dragonriding skill by having entrances at ever higher altitudes. So by the time you are fully advanced in the system you will be able to just zoom around with less effort. And ofc if it is designed well, skill in handling the mount will help out. Hey, there might even be booster cloud circles all over the place and hidden mechanics like that; maybe steam vents or updrafts

15+ Year Old Account
    Until the weak aura or addon is developed to get perfect timing/whatever. Who knows they may even develop an addon like tdBattlePetScript and have things automated. I am still a little shocked Blizzard hasn't nerfed the pet battles or other advanced things WA does.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Until the weak aura or addon is developed to get perfect timing/whatever. Who knows they may even develop an addon like tdBattlePetScript and have things automated. I am still a little shocked Blizzard hasn't nerfed the pet battles or other advanced things WA does.
    Probably, because these are pet battles. I don't think they will allow any automation of DFing, one of the big features of expansion.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

15+ Year Old Account
    Didn't they blame WoD on expanding their team and having to take a long while to train them?
    I don't think they ever blamed WoD on that but they did say it didn't help with development. Some of them weren't new hires though and just internal people that weren't up to speed on the latest WoW dev tools. Project Titan was cancelled in 2013 with WoD release in 2014. They put a lot of the new people on to Legion. I've also seen mention of a shift in focus during Alpha to have less focus on the Iron Horde.

There were many things contributing to WoD that I think training new people is the least of the problems.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    As someone who is not into pet battles, I am surprised that botting for pet battles is essentially allowed.

No
    Players did that

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    As someone who is not into pet battles, I am surprised that botting for pet battles is essentially allowed.
    It's not really botting as you a) have to write the script beforehand and b) have to press a button. Honestly, it's not really all that different to look up the strategy on the internet beforehand, writing it down and follow your cheat sheet.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    You also can't block incoming attacks/projectils with a normal mount, but you can with this special dragon mount.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    It's not really botting as you a) have to write the script beforehand and b) have to press a button. Honestly, it's not really all that different to look up the strategy on the internet beforehand, writing it down and follow your cheat sheet.
    All botting requires you to write the code before hand. It is how the bot knows what to do. Blizzard has stated that bots that still require a key press is automation the only difference here is one would be third-party tools while TD uses the WoW engine. Even if you ignore the bot aspect Blizzard has broad authority under the cheating section to deem it as "not allowed" if they wanted to.

Pet battles would be more annoying with out it and I do think they should officially implement a queue system. But letting it happen with addons gives them the ability to not have to officially support something. Besides I doubt an official UI would be better then rematch+TD anyways.

Weirdly enough, PTR realms are currently down.

1+ Year Old Account
    Thanks, Sim!

Quote Originally Posted by Padwarle View Post
    Weirdly enough, PTR realms are currently down.
    Test out 10.0 and DF at the same time

1+ Year Old Account
    For the first time in WoW's history, we will be testing our next expansion through the Public Test Realm client.

Quote Originally Posted by Catastrophy349 View Post
    For the first time in WoW's history, we will be testing our next expansion through the Public Test Realm client.
    Okay, well now we know you aren't a dev.